THE ESSENDON 34: ON TRIAL

Demonland

Interesting discussion going on here about Joe Daniher and the possibility he was underage when taking part in the alleged doping program at EFC

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/joe-danihar.1089464/

if theres any truth to it then the EFC are in more strife than anyone could have imagined.

To add weight to the rumours, he hasn't been named for Essendons NAB Cup game

it just gets better and better......or rather more dumbfounding

I'm interested in the outcome of the Essendon drug probe, it is indeed a huge story. But with nothing new happening for ages I reckon there is little else to say. I've had my say in the previous thread and my view, to say the least, wasn't supported.

As for the NoT$ no B$ thread - I haven't opened it for months.

Nash I wish I'd known that before I'd counted them!!

My position on this is different to many. I don't have a hatred of any particular club and I reckon that we've been less than perfect corporate citizens in the past. The supporters make up a footy club, without them the team is nothing. Coaches, players and administrators are a passing parade of paid servants of the club who represent it somewhere between excellently and poorly. Supporters don't select those that represent them really, we can pretend we elect Boards and the such but when was the last time we selected a representative? 2003 if my memory is correct.

No supporter bases are better or worse than the others. All clubs have passionate and great supporters and all clubs have ratbags. Essendon find themselves on the end of vile management and individuals at the moment and I feel for their supporters. By being naïve and supporting their club they are doing nothing different to those who refused to concede we did anything wrong in the tanking fiasco (I'm comparing behavior here not gravity of crimes).

My initial position was that I thought the players were completely duped. Now I'm not so sure but I do think Little and Hird should never see the inside of an AFL ground again. As for the supporters I think they have been through enough and they have done nothing to bring this upon themselves (as a group).

I hope this is over soon. I hope Essendon survive as a club. I refuse to engage in the schadenfreude going on in the wider footballing community.

We nearly had Dank, you and I would never have had any input into it and we could have been where Essendon are now. And I'd hate to see us dead and buried as a result.

Ha!! Weren't you the person that just had a go at everyone for posting on here and low and behold here you are doing the same thing. Couldn't resist hey, just like the rest of us.

And by the way agree with what you were saying on this post so feel free to keep posting. Come on you know you want to, you obviously can't resist. It's ok. We won't tell anyone.

Edited by It's Time

Hypothetical question, is the Essendon picking the four players from their 2012 list who weren't involved in the supplements saga an indirect breach of confidentiality? it certainly seems that all of a sudden protecting the identity of those players isn't such a priority, why threaten to boycott games, and then do this.

• Like 1

Couldn't resist hey, just like the rest of us.

And by the way agree with what you were saying on this post so feel free to keep posting. Come on you know you want to, you obviously can't resist. It's ok. We won't tell anyone.

Yes, but not 285 times since 12 December when the topic was started!!

I'm up to 3 now, that's enough!!

You are on target, 3 per day times about 80 days. Well done , join the club.

Yeh but look at the crescendo. It's not enough.

It's interesting. It's dramatic. It's full of ever changing twists and turns. It's political, It's social. It's legal. Covers most of the topics covered by most of the tv series and you don't have to turn the tv on. Just turn to good ol DL.

Edited by It's Time
  • Like 2

Hypothetical question, is the Essendon picking the four players from their 2012 list who weren't involved in the supplements saga an indirect breach of confidentiality? it certainly seems that all of a sudden protecting the identity of those players isn't such a priority, why threaten to boycott games, and then do this.

I haven't followed this as closely as BBob ( :unsure:), but are there not 25 players from the list at the time still at EFC who have possibly been before the tribunal? Does that mean that the protection of 21 players privacy is less important to EFC than the protection of 25?

It's like a shoal of fish evading a shark - doesn't help to make the shoal smaller.

Perhaps the rationale is that there are now 4 fewer non-charged players whose reputations are thus no longer subject to suspicion?

