Casey Scorpions v Werribee

o

pretty excited to know we have Gawn, Garland and Kent ready to bolster the side

All 3 comfortably in my best 22

Gawn will be a star

I don't think we should jump the gun with Gawn - could be anything and could be nothing

pretty excited to know we have Gawn, Garland and Kent ready to bolster the side

All 3 comfortably in my best 22

Gawn will be a star

I don't think we should jump the gun with Gawn - could be anything and could be nothing

He's got to be able to stay on the park long enough to be something.

When he was drafted I said 'see you in 6 years' to the groans of many...

He has time but it is running out, he needs some luck and some form.

I guess we will find out soon enough whether Roos and co. rate him.

Edited by rpfc

He's got to be able to stay on the park long enough to be something.

When he was drafted I said 'see you in 6 years' to the groans of many...

He has time but it is running out, he needs some luck and some form.

I guess we will find out soon enough whether Roos and co. rate him.

...and that's the problem. If he gets a good run at it then it's a good chance he will make it but so far he hasn't been able to.

Agree, definitely one that needs to stay fit. If he does, a man of his height and weight switching through ruck and forward will be pretty hard to stop. His height advantage is a huge positive to give our mids first use. We've already seen the difference it makes having Jamar come in for Spencer who literally cannot tap to the advantage of our mids, not mark the ball, nor kick.

Imagine if Spencer was at the fall of the ball when Watts had that shot late in the last to help seal the win? Jamar's worth to the side was shown in that moment. An actual ruckman. I hope to god him and Gawn stay fit, I never want to see Spencer again, try as he might.

I hope Gawn comes in this week. He and Jamar need to smash Minson and be able to go forward and kick a couple.

Agree, definitely one that needs to stay fit. If he does, a man of his height and weight switching through ruck and forward will be pretty hard to stop. His height advantage is a huge positive to give our mids first use. We've already seen the difference it makes having Jamar come in for Spencer who literally cannot tap to the advantage of our mids, not mark the ball, nor kick.

Imagine if Spencer was at the fall of the ball when Watts had that shot late in the last to help seal the win? Jamar's worth to the side was shown in that moment. An actual ruckman. I hope to god him and Gawn stay fit, I never want to see Spencer again, try as he might.

I hope Gawn comes in this week. He and Jamar need to smash Minson and be able to go forward and kick a couple.

I have never thought Spencer was AFL quality - to my surprise he has built a bit of a following this year. Yes he gives it 100% but just lacks the class to be an AFL player.

Edit: .... I did say the same about Pederson - however I still expect Pederson to be pushed out of the team (once you put Frawley and Garland in the backline Pederson and Georgiou will become depth)

Edited by Young Dee

bit lucky id say, probably the only contested mark he has taken in the last two weeks. Spencer will apply much more pressure around the ground and at stoppages than Jamar, but neither have much presence with ball in hand. The only reason Jamar is ahead of spencer is due to the fact his ruck work is better. I would have spencer higher in basically every other aspect of the game other than the most important and that is ruckwork.

bit lucky id say, probably the only contested mark he has taken in the last two weeks. Spencer will apply much more pressure around the ground and at stoppages than Jamar, but neither have much presence with ball in hand. The only reason Jamar is ahead of spencer is due to the fact his ruck work is better. I would have spencer higher in basically every other aspect of the game other than the most important and that is ruckwork.

Lucky? It's the difference between having a ruckman who can read the ball well, position himself well, and clunk the mark. He's played two games, I'm not bothered that he hasn't taken many contested grabs yet. He provides a hell of a lot more in an aerial contest than Spencer and we all know he can take a contested mark as well as kick a goal. Something Spencer cannot do.

As for pressure, I agree Spencer's efforts within a contested situation are admirable for a big man, but this is the AFL and as we've seen with someone like McKenzie, you need to be able to provide more than just being able to tackle and pressure an opponent. Especially if you're a ruckman..

Spencer - has Jamar covered for pressure acts when the ball is in his area and perhaps speed.

Jamar - has Spencer covered in every other aspect of the game. Goal kicking. Marking. Ruck work. Footy smarts. Leadership. Direction.

• Like 1

Lucky? It's the difference between having a ruckman who can read the ball well, position himself well, and clunk the mark. He's played two games, I'm not bothered that he hasn't taken many contested grabs yet. He provides a hell of a lot more in an aerial contest than Spencer and we all know he can take a contested mark as well as kick a goal. Something Spencer cannot do.

