Viv Michie

stevethemanjordan

Seen him play for Peel and rate the kid, he would be break into a lot of midfields in the league but Freo's midfield is hard to get into, would be a good pick up for the right price.

Oh to have a mid field that a decent player struggles to get into!

• Like 1

Deal with us is about to be signed! Within next couple of days.

Source is a family member

Cheers dbj. Hopefully today's the day!

Reckon he could be useful at half forward and rotating through the middle and wing, he seems to have an ok inside game to go with his outside run.

As I said, ideally I'd love for this trade to be done early in exchange for Jetta and maybe a swap of 4th round picks.

Don't want to trade our 3rd rounder as I'm really keen for us to land Cameron Giles with that pick and I doubt he'll still be there by the time our 4th rounder comes along.

• Like 1

I didn't think anyone wanted to be at the Saints right now, including their own players.

Yeah but the only place a player wants to be less is Melbourne (and GWS). Dyl Roberton left Freo and looked great at St Kilda as well, those kind of things influence team mates. Personally I think we should be able to sell Michie on a locked up spot in our best 22 and Paul Roos and some stability where as the saints could have a new coach before Michie is even signed his contract.

Also I know he was an Oakleigh kid and Wesley boy so I presume his family is suburban Eastern suburbs in which case training and living close to AAMI park with the odd trip to Casey sounds better than training at Seaford regularly.

It beggars disbelief that anyone would actually go to the Ainters just now. They are seriously about 5 mins from their demise. We'll wave hello as we climb over them. roos cast his learned eye over us and decided we weren't that bad. Most would cast their eyes over the Saints and suggest they aren't that good !!

Their fabric is torn and ripping.

Still, what is, is. If players dont want to come , thats life. Those that do will enjoy the ride up.

I didn't think anyone wanted to be at the Saints right now, including their own players.

Delaney from North does, and will. It isn't necessarily about success for all players, it's about opportunity too.

Michie will go to the Saints, or Blues.

Exactly.

I wouldn't go to the Blues for opportunity as a pure mid.

They are already stocked in that regard and have just injected Dale Thomas with no loss.

And anyone that thinks St Kilda is a more attractive destination than MFC has rocks in their head.

The club was forced to deny the coach was due to be sacked after a "joke" at a function last week!

Things are not ok in their footy dept, and they are on the way down still.

The only attractive thing about them is opportunity if you're a KPP.

They have opportunities in the middle, but Hayes & Montagna are on their last legs, and beyond Jack Steven and David Armitage they have very little.

We are set for KPP.

We have many opportunities in the midfield, but you'll still get to play with super young talent like Viney & Toumpas, and decent vets Jones & Trengove.

It's only the mess of a football dept that I see being a detractor, and with Roos now in charge, it shouldn't be an issue.

• Like 2

Seen him play a fair few times in the last two years. As soon as it came out that he wanted a move I was keen on him coming to the dees. He's one of those players who looks a real cut above at State level (unlike a magner type). He's very poised with the footy and Peel at times this year played him off Half-Back on top of him getting forward and kicking goals this year (in a pretty average side this year). Basically he's a well balanced player who's versatile.

Despite the knee issues (thought it was a PCL?) definitely worth going after, would easily be apart of our best 22

Don't know about your source, it's been announced on perth radio he's keen to get to St.Kilda

afl.com saying he's deciding between us or staying with the Dockers.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-08/trade-wrap-tuesday

"Fremantle midfielder Viv Michie has returned to Victoria to weigh up his future, with offers understood to be on the table from the Dockers and Melbourne.

Michie, who was recruited with pick No.44 in the 2010 NAB AFL Draft, has only played one game in three seasons because of persistent foot injuries.

He finally overcame his injury issues in 2013 and averaged 26 disposals in 16 games with WAFL club Peel Thunder, winning the best and fairest award.

St Kilda had shown interest in the 21-year-old, but AFL.com.au understands his decision will be between the Demons and Fremantle, which is keen to retain the on-baller."

Come on over to the Dees Viv! Can see him on a wing or at half forward rotating through the midfield.

if hes coming home...he's ours Id think.

Has Roos whispered well !!! :o

Never seen him in person but the footage and reports have him looking and sounding like one of those solid well rounded ball winners that we are screaming out for.

• Like 1

Promising news I hope it's accurate. Sylvia leaving to take Michie's spot in the Freo best 22 should be the card we play to convince him Freo wont give him the opportunities he needs right now.

As for the trade I'd say our third round pick - 40 ish. But it looks like Freo could be in the race for Elliot Yeo more than they let on but can't match West Coast second round pick, if we swap second round picks we put them in that race.

Could be an opportunity for us to trade our second and fourth round picks for Freo's second and third round picks and Michie. Ie. pick 21 and 60 for Michie and pick 33 and 55 or whatever it will be. That would allow us to pick Michie up and get our 4th pick in the draft within top 60 range. Considering everyone is saying this is a shallow draft it might be worth downgrading a touch early to get the later picks in and keep our third rounder. Of course if we end up trading pick 2 we probably want to keep the second round pick as low as possible as it will be more important to get one of the best quality young guys.

• Like 1

Viv Michie a ceratinty to come to the MFC

Great get for the club

Will bolster the midfield immediately, the boy can play and not in a plodding non impactful Matt Jones way, Michie will influence gamea and help make us better

• Like 1