Seeing what Paul Roos has achieved with Pederson and Jetta, maybe we should of also rookies Sellar to give us a further developed tall option?

• Like 2

Pedo would go close to most improved in the comp at the moment let alone our team. Some of his grabs and tackles yesterday were at critical times and were inspirational. He plays with confidence now , something he was devoid of last year! Well done Pedo.

• Like 1

Both surprised and delighted. Apart from his size and marking ability, it is his hard work, two way running and tackling that stand out at the moment. He is not getting a heap of the ball but I acknowledge with admiration his work rate that allows the team to move the ball into spaces and set up play. This team mentality of his is allows us to defend space, and to make space forward. His defensive running is the highlight for me. He reads the play and gets back quickly. Probably leading the coach's award this season.

• Like 4

Pedo is now HOLDING his marks. Thus confidence builds and he is going for the ball more.

He wants the contest. Last year he was second guessing.

He has found his mojo.

Great to watch. It all started in that NAB Cup game where he ran himself to exhaustion.

Roosy would have been impressed. So he backed him.

Was chatting to Melbourne supporters at a party last night and we all agreed that a month ago Pederson just made us groan in anger, and now he's everyone's new favourite underdog.

I would literally sit at games and complain that he's terrible and to [censored] him off. Now I'm all "Pederson for Brownlow". Roos sure knows how to turn average players into very good team contributors.

• Like 1

Was chatting to Melbourne supporters at a party last night and we all agreed that a month ago Pederson just made us groan in anger, and now he's everyone's new favourite underdog.

I would literally sit at games and complain that he's terrible and to [censored] him off. Now I'm all "Pederson for Brownlow". Roos sure knows how to turn average players into very good team contributors.

Or it just took you a while to realise...

• Like 1

agree jaded, but I think its even more than that. I think he Roos builds, sorry creates an environment where no big heads thrive & shade out others, who are trying to grow.

the Hollywood arcade thing is swept away, & humans trying their best to play AFL take over. supporting one another & expecting real effort from the same values. all should be equals, with respect & humility, an environment of success is put in place.

Edited by dee-luded

Banner or not, loved how he has been able to turn his fortunes around. Has gone from being a whipping boy to starting 22 (and good on him too!!!).

Hope he keeps it up, amazing what confidence can do. I'd love to see him use his big body a little bit more. In no way a detraction, but someone of his size could really impact the game physically, not recklessly, but positively to advantage the team. Similar to how Dawes goes about it (minus the forearms).

Took some good grabs today as well as his tackling and pressure. Excellent stuff from the big man. Meanwhile, how's Gysberts going?................Came out on top in that trade!

He floats across the pack for his marks; someone mentioned yesterday at the game he marks like Royce Hart used to, not suggesting he is anywhere as good but he certainly seems to have good judgement when flying for the ball.

He does a lot of little things too, some of the knock ons, shepherds and blocks are great, he's improved markedly this year and instead of playing out his contract at Casey he may be looking at an extension.

BTW I guess the trade, in the end, was Mclean for Pedo.

Edited by RobbieF
  • Like 1

He floats across the pack for his marks; someone mentioned yesterday at the game he marks like Royce Hart used to, not suggesting he is anywhere as good but he certainly seems to have good judgement when flying for the ball.

He does a lot of little things too, some of the knock ons, shepherds and blocks are great, he's improved markedly this year and instead of playing out his contract at Casey he may be looking at an extension.

BTW I guess the trade, in the end, was Mclean for Pedo.

Robbie was it not Gysberts for Pedersen?

Is Pedersen the Leigh-Brown-type every team was looking for a couple of years ago?

I think they compare favourably now.

You might be on the money Machsy.

I canned him last year but has been one of a few big improvers over the last month.

I could not believe what I saw from him yesterday.

Hope it continues.

Is Pedersen the Leigh-Brown-type every team was looking for a couple of years ago?

I think they compare favourably now.

Great observation Machsy. Very similar build, very similar impact. Pedo is probably a few cm shorter than Brown, but his efforts in the ruck are pretty serviceable anyway, I think. I reckon he plays a bit like Jarryd Roughhead when in the middle of the ground too, like a huge midfielder.

Robbie was it not Gysberts for Pedersen?

I'm thinking we picked Gysberts with the pick we got for McLean.

McLean to Carlton for the pick that got us Gysberts (11).

Gysberts and a swap of 2nd rounders to North that got us Pedersen.

Swap of Pick in the 70s and in the 50s IIRC.

We had to give the pick in the 50s to get the deal done...

Seems a good swap now for us - I used to think it was a nothing trade.

• Like 2

McLean to Carlton for the pick that got us Gysberts (11).

Gysberts and a swap of 2nd rounders to North that got us Pedersen.

May yet go down as Neeld's greatest contribution.

Swap of Pick in the 70s and in the 50s IIRC.

We had to give the pick in the 50s to get the deal done...

Seems a good swap now for us - I used to think it was a nothing trade.

You are not Robinson Crusoe rpfc

Well if we're going to do that, then it's pick 5 for Pedersen, isn't it?

We had a new car that now had a few miles on the clock and it was starting to cost us money for repairs, so we traded it in for another new car but found we didn't like the new car, so we on traded for a new, second hand car which needed some work but ultimately has proven to be better value than the first new car and the replacement new car.

• Like 1