Queens Birthday - Blockbuster Coming Soon

Grapeviney

Are people really crying about a 3:20 start time? Sometimes I can't tell if we're living in 2014 or the 50s.

The game will be finished by 6pm. What's the problem?

Considering it gets dark at about 5:00 - 5:30 it does make a difference (will be a half day game/half night match).

I will be there no matter what the time but I for one don't see why they can't make it a day game - I hate having night matches on the eve of busy/working week.

Instead of Channel 7 leading straight into the news they could actually try doing a post game show/talk for once - then I might actually consider watching it on TV.

Edited by Young Dee

Keep an eye on the Club website for news of activities before the game.

Also thought it would be great to see a massive amount of flags up and about before and during the game. Would be uplifting for the boys to hear our voices and see the flags waving. The Demon Army do such a great job but it would be even better if that effect was continued all around the ground. The other show of support would be for everyone to wear their scarves - a sea of red and blue.

Also noted on the Club website was that the first open training was on Saturday morning. Good to get the kids all down to watch training.

The Club's website has details of the activities at the MCG and also the "Walk". Let's hope for 80,000 for the boys and the coffers.

roos wants at least 80,000 there. I'd say we listen to roosy and give him what he wants in return for what he has done.

Must not upset the Roos. He must be kept happy at all times.

Edited by Maple Demon

Unfortunately, we won't get 80,000. A combination of the late start and poor weather will deter 10,000ish. I reckon we'll get 65,000-70,000.

Edited by AdamFarr

Unfortunately, we won't get 80,000. A combination of the late start and poor weather will deter 10,000ish. I reckon we'll get 65,000-70,000.

the weather is actually meant to be good. No rain and 16 degrees. But a good crowd would be nice. At least this year there is a positive build up to it. The club even held an open media day today for all journos.

We all would be ecstatic with 80,000 but 70,000 - when was the last time in the last couple of years that the Club could lay claim to attracting that many. Personally I would be very happy with 70000+. Without rain anything could happen.

• Like 1

68,000 + was a pretty good result considering where we are on the ladder. I'm sure AFL HQ would be happy.

More importantly, the red and blue contingent was strong, seemed like we had the entire northern side of the ground.

We'll be drawing 80k to this game in the coming years.

• 11 months later...

Bump

Coupled with the Richmond win on Friday night, we're finally playing footy befitting of the big stage.

Good pressure and intensity, and - for some of the time - exciting and attacking.

Nice to hear all the panel shows talking about what a great contest it was, with some labelling it the game of the round. Caro in particular said that Adelaide's call for a QB fixture was wishful thinking in the face of the success of the Melb v Collingwood game.

A couple thousand less than last year (66,000), but if we can bring some good form going into future contests, this will be one of the big games of the year with more than 80k in attendance.

• Like 2

Hopefully when the Essendon game comes around we'll still be doing pretty ok and the Dees fans will turn out. We need more experience in front of large, loud crowds.

I felt the crowd was good, the turnout from the Dees fans was pretty up there with previous years. As we (hopefully) continue to improve more of the fence sitters will start to come again, especially if we've got exciting young players like Brayshaw and Hogan lighting up the G.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.