GOODBYE MR. CHIP FRAWLEY

Frawley  

433 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think it's more about what players are 'advised' to do these days. I'm sure club loyalty is often there, but an agent comes in and advises on a business decision. That's what it is and footy careers are short, so eventually the business wins over the heart/loyalty.

Not for everyone.

Some players are capable of independent thought.

• Like 1

I love a good conspiracy theory but this one just makes no sense.

It was a sarcastic post to demonstrate the ridiculousness of Andrea Pirlo's theory (which was supported by beezlebub) that Frawley was being played forward because Roos thinks he's leaving.

• Like 1

It was a sarcastic post to demonstrate the ridiculousness of Andrea Pirlo's theory (which was supported by beezlebub) that Frawley was being played forward because Roos thinks he's leaving.

Frawley has been named at Fullback this week - it will be interesting if he plays there. I wonder if that means that Roos now thinks he is staying - I think Roos may have been coming around to him staying last week as he played in defense and a few weeks before I think Roos must have been totally unsure as he played 3 quarters forward and then switched with Dunn and played the last quarter back. (note this post is also dripping with sarcasm)

Edited by nutbean

Frawley has been named at Fullback this week - it will be interesting if he plays there. I wonder if that means that Roos now thinks he is staying - I think Roos may have been coming around to him staying last week as he played in defense and a few weeks before I think Roos must have been totally unsure as he played 3 quarters forward and then switched with Dunn and played the last quarter back. (note this post is also dripping with sarcasm)

I think Roos maintains his wanting to win every game and picks his best side to do so

• Like 3

Not for everyone.

Some players are capable of independent thought.

My point was more that their manager would suggest a detached business decision and the player would realise, 'they're right, my career is only so long - I'll bite the bullet'.

My point was more that their manager would suggest a detached business decision and the player would realise, 'they're right, my career is only so long - I'll bite the bullet'.

Pretty hard to engender a good culture as a club leader in the sheds if that's the underlying mentality.

• Like 1

The longer tonight's game goes the more dollars being added by the Hawks to their offer to Chip. They will be fairly desperate to not go into season 2015 with a 33 year old Lake and the mediocre Schoenmakers as their key defenders.

Garry Lyon was correct in identifying decision making in possession and disposal as being weaknesses for Chip.

He was incorrect to state that his ability as a defender to read the flight of the ball and to play on 'gorilla' key forwards were his only elite attributes.

It is his speed which trips up Lyon. Chip has the speed required to play on pacy mids and even smalls. There are not many defenders able to match up on the range of opponents that Frawley can. And that is an elite attribute.

I hope he stays and plays as a key defender.

• Like 1

How much is James Frawley worth?

and in the whole article he didn't even hazard a guess

with a headline like that he could get an job at women's day

I too was waiting for a number to appear.

Must have been ghost written by Chip's manager !!

I have a 'Stay or Go Meter', which measures the time Frawley spends forward or behind the centre line in every match.

My meter says after the Fremantle game he's staying.

• Like 1

If we offer him $650k doesn't that establish his worth? Has to be a first rounder surely.

Not if he knocks it back and signs with a contender for $400k.

Such is the inequality and loophole ridden nature of FA.

and the fact he is classified as an UFA (vs FA) is another loophole

though in the end i don't think it matters much

I have a 'Stay or Go Meter', which measures the time Frawley spends forward or behind the centre line in every match.

My meter says after the Fremantle game he's staying.

""

Roos added that James Frawley is set to spend greater time down back for the rest of 2014.

“He’ll probably play back a little bit more than forward in the seven games to go,” he said.

""

more power to your meter perhaps !!

""

Roos added that James Frawley is set to spend greater time down back for the rest of 2014.

“He’ll probably play back a little bit more than forward in the seven games to go,” he said.

""

more power to your meter perhaps !!

I see that as a good sign, I think early planning for potentially losing him was part of him being forward, now he's back so they may be more confident

Mentioned he's been in the B & F top 10 many times also. AA. International rep and so it goes on... Has to be a first rounder.

I realise the lure of finals and long term contract has some merit Red, although in this instance it could be a bit of a sucker play with several clubs approaching maturity stage of their cycle and I'm sure we could structurally match and exceed most their offers if its part of our plan. Only sensible likely suitors, Suns, Freo who have the prospects and the dough and we should force them to pay plenty. Collingwood a rough chance but not sure if they need him or have the chrispies.

His manager's played this like a fiddle.

First violinist for the New York Philharmonic in fact.

With Lake losing the plot, Frawley's worth as the only really high quality free agent has just clicked up another $100K.

Roos must really be hating last weekend.

• Like 1

His manager's played this like a fiddle.

First violinist for the New York Philharmonic in fact.

With Lake losing the plot, Frawley's worth as the only really high quality free agent has just clicked up another $100K.

Roos must really be hating last weekend.

Yep, Hawthorn might have laughed at his asking price a month ago. Somehow I think they'll have a very different tune today. Lake's days are well and truly numbered. If he stays on it'll be as a depth player and little more, if they secure Frawley.

I see that as a good sign, I think early planning for potentially losing him was part of him being forward, now he's back so they may be more confident

I think they should play him in the centre indicating that they are uncertain either way.

• Like 1

Dockett - his resume has bugger all to do with what compensation we will get. Most of the secret formula is based around the size of his contract, in both monetary terms and years of expected service.

We need to hope someone is willing to pay well over $500k a year for 4 years to get a sniff of a first rounder. Not many of the top clubs would be willing, or able, to pay much higher.

That article confirms just how important Frawley is to us, and also confirms why I have him in the Top 5 of our most important players. Yet some are satisfied with our backline without him. Astonishing.

• Like 1

Frawleys value re compo is based upon the his market worth going forward. i..e the length and remunerative value of the contract he's given. His CV as such will play no real part in it.

Frawley brings a quality to the backline but only when he's switched on otherwise at crucial times he can be just as much a liability as an asset. We've done ok and indeed improved our defence with and without him.

Going to be interesting observing Chip over the rest of the season. Only Roos and Chip seem to know what is really going on