Jeff Garlett - What's the story?

Curry & Beer

A Carlton insider told me last night that Robinson has lost 40% vision in one eye after their night out

Must have been a very serious punch on.

If Garlett was defending himself i can see why.

Not necessarily wyl it only takes one punch in the right spot.

A Carlton insider told me last night that Robinson has lost 40% vision in one eye after their night out

I guess the Old Wives tale about being a wan ker is true...

Edited by rpfc
  • Like 2

Get over yourself, no one cares for your legal opinion. My point was exactly what you now agree with, that we will have to wait and see before pre judging the outcome. I too am happy we got Gartlett at a good price. Glad we are of the same view, as much as it pains me to say. Let it go, or can't you?

Moonie my man, it was you that said I had made an uneducated guess, so I thought I would qualify my 'guess', on matters like this I never proffer an opinion before checking out a few things, no wait what am I saying, this is Demonland, of course you wouldn't understand that concept

It was an opinion, I'll wait till it is all over and then with hindsight, say look I was right, it was all Cam Schwab's fault

Edited by The Devil Inside
  • Like 1

Moonie my man, it was you that said I had made an uneducated guess, so I thought I would qualify my 'guess', on matters like this I never proffer an opinion before checking out a few things, no wait what am I saying, this is Demonland, of course you wouldn't understand that concept

It was an opinion, I'll wait till it is all over and then with hindsight, say look I was right, it was all Cam Schwab's fault

nonsense - it's Jack Watts fault.

• Like 2

That must make it really difficult with only half a brain as well....

• Like 6

Knew you couldn't let it go. Keep talking small man, one day you'll admit to being totally out of your depth. Then pigs might fly too.

You care for his legal opinion? Next you're going to say 'it's the vibe'. Btw, you can also not read or ignore my posts.

Ah yeah, considering he spends time around the club and has 1 on 1 interactions with the players, his opinion is valued. Edited by J VINEY FAN

I am hoping someone can help me clarify what the situation is with this player, as it doesn't seem to add up, and I wonder why he seems to have been completely forgotten by the AFL community. So we got him for pick 61, which seems to be an absolute bargain, given the player has demonstrated four consecutive, consistent seasons as an effective small forward, and at 25, is just entering his football prime. Here are his career games/goals.

2014 Carlton 9 12

2013 Carlton 22 43

2012 Carlton 22 29

2011 Carlton 24 48

2010 Carlton 20 39

2009 Carlton 10 12

Career 107 183

What happened in 2014? I read somewhere he had a shoulder injury - can anyone confirm this? In any case it does not seem to be some sort of chronic injury that would reduce his value in the market - furthermore he certainly does not have a history of injury issues, hardly missing a game for four seasons in a row prior. Can anyone comment on him having a big drop-off in form in 2014? If this was the case, why, at 24, would a player suddenly lose his form? Is it all being put down to off-field issues?

Apparently he played 12 games in the VFL (for only 7 goals) which would mean a total of 21 games for the year and therefore practically no issues with injury at all. Again, I wonder what caused such a huge drop-off in form?

http://sportingpulse.com/nfnn/team_info.cgi?action=PSTATS&pID=194532036&client=1-118-10464-294689-20320225

Now, can anybody speculate on what the consequences might be with his legal troubles - should we assume there is no outcome unforseen by the MFC and therefore no reason to suggest he won't be available to play?

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/trio-who-bashed-afl-footballers-jeff-garlett-and-mitch-robinson-spared-jail-20150107-12jn1b.html

"Liep Kuel, Abram Hothnyang and Emmanuel Golong were on Wednesday issued with convictions and community corrections orders for their part in the fight on August 3 last year, which left the then Carlton players with head injuries."

"Mr Garlett was also charged along with his brother, Gerald, and another friend. They are due to appear in court in March."

Now, are we being told that this incident is the sole reason for him being kicked out of Carlton? To me something doesn't add up - there should have been more clubs other than us and Essendon who were keen on him - why did the other 15 clubs stay away? Is this a 'no dheads' policy, that the MFC are prepared to risk?

"The Blues made it clear they wanted to trade the 25-year-old at the end of the season after he failed to tell the club he was involved in an altercation outside a Melbourne nightclub."

Moving forward, we have a 25 year old player with no injury history and a proven record of quality. Why the drop-off in form? How impotant are his off-field issues? Why did we get him so cheap with so few clubs interested?

maybe its simply a second chance, as he's quick & is a small forward which we lack on the list, as well as mature in years & development?

so he adds competition amongst smalls for a forward berth?

causes our young to step it up IF they want an AFL game...

Ah yeah, considering he spends time around the club and has 1 on 1 interactions with the players, his opinion is valued.

Missed the point again. Has no legal knowledge but proclaims to know how the case will eventuate, that is the point. Nothing to do with fanboy 1 on 1 stuff. Whatever.... had enough, you keep at it though.

Knew you couldn't let it go. Keep talking small man, one day you'll admit to being totally out of your depth. Then pigs might fly too.

Years ago I went to see the Rocky Horror Show, Stuart Wagstaff was the narrator. All through the opening scenes when Wagstaff spoke this heckler kept having something to say, finally Wagstaff invited the fella to stand up and face him and take a bow and show everyone else there how big an ahole he really was.

Keep mooning we're all starting to get a picture.

Very happy his mate Robinson is out of Melb. Have been out a couple of times and those 2 have been out together, Robinson just smacks of trouble around the corner while Garlett was always hanging off in the background.