Potential Trades [Warning: Reading this thread may self-destruct]

Dr evil

Paul Connors on AFL trade radio at the moment (Player manager for Dangerfield Ryder, Watts, Shiel etc).. Believes Adelaide won't entertain our picks for a Danger trade and Dylan Shiel not on the trade table and will be at GWS next year.

Paul Connors on AFL trade radio at the moment (Player manager for Dangerfield Ryder, Watts, Shiel etc).. Believes Adelaide won't entertain our picks for a Danger trade and Dylan Shiel not on the trade table and will be at GWS next year.

The problem with asking managers at this time of year is that they don't always know if players will be traded, it's up to the clubs to trade the players. I remember hearing Bernie Vince's manager deny he would be traded then a week later he was at Melbourne. Either the manager was lying or he just didn't know it would happen.

How could Adelaide make decisions like ignoring the prospect of picks 2 and 3 If they dont have a head coach in place

I suppose the reality is a lot of the selection process is undertaken by the recruitment people. A coach will add weight and such but its not altogether the coach's domain.

They do look a bit like a rudderless ship currently.

How could Adelaide make decisions like ignoring the prospect of picks 2 and 3 If they dont have a head coach in place

True.

They clearly would be very interested in our picks, despite what Connors said, if they believe he will leave next year.

They might feel they can convince him to stay, or Connors knows he doesn't want to come to us.

If they won't entertain picks 2 & 3 for Danger, than they won't entertain any trade.

This is the best trade they will get for him this year or next year when he becomes a free agent.

Unless they think some other club will offer up a super star in return, they are totally wasting their time.

No club will give up 1 superstar for another, unless both clubs are facing said superstar leaving as a free agent in the near future.

• Like 1

True.

They clearly would be very interested in our picks, despite what Connors said, if they believe he will leave next year.

They might feel they can convince him to stay, or Connors knows he doesn't want to come to us.

The latter. A lot easier to say we can't satisfy any trade with our currency than say his client doesn't want to come to us. Edited by Lamashtu
  • Like 1

The latter. A lot easier to say we can't satisfy any trade with our currency than say his client doesn't want to come to us.

That makes sense, as he manages players on our list and doesn't need to be seen to be putting us down.

the below is from a poster on a Richmond forum.

http://puntroadend.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=43559.6555

Heard today that Melbourne would be prepared to trade a few players.
The one that I thought might be interesting is 26yo Colin Garland.

Garland had some injuries in 2014 that restricted him to 14 games.
But, he's a good strong rebounding HB, with good disposal.
Though, we already have Grimes & Batchelor, who play similar roles.

The Melbourne Grimes, too, is up for trade, but I'm told his body is shot and his disposal is 'iffy' at best.

the below is from a poster on a Richmond forum.

http://puntroadend.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=43559.6555

Heard today that Melbourne would be prepared to trade a few players.

The one that I thought might be interesting is 26yo Colin Garland.

Garland had some injuries in 2014 that restricted him to 14 games.

But, he's a good strong rebounding HB, with good disposal.

Though, we already have Grimes & Batchelor, who play similar roles.

The Melbourne Grimes, too, is up for trade, but I'm told his body is shot and his disposal is 'iffy' at best.

Garland & good disposal. :lol::cool:

Yes an honest manager. Go figure! Wea re going hard with all guns blazing. Will we land one.... I reckon so!

Toumpas for O'Rourke straight swap.

Both players need a change of scenary.

Won't happen. Toumpas home sick. Only deal will be back home.

I can see us doing a deal with one of the teams who need a big forward. Probably bulldogs, Carlton or Richmond. We will send them pick 2 for a player and their first rounder. Then we can still get Brayshaw with pick 3.

Only problem is there isn't anybody there that we want?

On a side note, spoke to a few doggies mates Yesterday.The rumours are true. The senior players are filthy with the coach. Some of them really don't like him. Minson, Boyd, Cooney and a few others. I'm really surprised Boyd signed on again after what I heard. Maybe he thinks no one else would want him. Minson used a few choice words to the coach during his end of season review. I wont repeat them (use your imagination). Cooney was even told to find another club. I wonder what it would take for Cooney. Struggles with his body though but 14 or15 games a year could be handy for a couple of years. I'm sure crossy would know all this and maybe could be supplying a bit of info to roosy. We have treated our experienced players badly and I don't recommend it to other clubs.

Not saying we should trade for any of these guys but always keep an open mind. I don't believe their age brackets are really in roosy's normal MO but maybe the experienced players attitude can rub off on the next age group down. Jones seems to be a good example of this.

On a side note, spoke to a few doggies mates Yesterday.The rumours are true. The senior players are filthy with the coach. Some of them really don't like him. Minson, Boyd, Cooney and a few others. I'm really surprised Boyd signed on again after what I heard. Maybe he thinks no one else would want him. Minson used a few choice words to the coach during his end of season review. I wont repeat them (use your imagination). Cooney was even told to find another club. I wonder what it would take for Cooney. Struggles with his body though but 14 or15 games a year could be handy for a couple of years. I'm sure crossy would know all this and maybe could be supplying a bit of info to roosy. We have treated our experienced players badly and I don't recommend it to other clubs.

Not saying we should trade for any of these guys but always keep an open mind. I don't believe their age brackets are really in roosy's normal MO but maybe the experienced players attitude can rub off on the next age group down. Jones seems to be a good example of this.

If they want to give us Griffen I'll take him. He's the elite type of mid you would give up a top pick for.

It might be time to show a bit of faith in some of our younger players. Too many on here are dismissing some of our younger players too quickly.

Toumpas, JKH, Salem, Kent, Harmes, Hunt, King, Trengove, Barry, Fitzy, Gawn, Tyson can all improve. They need to be developed. Even Watts, if he can put on some weight and get into a boxing ring, might toughen up a bit. He clearly has the talent.

We also have Hogan to come into the side.

We are not a basket case and obviously a few more experienced players like Lumumba will help.

I see a future, but pre season and this trade and draft period will be very important to us.

• Like 6

That's true but I do know for a fact as I have a source close to Cooney, that he is over playing footy, and only doing it for the money untill his body lasts.

Yep have heard very very similar things. I think you will find Adam Cooney will be out of there. McCartney has just hung onto his job by the skin of his teeth.

If they want to give us Griffen I'll take him. He's the elite type of mid you would give up a top pick for.

Griffen and Libba for pick 2 & 3..... And then I wake up

Edited by Jaap Stam

I can see us doing a deal with one of the teams who need a big forward. Probably bulldogs, Carlton or Richmond. We will send them pick 2 for a player and their first rounder. Then we can still get Brayshaw with pick 3.

Can't see us going to the draft with our early picks and I hope we don't.