2014 GRAND FINAL GAME DAY

Whispering_Jack

Just woken up. Glad I didn't watch. even more boring than last year!

Not if you were supporting the Hawks.

It was just great could not happen to a bigger bunch of cheats

" It cost more to live in Sydney!" what a load of crap

I live in Sydney and the COLA is crap. The cost of a medium coffee here is $2.50, whereas it was $3.80 in Melbourne. Empirical evidence right there! Might taste like absolute garbage compared to Melbourne, but that's not the point...

Edited by Lamashtu

Not if you were supporting the Hawks.

It was just great could not happen to a bigger bunch of cheats

" It cost more to live in Sydney!" what a load of crap

If you follow the dees you hate Hawthorn with a passion. so boring to the n th degree!

• Like 1

Lake is the only player Hawthorn have got from free agency.

The difference between Hawthorn and Melbourne is their high draft picks have been stars.

Was going to post something similar but wanted to confirm Lake was their only free agent. Indeed it's true, you can't blame the success of the Hawks on free agency. They have a brilliant coach, brilliant culture, brilliant players, and that breeds strong development of their draftees and recruits.

Sadly though, free agency will keep them right at the top, because they'll replace any KPP with gold from the lowly clubs to stay at the top.

After watching 7 today I can only say the quicker FOX are allowed to telecast the GF the better.

I know the Adverts make the world go round but the number is astounding

Also when are we going to get over the need for an overseas star as entertainment.

Tom was ok but god knows how much he cost.

Spend the money on an aussie.

• Like 2

Was going to post something similar but wanted to confirm Lake was their only free agent. Indeed it's true, you can't blame the success of the Hawks on free agency. They have a brilliant coach, brilliant culture, brilliant players, and that breeds strong development of their draftees and recruits.

Sadly though, free agency will keep them right at the top, because they'll replace any KPP with gold from the lowly clubs to stay at the top.

Plus they lost Franklin to free agency.

• Like 2

Makes you feel frustrated... Since the fail merger... Hawks 3 flags , 4 gf....vs mfc 1 gf in2000

As a club we went around in circles & butchered our early draft picks & created crap culture!

I agree Hogan but lets forget the past and think 2015 on

We will go crazy looking back.

You better hope rjay doesn't read that.

(I agree btw)

Very, very average today but not on his own. I reckon only 3 and 1/2 players came to play today. Malceski by far their best player on the day, Kennedy worked hard, Buddy did his job and Goodes was the half, at least he did something with the ball. The rest might as well not have bothered, in fact they didn't.

Such a boring game of footy, Sydney got well ahead of themselves and forgot all about the defensive aspects of their game.

Plus they lost Franklin to free agency.

What I will say is they are riding this success off the priority pick that landed them Roughead. It shows that good drafting can get you up the ladder to sustained success.

We absolutely butchered our priority picks. I wish we'd had the chance to see what a PP under Roos could land us, but it's not to be in modern AFL, where the successful teams run the competition.

• Like 1

It pisses me off how Hawthorn barely even care they won it, if this was any other club they'd be going mad. Far out I hate Hawthorn.

We had great seats on tier 4 in row A and we were quite excited when Tom Jones belted out Delilah directly in front of us and when ONJ came on I was just about there. Unfortunately the contest was non-event and the game a dull affair. We left at 3 qtr time along with many others.

Who won the Norm Smith ?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.