Alan Stockdale wants to be President

Chopper Lovell

The prospect of In-fighting at this time leaves me numb with disbelief.

Yep. Makes me sick in the gut. Again........

When will this club be strong and united again?????

Maybe we do need complete outside help. But we do need strong, passionate Demon supporting leaders at this club somewhere..... and they need to support Jacksons 'clean up'.

Agree bb59 just thought it interesting is all.

'Possibly', it might say something about how united they are or are not about the Jackson (AFL) way?

I thought (and still think) Jackson is quite neutral but who really knows the AFL's agenda?

I think the AFLs agenda is ridiculously simple. Get Melbourne working properly again , set it up for success , fill up the tank and off we go.

An AFL comp with a healthy competitive ( successful ) MFC is a much better beast than without us. We are a bit of a flag carrier whether anyone likes or agrees .

From the AFLs standpoint we're just a business, or a component of a larger business. A cog in a machine, currently one with burred gears and worn faces.

Others have "their" agendas. In the past these havent worked out too well so maybe they ought to just keep them to theirselves and let the rebuild of the club happen without their meddling.

Everything Stockdale said made sense.....except why did he have to say it!!

Although in some ways it's good to see he's not running from issues or sweeping them under the rug, and in other ways it's nice to see if he does get on the board he actually has interest in running the club not just turning up to a few meetings!

• Like 2

I hope Redleg is justing reading a hell of a lot into the reports, not all of which may be true.

But one thing I do not like is the threat of an alternative ticket.

One ticket. One MFC.

I probably am to a degree. I certainly don't like the bit about him not getting on with Jackson. That spells real trouble to me if true. It would be a pretty outlandish statement to make, if untrue, BTW.

Our fate in the short term is undeniably tied to the AFL. I don't want to pi-s them off. That doesn't mean we cow tow, but we need to work hand in hand with them for the next period, until we are off and running. I want every benefit they will give us.

ATM we need to be united and I totally agree with the one ticket one MFC point.

If you really cared about the club, why wouldn't you take a position as vice president if it was offered to you? Why wouldn't you bring a few of your best people and work with the existing board? Why do you have to be President or nothing?

Sounds like ego to me. That is a trait of the politician. Similar view to Kennett.

If you are unhappy with the Board challenge at the AGM.

Imagine a prospective Coach or Footy Manager reading the paper today and what they would think about the stability of the place.

• Like 5

It's also been a breathe of fresh air since Jackson was appointed. Things finally being done professionally!

We do however have to have strong people at the club that keep Jackson and the AFL at least slightly accountable and making decisions that are 'in the best possible interests of the MFC' first and foremost.

• Like 2

What would concern me is any inclination to go back to the ways of old. Less than spectacular governance combined with in fighting and blurred vision driving factional agendas.

We have the opportunity to go forward in a new direction bolstered by fresh ideas and refurbished finances. Why bugger it up now ?

In simple terms...I offer a visual...What might/ought to be and what weve had to date in recent years

haw.gif

I know which one Id want

Edited by belzebub59
  • Like 1

Everything Stockdale said made sense.....except why did he have to say it!!

Although in some ways it's good to see he's not running from issues or sweeping them under the rug, and in other ways it's nice to see if he does get on the board he actually has interest in running the club not just turning up to a few meetings!

I agree with this, why play this out in the public arena. The last thing we need is a potential board pushing through the media, no more agendas the only agenda we want as a club is how do we pull together to get us out of our current position. We can't stuff up we have had enough chances to get it right this feels like the last chance and the last thing we need is a battle through the media.

Stockdale plays at the big end of town. He doesnt like people like Vlad telling him what he can and cant do..lol

I would imagine in Stocky's mind the club ( MFC ) comes before the AFL and as such the CEO etc is answerable to the members and by such the board, not vice versa.

In a way , on a good day, if things were going normally id have to agree.

But they arent and its still far from sunny.

We're in administration so all normal niceties are off the menu. When the Coup is through with its work I suppose normal programming will resume then there'll be a proper time and place for any challenges. Now isnt it , I wholeheartedly agree

• Like 1

There are three types of people I don't trust:

Lawyers, Polititians and used car salesmen. Stockdale ticks too many of these boxes for my liking. A more divisive person I couldn't imagine...

• Like 3

Relax.

Jackson and Stockdale are both professionals who understand the situation the club is in at the moment. They will work together if need be for the good of the club.

Jackson has basically had carte blanche since he stepped in the front door and we as supporters have agreed with most of what's happened.

Getting a bail-out package is great but setting vision and strategy is another and the most important now. People suggesting Stockdale will sell the club off are delusional. He's a Demon FCS.

Stockdale was on the Szondy board when it went [censored] up, but that board still wanted the best for the club. Szondy is actually a foundation hero.

As said earlier, I like Stockdale and don't mind his comments, I just don't know why he had to say anything.

But McQueen I sense where as one is purpose driven and works to a professional construct the other, whilst immensely capable, is essentially and always has been ( by nature )an agenda driven type spurred by ego.

This isnt the time for anything other than Club orientated focuses. Tbh Im now a little spooked by the prospect of Stockdale

• Like 1

People must realize. We are under full AFL administration at present.

Previos MFC Boards have run the club into the ground.

If the MFC get offside with the AFL we are stuffed Stockdale.

Do you understand this????

that's misleading wyl. We are not "under full afl administration" That is quite a different thing

we all know what you are trying to say but using such hyperbole is unnecessary and inaccurate

People must realize. We are under full AFL administration at present.

Previos MFC Boards have run the club into the ground.

If the MFC get offside with the AFL we are stuffed Stockdale.

Do you understand this????

One thing to remember wyl is that if the AFL don't think Stockdale and co will be good for the MFC or PJ then they wouldn't allow it or agree to support him.

That's probably the one thing I would take comfort from.

• Like 1

What would you call it DC . By way of asking.

Looks like...walks like...

that's misleading wyl. We are not "under full afl administration" That is quite a different thing

we all know what you are trying to say but using such hyperbole is unnecessary and inaccurate

i don't think it is misleading at all.

Infact i don't think a lot of people realize how serious this is.

I am not "trying" to say anything at all.

I am saying it.

I dont see the problem here. We need

1. An influential president who is passionate about the club. CHECK

2. Can work with Peter Jackson, which id see as a prerequisite to AFL funding/support. CHECK

3. Can represent members and ensure decisions are made in the best interest of the club in cases where the AFL and MFC interests are not aligned. CHECK

Dont know where ppl got the idea he cant work with PJ

I dont know it at all tbh DC

We have no effective board currently . Yes members but not a fully working version or indeed a leader.

Decisions affecting the club are effectively made away from the club. The club isnt underwriting its existence some other body is.

We have no practical automony at present.

Whats that i hear.....quack !!!

While looking through the list of Foundation Heroes, to confirm my earlier statement that Stockdale was not a member and he isn't, which of course doesn't preclude anyone from standing for the Board, I came across the name Craig Hutchinson. I wonder if it is the same Hutchy on TV. If it is I will look at him in a different light.

Interestingly I also came upon several members who I know support other clubs. That is very admirable IMO.

As Jarka said, Stockdale makes a good point about corporate governance.

It's is a very odd thing to have a CEO installing those to which he answers to but, it isn't that simple is it?

Jackson is an AFL paratrooper that knows what the AFL see as what makes a good board.

Redleg - I hope this is the only aspect to Stockdale's issues and that the 'refusal to become Vice Prez' is just extrapolation of what has actually happened.

We need unity, and we don't need the Jackson and Bartlett ticket being blasted in public by Stockdale and Kelleher ticket.

we're a very Odd club RPFC !!