As for pressure, I agree Spencer's efforts within a contested situation are admirable for a big man, but this is the AFL and as we've seen with someone like McKenzie, you need to be able to provide more than just being able to tackle and pressure an opponent. Especially if you're a ruckman..

Spencer - has Jamar covered for pressure acts when the ball is in his area and perhaps speed.

Jamar - has Spencer covered in every other aspect of the game. Goal kicking. Marking. Ruck work. Footy smarts. Leadership. Direction.

i agree that spencer wasnt able to take many contested marks, but he did get his hands on the footy and was often creating a contest when the ball was in the air.

i think both are negligible in terms of output around the ground, as neither are going to take a big mark. I think you undersell Spencers goal kicking ability, there were several games at casey last year where he proved his ability to hit the scoreboard.

i will agree that he is able to ruck, lead and direct better than spencer, but i still feel that around the ground, marking, contesting and especially after the ruck contest spencer puts us at an advantage.

This doesnt mean i will have him ahead of Jamar, but this is only due to ruckwork at this stage, but once spencer is able to start increasing his hit outs to advantage, he is a better option to Jamar.

that being said, a fit Max Gawn is our ruckman of the future.

You are just full of it.

I knew if people gave you enough rope you would hang yourself.

Welsh coached us last year. 2 years ago it was Brett Lovett.

Like you I remember someone making a post last year on this topic. Unlike you, I am not taking a memory of someone else and acting like it was mine....

so it was last year then? I was wondering that when I typed it, but didn't feel it necessary to check the records as my word is honest.

you on the other-hand are too skeptical.

I'm surprised to see this level, of not wanting to here truths for some reason?

any way it means little because if you don't want to here peoples truths, then its not worth bothering myself over. when people go out of their way to try to provide some honesty, they would hope to at least get the respect due for that effort.

sadly this is a reflection of a time in our worlds, where honesty is not common, & distrust runs rife. the truth is there for anyone who wants to read it

it isn't me that's been shown up rod grinter riot squad, its your motives for wanting to shut people up. I was there, saw him & heard him say the words.

• Like 2

so it was last year then? I was wondering that when I typed it, but didn't feel it necessary to check the records as my word is honest.

any way it means little because if you don't want to here peoples truths, then its not worth bothering myself over. when people go out of their way to try to provide some honesty, they would hope to at least get the respect due for that effort.

sadly this is a reflection of a time in our worlds, where honesty is not common, & distrust runs rife. the truth is there for anyone who wants to read it

it isn't me that's been shown up rod grinter riot squad, its your motives for wanting to shut people up. I was there, saw him & heard him say the words.

dee-luded would you expect any less from him?

I have never thought Spencer was AFL quality - to my surprise he has built a bit of a following this year. Yes he gives it 100% but just lacks the class to be an AFL player.

Edit: .... I did say the same about Pederson - however I still expect Pederson to be pushed out of the team (once you put Frawley and Garland in the backline Pederson and Georgiou will become depth)

thats the trap for people, judging big ruckmen before they 'arrive'...

I made the same mistake over & over about 10 years ago until I wondered what I was missing generally, (underestimating norths rucks in the VFL as uncoordinated spuds)

I thought to myself, why am I getting the big blokes wrong? I started to realise & believe in the old 'giraffes take a while', to believe & grow. even the the really bad Unco's.

Am happy for people to pass on first hand information. I went to quite a few Casey games last year and heard nothing that sounded even close to your claims, you were asked to back up some claims that are a pretty foul attack on the Casey coach, you fobbed it off about how it was a few years ago. You were challenged to back up your claims but got caught out.

If you were there and heard the words, you would know if it was last season or the one before.

I am happy for people to tell us about what they witnessed, I can't stand those who use second hand information from confidential sources to assassinate a persons character. If you want to make false claims and get hysterical about them, join your mate on Dawi'ology.

dee-luded would you expect any less from him?

I actually never read too much into RGRS before just reading his posts on face value but I don't take much notice of peoples bitching amongst themselves, just skimming past those type posts. unless they are directed at me.

so no, I didn't realise.

Am happy for people to pass on first hand information. I went to quite a few Casey games last year and heard nothing that sounded even close to your claims, you were asked to back up some claims that are a pretty foul attack on the Casey coach, you fobbed it off about how it was a few years ago. You were challenged to back up your claims but got caught out.

If you were there and heard the words, you would know if it was last season or the one before.

I am happy for people to tell us about what they witnessed, I can't stand those who use second hand information from confidential sources to assassinate a persons character. If you want to make false claims and get hysterical about them, join your mate on Dawi'ology.

Why would you hear it, when it wasn't said in the huddle, but when they were walking out onto the ground somewhere near the boundary line. to a player I think if memory serves correct. it must have been.

