Match Day Experience - time to lift our game

Leoncelli_36

Note one has a cow and a sheep on it, I don't follow soccer at all so could someone please explain the relevance. We don't need city in our name as we already have "Melbourne" in it. Melbourne is enough in its own right.

When you say nightmare to reproduce, how so? I dont get why your reproducing it?

The cow and sheep and the entire inner circle of that logo are the Melbourne City Council Flag, it ls the Melbourne Coat of Arms. Clever incorporation if you ask me.

You reproduce it everytime it is published in a newspaper, every piece of clothing it has to be embroidered on, every visual media outlet taht uses it, its looks shiezen. Ends up so small and you all the features are squashed. What relevance does the southern cross have to Melbourne FC? Let's remember that at the time of the inception of our club the southern cross wasn't even a feature on our flag.

How to improve game day experience.

1. Have a curtain raiser.

2. No shitty songs at full volume.

3. No shitty ads at full volume.

4. No pre-game [censored].

5. Luke warm 4n20 with sauce while watching the curtain raiser.

6. No betting odds

7. The prospect of actually watching a win/close game.

The end

• Like 11

I like the match day to be about the match! The only song we should sing before (and after hopefully) is the "Grand old flag".

Also, I really don't like "Enter Sandman" playing at the start, totally irrelevant.

Though one thing I would like to see which would maybe boost support amongst younger fans is to improve our apparel. The latest New Era caps are good but I think they should have more options and also improve clothing as well. There is a huge market in caps as shown in the US with all theirs and I think it's a huge opportunity to get the brand out there.

• Like 1

I'd imagine they would have some input into the types of caps they want.

Probably not as they would be ordered for all18 teams by the AFL. Plus, I'd imagine the minimum order quantities would be quite high so if a club did want a specific design they would need to commit to a lot of them.

I actually bought one of the New Era caps (I rarely buy merchandise) and it's great.

Edited by Clint Bizkit

Probably not as they would be ordered for all18 teams by the AFL. Plus, I'd imagine the minimum order quantities would be quite high so if a club did want a specific design they would need t commit to a lot of them.

I actually bought one of the New Era caps (I rarely buy merchandise) and it's great.

Now do not take this as a personal sledge CB

AS Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I think the New Era caps are terrible I would not wear one to the toilet.

I will be using last years version.

Now do not take this as a personal sledge CB

AS Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I think the New Era caps are terrible I would not wear one to the toilet.

I will be using last years version.

just out of interest od, but what cap do you wear to the toilet? i'm envisioning something like a collingwood cap

• Like 1

Probably not as they would be ordered for all18 teams by the AFL. Plus, I'd imagine the minimum order quantities would be quite high so if a club did want a specific design they would need t commit to a lot of them.

actually we determine what logo we want on the front, last year we went with the shield and sales were ok, this year we have the MFC monogram and they are flying out the door. Ask the club how the sales are going.

I like the match day to be about the match! The only song we should sing before (and after hopefully) is the "Grand old flag".

Also, I really don't like "Enter Sandman" playing at the start, totally irrelevant.

Though one thing I would like to see which would maybe boost support amongst younger fans is to improve our apparel. The latest New Era caps are good but I think they should have more options and also improve clothing as well. There is a huge market in caps as shown in the US with all theirs and I think it's a huge opportunity to get the brand out there.

And no "away" apparel! Put us on the same basis as Collingwood!

The Match Day experience is demmanded by the TV Stations who have paid $millions for air time.

It actually dilutes the game itself slowly but surely.

I remember in the 70's walking to the ground from Richmond station. The 2 Cheer squads in the old Southern Stand

Both Chanting hardcore at one another.

That got the hairs up on my neck. The closer you got the louder it was.

It was real. Not like the fabricated sh!t we get served up today

The Match Day experience is demmanded by the TV Stations who have paid $millions for air time.

It actually dilutes the game itself slowly but surely.

I remember in the 70's walking to the ground from Richmond station. The 2 Cheer squads in the old Southern Stand

Both Chanting hardcore at one another.

That got the hairs up on my neck. The closer you got the louder it was.

It was real. Not like the fabricated [censored] we get served up today

I agree Sir but it is probably just showing our age.

When we start winning games regularly I wont notice all the current crap.

I would actually like a better game to watch and I don't mean from the Dees.