I've never understood the privacy argument. Is it to stop the media pestering the subset of the 25? Surely the media being what it is would have no hesitation in pestering all 25 (or now 21). Or let's assume that the players are all found not guilty (or not proven in Scotland). Does that mean players who were not charged are happy to forever be subject of suspicion?

• Like 1

What is this (nonsense) about protecting the players' privacy ?

If I'm charged with a crime I usually see it in the newspapers and on TV as a matter of public record.

I still have a photo stored on my computer of the double page spread with all the photos and details from the Hun article of 2013 or whenever it was and I can't really be fussed about expending much energy to find it but, really,

What's It All About ?

• Like 1

If I'm charged with a crime I usually see it in the newspapers and on TV as a matter of public record.

I still have a photo stored on my computer of the double page spread with all the photos and details from the Hun article of 2013 or whenever it was and I can't really be fussed about expending much energy to find it but, really,

What's It All About ?

money?

because they are treating the whole process with contempt and to their own ends..

Hang 'em high I say....

• Like 1

What's It All About ?

Don't forget, they haven't actually been charged with a crime. Nevertheless, I think the privacy claim is spurious.

The only thing I've noticed in the last few pages is people think this is a big conspiracy/cover up with essendon, which includes EFC clearing all there severs and players duped etc

Essendon records are there showing the jabs. Whilst for a bit of insurance they started referring to the drugs a thymosin and amino acids etc dank believed TB4 was legal in May 2013 until corrected by the age journalists. He didn't realise he was giving a banned substances so that's why the evidence is there

I actually think dank [censored] up and didn't realise he gave them banned drugs. He thought he was walking a fine line with AOD and tried to ensure that wasn't caught whilst leaving TB4 on the books. In his interview with the age journalists he listed TB4 as the corner stone of the program!!!

Just astonishing watching ABC news after the footy tonight.

Karmichael Hunt pleads guilty to cocaine possession on 1, 8, 27 Sept and 3rd Oct 2014 in Qld.

He is still reeling from the $2500 fine and no conviction inflicted upon him ( despite his guilty plea) [spare me ]

Meanwhile in Victoria, a corrupt policeman (Kieran John Atkins) who falsely accused a motorist of using his vehicle to ram a police car was given a 4-month suspended sentence [will he ever recover?] and fined $7000 for his deceitful actions which likely would have seen the accused motorist jailed had not his fellow policeman refused to endorse his lies.

There does not appear to be much appetite in the lofty halls of Justice to make emphatic statements to maintain or restore high standards of probity and conduct in our society.

Perhaps these weak-kneed or asinine decisions are a portent of the (not) withering calibre of examination which will be seen to have been applied to some other cheats near and dear to our hearts.

• Like 3

Hate to be the one to tell you this but it aint going to be over any time soon.My take on the path of things to come?Within the next few weeks the AFL tribunal will submit a guilty finding against the players and then proceed to evaluate the penalties. Once the penalties are handed down, I expect that there will be two appeals. one from the players and the other from ASADA. from the players because they will maintain their innocence and from ASADA because the penalties are not harsh enough.After the appeals are heard then there will be the referral to CAS by WADA if the penalties are not satisfactory in their view.After the players are dealt with them attention will turn to the club and possible penalties that may be levied against them. As I understand it, this may well be taken out of the hands of the AFL and referred directly to CAS via WADA. The club may be sanctioned as a whole because of the structure of the abuse.Short term outcome?In my opinion the players will be sentenced to 12/18months with WADA via a CAS appeal taking that to 24months.In the medium term, I think the club will be sanctioned via WADA/CAS and may have some difficulty maintaining it's very existence.Longer term I see Workcare looking at charges.Sorry BBO, I see this dragging on for quite a bit of time.

Spot on CHF. You have nailed it. Essendon are living in cookoo land.

• Like 1

Quote: "There had been speculation the Bombers were planning an unofficial practice match against the Seagulls, fielding their planned team for the opening round of the premiership season, while sending a second-tier team, including its top-up players to Morwell for the NAB Challenge.

