On good authority/ The "good" mail....

Darbsy

That all makes sense, but it implies that Arrow's source is unreliable because no player manager or player wishing to play their cards close to their chest would tell anyone for it to leak to Arrow.

I'm not suggesting Arrow's source is unreliable ...wait a second...OK.. I will suggest that there are so many "sources" that are quoted on here with diametrically opposed views that someones sources can't possibly be reliable. Even the media who you think ( sic - hope) would have good sources have him signed sealed and delivered at various stage to Geelong, Hawthorn and Collingwood.

There is one poster on here whose inside news has been pretty spot on the money as to the rest - I enjoy reading the rumours and take them as just that. Your presumption though that no player manager or player would leak is just that - a presumption. The trouble is that once you start to shop yourself you open yourself to interpretation. Apparently Chip has met with Selwood and Hawkins ( another rumour) - imagine them talking about their state of the art facilities and how money is no object to go and climb mountains in Alaska for preseason. Chip being a very smart individual would say " geez - so much different from my current mob - it would be great to play here" - Interpretation from Selwood and Hawkins - "he's ours, boys".

So much guff and nonsense goes on at this time of the year - better just to take it all in and not twist a bowel until it actually unfolds.

• Like 1

Ask Cam Smith what he thinks of it. He much prefers our system, I would much rather keep some degree of passion in the game despite the speculation. The only real passion in league is for State of Origin now because it can't be diluted, play around with our game and it would be a major mistake.

I truly vacillate on this one Rjay. I actually I like all the intrigue and machinations unless it is a valued player on our list that is the subject of the leaving rumours. Then I hate it.

As I said before, after being Scullified I have learned (with varying degrees of success) to unattach myself emotionally from any of our players falling out of contract who are not re-signing nice and early.

I truly vacillate on this one Rjay. I actually I like all the intrigue and machinations unless it is a valued player on our list that is the subject of the leaving rumours. Then I hate it.

As I said before, after being Scullified I have learned (with varying degrees of success) to unattach myself emotionally from any of our players falling out of contract who are not re-signing nice and early.

I tend to do or try to do the same but would really hate to see our team running out with someone who has made the announcement of moving next season. I would expect the club to not play that player.

I'm not suggesting Arrow's source is unreliable ...wait a second...OK.. I will suggest that there are so many "sources" that are quoted on here with diametrically opposed views that someones sources can't possibly be reliable. Even the media who you think ( sic - hope) would have good sources have him signed sealed and delivered at various stage to Geelong, Hawthorn and Collingwood.

There is one poster on here whose inside news has been pretty spot on the money as to the rest - I enjoy reading the rumours and take them as just that. Your presumption though that no player manager or player would leak is just that - a presumption. The trouble is that once you start to shop yourself you open yourself to interpretation. Apparently Chip has met with Selwood and Hawkins ( another rumour) - imagine them talking about their state of the art facilities and how money is no object to go and climb mountains in Alaska for preseason. Chip being a very smart individual would say " geez - so much different from my current mob - it would be great to play here" - Interpretation from Selwood and Hawkins - "he's ours, boys".

So much guff and nonsense goes on at this time of the year - better just to take it all in and not twist a bowel until it actually unfolds.

We are not in violent disagreement - quite the contrary. I wasn't saying you were suggesting Arrow's source was unreliable, just that it follows logically from your argument that if players and agents have reasons to keeps quiet that we should be suspicious of any 'sources'. Obviously there may be real leaks. I'm just presuming (as you say) that no agent/players are that incompetent. Perhaps not the wisest presumption but presumably true most of the time.

• Like 1

No sources are ever to be taken as fact. Franklin going to Sydney last year was the perfect example of how smoke and mirrors could take anyone, anywhere. I'm also not for a second suggesting to take what information I hear as fact, but this thread is 'good mail' and that's what I'm offering up, stuff I've heard from people who are in a position to actually know.
I have absolutely no idea where Frawley is going, but I've been told MFC have approached the AFL asking if he is offered x,y,z what is our likely compensation. Whether it's to plan to on-trade, or work out if Malceski or another free agent would water that down, I haven't the faintest clue, but we have made the approach.

Jaksch is the mail I'm most confident on, and believe he can add to the side. He was a pick 12, hasn't played much so I see his value holding around there if not a 20ish pick. If we can package him up with another good GWS mid for first pick (or compo) which will be in area of 2,3 or 4 I can't see how Carlton can beat that.

Two players I've also heard that Melbourne have spoken to manager's of are Darcy Byrne-Jones a young kid who just got drafted to Port this year (yet to play a game) and Tim Membrey from the Sydney Swans.

Not that it's incredibly relevant to this particular post but we all heard rumours that Tom Rockliff was tempted by Roos to come back to Melbourne for bulk cash. From the mouth of his manager they are absolutely rubbish and Tom would never play for Melbourne as he was told he'd 'certainly' be drafted by us if he was available at our last pick in the National Draft. We overlooked him, and than again in the Pre-Season after that and he said Tom, a country lad, holds a real grudge for us reneging on our word.

