Offseason predictions

InVINCEable

Just a little bit of fun, no need for anyone to get mad, but just comment players you think we'll get

I think a lot depends on Mr J. Frawley. If he decides to make a change then we'll need to go hunting for another key back with swing potential. We could then be targeting Goddard over Brayshaw in the draft, and we'd probably have access to both with a fairly early pick (assuming that we have a terrible back half to the season causing Frawley to leave). I can't see us recruiting a suitable replacement, so it would have to be through the draft. Daniel Talia maybe? Not sold on him but he could be gettable as a more mature alternative.

I would love to see us make a big play for Treloar from GWS. He looks like he could win a brownlow in a decent team, but he's wasting his time up there in the Great Wast of Space.

Dangermouse of course. If he gives even a hint of wanting to leave Adelaide every club in Victoria will go after him. I don't think he will leave them, but if he does he'll be getting offers of a million plus I suspect.

I also have a suspicion that Kieran Harper could be up for grabs. He's struggling at North and I know a lot of people really rated him in his draft year. Could be a reasonably cheap trade for a young HF/mid. He's a good size and would fit in with the Roos theme of solid, good-sized players who can run in the midfield and kick goals.

I wouldn't mind us having a look at Chris Cain as well, although I suspect he's now a little past the age we're going to be looking for. Ben Brown could also be worth a look as well. Similar to Max King, possibly a bit more advanced. He's 2m tall and moves really well. Would need to learn to impose himself in the air a bit more to play as forward/ruck, which is about what he's doing for Werribee at the moment.

I don't see us chasing more veterans at this point. Byrnes will retire, we'll still have Cross and Vince as senior players, so that base is covered for the moment. I know there is talk about Mundy, but I don't really think we'll go there. It's a short-term solution and he'd be better value in an established team.

I think a lot depends on Mr J. Frawley. If he decides to make a change then we'll need to go hunting for another key back with swing potential. We could then be targeting Goddard over Brayshaw in the draft, and we'd probably have access to both with a fairly early pick (assuming that we have a terrible back half to the season causing Frawley to leave). I can't see us recruiting a suitable replacement, so it would have to be through the draft. Daniel Talia maybe? Not sold on him but he could be gettable as a more mature alternative.

I would love to see us make a big play for Treloar from GWS. He looks like he could win a brownlow in a decent team, but he's wasting his time up there in the Great Wast of Space.

Dangermouse of course. If he gives even a hint of wanting to leave Adelaide every club in Victoria will go after him. I don't think he will leave them, but if he does he'll be getting offers of a million plus I suspect.

I also have a suspicion that Kieran Harper could be up for grabs. He's struggling at North and I know a lot of people really rated him in his draft year. Could be a reasonably cheap trade for a young HF/mid. He's a good size and would fit in with the Roos theme of solid, good-sized players who can run in the midfield and kick goals.

I wouldn't mind us having a look at Chris Cain as well, although I suspect he's now a little past the age we're going to be looking for. Ben Brown could also be worth a look as well. Similar to Max King, possibly a bit more advanced. He's 2m tall and moves really well. Would need to learn to impose himself in the air a bit more to play as forward/ruck, which is about what he's doing for Werribee at the moment.

I don't see us chasing more veterans at this point. Byrnes will retire, we'll still have Cross and Vince as senior players, so that base is covered for the moment. I know there is talk about Mundy, but I don't really think we'll go there. It's a short-term solution and he'd be better value in an established team.

I think Ben Brown got drafted by North. and I doubt he'd be pushed out in his first year.

At least 1 Sydney swans player @ 2 GWS giants

Go on. Who are the two GWS players you think we'll go after and nab?

I like this thread, BTW.

• Like 1

Hopefully Luke parker, Adam treloar, Jeremy cameron

Haha, if we got those three, we'll be playing finals next season. I hope you're right, mate. ;)

It'll be interesting to see just how much pull Roos has. I think him signing on for only two or three years could hamper some prospective players from choosing Melbourne though. If he didn't keep flagging this successor plan, I think there'd ironically be more stability. I know what he's trying to do, but it wouldn't make me pick Melbourne.

Edited by AdamFarr

It'll be interesting to see just how much pull Roos has. I think him signing on for two or three years could hamper some prospects from choosing Melbourne though.

spot on, don't think the pull power will be as strong when he says to the player I'm here for another 2 years and then I'm heading off to behind the scenes role

spot on, don't think the pull power will be as strong when he says to the player I'm here for another 2 years and then I'm heading off to behind the scenes role

Yeah, I agree. I still think he'll continue past the three years as senior coach. I think he's trying to keep the club in check and leave himself a plan B if it goes pear-shaped, but I guess what I'm saying is that it's not working as well as it could. Still, I'm glad we have him for now.

Luke Parker , Brandon Jack , Cunnigham Patton , Bugg , Buntie

Are you saying we'll get six players? I think we might be able to land three players at most. There's no way we'd get Luke Park and Jack.

Luke Parker , Brandon Jack , Cunnigham Patton , Bugg , Buntie

Gary rohan aint getting a game.

Although i wouldnt think we needed him.

GWS.tomlinson/bugg

Go on. Who are the two GWS players you think we'll go after and nab?

I like this thread, BTW.

I'm honored AF

• Like 1

Tommy Mitchell, after tonight it'll be really hard for him to crack into the side considering he couldn't do it last week after cracking 60+ disposals, be a bit like Josh Kennedy (Sydney) leaving Hawthorn

Our first round draft pick for Mitchell and their first round pick? or second round?

Is Gary Rohan another version of a Bleese ?

No garry was better than that.

But this broken leg he had,it inhibits the turning and twisting,and for garry that was his bread and butter.

Was just starting to be his best before the accident,to bad for him as we have been friends and sporting team mates with the family for over 20 years.

My thoughts were,with sydney well into buddy/tippet and less money in their bank,maybe garry would be traded and cheaply.

Just a great kid from a great family,also played all his footy back until drafted.

• Like 1