But after discussions with club, the AFL insists it will not be a practise match, and only players from the 2012 list can be involved – ruling out the likes of Brendon Goddard."

Perhaps that is why 4 of the 2012 players were released yesterday to play in NAB games - to act as a smokescreen for the practice match in case of ASADA penalties. Even without them and Goddard it still looks like a practice match to me...hope ASADA is paying close attention!!!

Quote: "There had been speculation the Bombers were planning an unofficial practice match against the Seagulls, fielding their planned team for the opening round of the premiership season, while sending a second-tier team, including its top-up players to Morwell for the NAB Challenge.

But after discussions with club, the AFL insists it will not be a practise match, and only players from the 2012 list can be involved – ruling out the likes of Brendon Goddard."

Perhaps that is why 4 of the 2012 players were released yesterday to play in NAB games - to act as a smokescreen for the practice match in case of ASADA penalties. Even without them and Goddard it still looks like a practice match to me...hope ASADA is paying close attention!!!

I'm sure they will, i think even the fact they are training at the club while provisionally suspended will count against them, my opinion of provisional suspension is that it acts the same way, they shouldn't be involved in AFL footy in any capacity until they're cleared.

Essendon just don't understand how serious this matter is, and don't seem to care they're treating it like a joke.

• Like 1

Gee ...if essendon are just starting to feel the awkardness then they in for an almighty amount of disruption.

From:- http://www.sportsfan.com.au/bombers-at-risk-of-bigger-ban-kennelly/tabid/91/newsid/155548/default.aspx?cid=SKYNEWS_SPORTS_SF_bombersatriskofbiggerbankennelly_060315

Tadgh Kennelly

If Essendon’s recruitment of state league players for pre-season games is a success in tomorrow’s NAB Challenge clash with St Kilda, the Bombers could be setting themselves up for longer suspensions, says former Sydney Swan Tadhg Kennelly.

The Bombers will field a hastily recruited team of players from lower leagues for the club’s first official game of the year with ASADA’s penalties into the clubs ill-fated supplements program set to be announced in the next few weeks.

“It sets a precedence of what’s going to happen going into the season,” Kennelly said. “It could open up the gate for another 10 players to be drafted from VFL, SANFL.

• Like 1

So if these parasites are allowed to train, how fair is it for the first team they play against when the suspensions are lifted? They will be as fresh and fit as any team could possibly be- facing a team that does not have the same fresh legs. And what if that team that gets them first up is in touch of the 8 and it's a crucial match.

Damien Barrett is back.

From:- http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-03-06/so-much-for-solidarity-essendon

Solidarity. It's all the rage at Essendon on February 11, and out the window by March 5.

Solidarity. It's just a word Essendon chose to shout as it thumped its chest yet again, when it suited it.

Like another word. Truth. Remember that one? Hird told us way back when that when the truth came out, the club would be in a state that bordered heaven.

We've long been aware that we will never, ever, get the whole truth from anyone directly associated with this mess, but we're still waiting on your version of it, James.

Edited by ManDee

So if these parasites are allowed to train, how fair is it for the first team they play against when the suspensions are lifted? They will be as fresh and fit as any team could possibly be- facing a team that does not have the same fresh legs. And what if that team that gets them first up is in touch of the 8 and it's a crucial match.

SAS if they want to train let them, call it an AFL endorsed practice match. Penalty starts from then.

• Like 1

An interesting point. If players are suspended does ASADA/WADA rules allow them to play in the EFC VFL team?

SAS if they want to train let them, call it an AFL endorsed practice match. Penalty starts from then.

Essendon are doing everything possible to ensure ASADA can't view 'match simulation' games against a VFL club as a practice game. The AFL is fully complicit in this deception!

I just hope ASADA view this as a smolescreen and evidence of more unco-operativeness and refuse outright any plea for any backdating of penalties.

• Like 1