I used to attend games played by teams other than the Dees, I don't like the game spectacle any longer.

Too many interchanges and rolling scrums.

If it is not the Dees I go to the Amos nowadays.

I agree Sir but it is probably just showing our age.

When we start winning games regularly I wont notice all the current crap.

I would actually like a better game to watch and I don't mean from the Dees.

I used to attend games played by teams other than the Dees, I don't like the game spectacle any longer.

Too many interchanges and rolling scrums.

If it is not the Dees I go to the Amos nowadays.

i still love the game OD

Just give me the Reserves Game before and turn OFF the music between quarters

So i can talk about what i have just seen to my dad or mates.

If i want music i will rock out to a niteclub

• Like 4

Clint the cow and sheep and th entire inner circle of that logo are the Melbourne City Council Flag, it ls the Melbourne Coat of Arms. Clever incorporation if you ask me

You reproduce it everytime it is published in a newspaper, every piece of clothing it has to be embroidered on, every visual media outlet taht uses it, its looks shiezen. Ends up so small and you all the features are squashed. What relevance does the southern cross have to Melbourne FC? Let's remember that at the time of the inception of our club the southern cross wasn't even a feature on our flag.

Although I don't like the current logo, imo it's better than Melbourne Cities. The colours are much better to look at. Melbourne Cities looks just as bad when it's compressed.

A few points:

1) Why is the incorporation of the Melbourne City Council logo clever? Can guarantee you 99.999999999999(continue to infinity)% of permanent residents of Melbourne have never looked closely at the Melbourne City Council logo.

2) relevance - if they had looked closely they'd be asking why.t.f does the city of Melbourne have a whale on it's coat of Arms? (I just googled it) It's because in 1843 oil was one of our biggest exports. Let's remember that at the time of Melbourne Cities inception whaling had been banned in Australia for 35 years.

• Like 2

Although I don't like the current logo, imo it's better than Melbourne Cities. The colours are much better to look at. Melbourne Cities looks just as bad when it's compressed.

A few points:

1) Why is the incorporation of the Melbourne City Council logo clever? Can guarantee you 99.999999999999(continue to infinity)% of permanent residents of Melbourne have never looked closely at the Melbourne City Council logo.

2) relevance - if they had looked closely they'd be asking why.t.f does the city of Melbourne have a whale on it's coat of Arms? (I just googled it) It's because in 1843 oil was one of our biggest exports. Let's remember that at the time of Melbourne Cities inception whaling had been banned in Australia for 35 years.

think leo has been having a lend of you, beats

A few points:

I am not saying they have looked at it, but you are using something historic and incorporating it into a new team's logo, in an attempt to make it look old and established. I am not saying it is the be all and end all of logos, just that it is a clever incorporation. Thats fine if you don't agree, but i witnessed packed out merchandise stands yesterday, that were not full of tacky AFL style merch, but rather contemporary street wear sorta stuff. the stuff teenagers and kids lap up. There were close to 8,000 people there yesterday, not many I hear you say..they played a side from West Sydney on a Sunday at 5:00pm, it was wet and cold...what woulkd the mfc pull...12,000? 150 years vs 1 year. dont stick your head in the sand.

anyway, we are off the match day experience thing again and back onto logos. I still think there are organic ways to improve match day experience. I agree with an earlier poster that said there is no need for Enter Sandman to belt out as the players run on. Nothing to do with the MFC. Totally unnecessary.

Stuff Melbourne City. That franchaise has been around for 2 years

The MFC logo represents 157 years thus far...

and yet is purple in colour and has a whole bunch of CS made up nonsense Incorporated into it. Starring performance WYL

Sometimes you dont have to reinvent the wheel. But this looks far better than the current onemelbourne-liverpool.jpg..its just the same but without gradient and shading.

My final Point on the logo...this is what would look better thank the current one, as I said earlier, the MFC are already going for the monogram only look (see this years apparel) so just jazz it up (i got this from BF)

2zq56aa.png

Edited by Leoncelli_36
  • Like 1

actually we determine what logo we want on the front, last year we went with the shield and sales were ok, this year we have the MFC monogram and they are flying out the door. Ask the club how the sales are going.

I thought that would be the case, it is much better. I'm planning to buy one soon.

Old Dee I can understand it's probably not your style but if the club wants to grow the youth is very important ;).