I went straight to the huddle, to listen to what was being said, and no doubt to here the coaches words, & to offer encouragement to some players.

last season I've had trouble working thru other issues for the last few years, unable to remember names 2 hours after hearing them. trying to recover d=from a seroious illness & under great stress.

so my visualisation recall of these type of non issues is weak over the last couple of years, & with interest waning, not revisiting them often allows them to ebb to the back of mind.

however getting better with therapy support & some 'old friend anti depressants helping'.

if I was at my best, than I would almost be abler to tell you what he was wearing & who the player was. not now.

• Like 1

This is a definition of a 'Credible Witness'.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Credible+witness

I dare say that based on your self confessed inability to correctly remember details, the date of when it happened and many other things, you are not a credible witness, deeluded.

Added to that is the sheer unlikeliness of such a thing occurring, much less in front of a crowd of people specifically listening to you, including coaches, players and officials directly linked the the MFC senior coach, leads me to believe that this did not happen. I'm not directly saying you are a liar, but while you may believe you heard something, I would be fairly confident that it was not a correct interpretation of what actually happened.

Why would you hear it, when it wasn't said in the huddle, but when they were walking out onto the ground somewhere near the boundary line. to a player I think if memory serves correct. it must have been.

I went straight to the huddle, to listen to what was being said, and no doubt to here the coaches words, & to offer encouragement to some players.

last season I've had trouble working thru other issues for the last few years, unable to remember names 2 hours after hearing them. trying to recover d=from a seroious illness & under great stress.

so my visualisation recall of these type of non issues is weak over the last couple of years, & with interest waning, not revisiting them often allows them to ebb to the back of mind.

however getting better with therapy support & some 'old friend anti depressants helping'.

if I was at my best, than I would almost be abler to tell you what he was wearing & who the player was. not now.

Don't think you made that big a deal of this either dee-luded, you were simply passing on some information as you saw fit, you could of kept it to yourself but thought it would be good to pass on info, Weather you may of misheard or not you decided you would share it. Good on you mate.

As you have learnt first hand there are certain people on here that love to bignote themselves, and love to correct people when they "think" they are wrong. Good luck with that, but most people just skim over these people anyway.

Anyway back on track..... Surely Gawn will be in line for a call up soon with his performance on the weekend. I really hope Riley gets up as well, hes a hard at it inside mid and has been building in the VFL

Anyway back on track..... Surely Gawn will be in line for a call up soon with his performance on the weekend. I really hope Riley gets up as well, hes a hard at it inside mid and has been building in the VFL

I think he definitely will be considered if Frawley doesn't pull up (misson says he is 50/50 - so like Hogan I guess that means indefinite).

Jamar and Gawn could alternate up forward with Jamar rucking 60-70%. We have yet to see Gawn really make his mark in the forward line (needs to use his height) - Jamar can kick a goal.

I think its important to have at least a couple big forwards to even the load (Dawes).

I think he definitely will be considered if Frawley doesn't pull up (misson says he is 50/50 - so like Hogan I guess that means indefinite).

Jamar and Gawn could alternate up forward with Jamar rucking 60-70%. We have yet to see Gawn really make his mark in the forward line (needs to use his height) - Jamar can kick a goal.

I think its important to have at least a couple big forwards to even the load (Dawes).

Agree, he really needs to get some upper body strength, but I know that is hard with bigger players due to their size and the pressure it puts on their lower joints, if he can try and build some strength through there this will help immensely. Also with the way we deliver into our forward line from time to time, gives us a tall target to bomb to

James Frawley (toe) – test

Jesse Hogan (back) – indefinite

James Harmes (lung) – 1 week

Max King (shin) – 4-6 weeks

Viv Michie (jaw) – available

Jake Spencer (ankle) – 3 weeks

Jack Trengove (foot) – season

Jack Watts (back) – test

good to hear Harmes is only one week away - I see something in that kid

James Frawley (toe) – test

Jesse Hogan (back) – indefinite

James Harmes (lung) – 1 week

Max King (shin) – 4-6 weeks

Viv Michie (jaw) – available

Jake Spencer (ankle) – 3 weeks

Jack Trengove (foot) – season

Jack Watts (back) – test

good to hear Harmes is only one week away - I see something in that kid

Haven't seen him play at all, hes a half back type yeah?

Haven't seen him play at all, hes a half back type yeah?

Actually played as a midfielder in his juniors - so I expect thats where they see him but he does seem versatile.

Attacks the ball hard and has some speed.

• Like 1