• Like 10

Whilst I trust you judgement on most things Saty, but you surely can't believe that even if Frawley had signed, he'd just tell you and tell him to keep it your secret from supporters and the coaching staff.

I'm not suggesting he's signed elsewhere, I'm just saying I don't think he has any interest in playing for us next year, no matter what is on the table at the end of year.

• Like 2

I played with chips best mate last year, he was traveling up to play etc.. anyways I remember last year he mentioned how disgruntled he was and number of clubs made contact to his manager one was including Gold Coast and Hawthorn. After the season finished he had brief meetings with them in regards to next year and what his plans for were and stuff..

Chip is as good as gone. He is also chasing cash aswell even though he has mentioned in the media it wasn't. Its a massive cop out.

Whether Frawley is going to leave or not I don't know, but I doubt an opinion based on how he felt about the club 12 months or so ago is necessarily any guide to how he might be feeling now. In that time we've added Paul Roos, a whole new development team, Dom Tyson, Christian Salem, JKH, etc and crucially, he's been playing in a team which has actually had a chance of winning most games in which it has played. That, in itself, would surely make playing today far more enjoyable than any time in at least the last 2 years and probably longer.

• Like 1

Frawley hasn't made a decision until he has personally told satyricon that he has made a decision, ok?

Why is it so hard for people to understand..?

Thats a pretty smart alec comment

• Like 1

Whether Frawley is going to leave or not I don't know, but I doubt an opinion based on how he felt about the club 12 months or so ago is necessarily any guide to how he might be feeling now. In that time we've added Paul Roos, a whole new development team, Dom Tyson, Christian Salem, JKH, etc and crucially, he's been playing in a team which has actually had a chance of winning most games in which it has played. That, in itself, would surely make playing today far more enjoyable than any time in at least the last 2 years and probably longer.

I'm surprised the whole team didnt want out at the end of 2013 season ( contracts not withstanding!)

• Like 1

Sorry Lamashtu - O'Keefe - was a great player - but not wanted for a week let alone a year at this stage.

Yep - Nicho for 2 high picks.

Yep Whitnall after Lars - I saw him play for Lalor about 6 or 7 years ago - the team ran out and he hobbled out behind them as big as Texas.

Re Nicho - that means 3 top picks for Blease?????

I'm surprised the whole team didnt want out at the end of 2013 season ( contracts not withstanding!)

Maybe players are more resilient than we give them credit for. Remember how one particular journalist swore black and blue red that there would be a mass walkout at another club because of the way the players were treated? Never happened.

• Like 1

yeah for real

If we didn't have a player exodus at the end of 2013 then we never will. Last year was dark as can be.

then after the dark came the light (PJ and Roos)

• Like 1

Frawley hasn't made a decision until he has personally told satyricon that he has made a decision, ok?

Why is it so hard for people to understand..?

I believe that the next comment Chip said to Saty after he told him he hadn't decided was....'now can you please stop hiding in my hedges until I come home? The police are getting tired of the extra work as well.'

said in another thread- good authority that Adam Tomlinson wants to be a Dee next year to play with his best mate Dom Tyson

Good authority that he wants to come home, so I've only got half the story.

• Like 1

Was mentioned on the footy show that Ryan O' Keefe still wants to play on next year and could be possibility and most likely be at another club.

Personally the success of Daniel Cross this year will be appealing to Roosy and co. It also showed that once Cross was out of the team it left a huge hole in our midfield in terms of leadership and experience.

His experience will be so valuable for our team.

• Like 3

Was mentioned on the footy show that Ryan O' Keefe still wants to play on next year and could be possibility and most likely be at another club.

Personally the success of Daniel Cross this year will be appealing to Roosy and co. It also showed that once Cross was out of the team it left a huge hole in our midfield in terms of leadership and experience.

He will be 34 when next season begins

Doubt he has much left in the tank, if anything

Wouldn't mind him sitting on a half forward flank, he's still playing pretty well in the reserves and his experience and cultural influence would be worth it alone.

1 year deal as a playing development coach

want to see a bloke who would rival Daniel cross for how hard he trains, Ryno is a seriously hard worker

• Like 1

ROK to MFC is as good as done if Sydney delist him. Can't see any other team that needs his leadership the way we do, maybe barring St Kilda.

Similar to Crossy. No other team was even interested due to their needs, and he was an absolute steal for us. Rest assured our fitness team will do their due diligence before signing him, as we did before we signed up Crossy. If he's "finished" like some claim, we won't sign him. But even 15 games would make him a worthy acquisition.

Edited by Lamashtu
  • Like 1

I like the idea of playing development coach. Even if he only plays as a depth player and we squeeze out 10-15 games. Lotsa knowledge in old Rhino. Would do wonders for Viney and the like.