Van Deemen's Land

dee-luded

... killing 2 birds

Jeffrey loves nothing ,more than to make one big unit out of 2 smaller ones, it seems this is his modus operandi...

.. in fairly quick succession, we would be fighting North for rights in Hobart, & weaken the Roos to a point of merger..

a super team would be the aim of the Ego oriented controller.

One team,, with Vertical striped Jumper of red blue & white,,, with the Southern Cross emblazoned over the front!

tas_m.JPG

a board of just 5, so the gruff one can push his own barrow thru all the mud, to suit his own ends.

feo1.jpg

Edited by dee-luded

I disagree. We can get stronger in MELBOURNE with the right strategy.

The current board has sent us to the wall.

I cannot defend that.

Of course we can WYL... thats the point.

... we must have people in charge of Our destination, that We Trust. choose the right Leopards for Courses..

this has all the Spots over this of a Measles outbreak.

not the salvation of this great Club.

No DL it is time this club learnt how to run itself professionally in a competitive market, and do it properly.

This Club had a dynasty of power in the Amatuer era, but as soon as Big $$$ became involved we folded.

And in 50 years since that continues...We nheed Fresh New Corporate Energy..

Not the Quick Fix Ben Polis Rubbish....

By the way since Don Kow Tow'd to the AFL over summer i wouldn't trust him with $5, & he wants to go back to the AFL and beg next week.

This Great club of ours has been to insular for far too long..

Time to look outside the square.

No DL it is time this club learnt how to run itself professionally in a competitive market, and do it properly.

This Club had a dynasty of power in the Amatuer era, but as soon as Big $$$ became involved we folded.

And in 50 years since that continues...We nheed Fresh New Corporate Energy..

Not the Quick Fix Ben Polis Rubbish....

By the way since Don Kow Tow'd to the AFL over summer i wouldn't trust him with $5, & he wants to go back to the AFL and beg next week.

This Great club of ours has been to insular for far too long..

Time to look outside the square.

well we are thinking the same, but I'm talking about recruiting mercenaries to cover our backside; this is not the way to do our bidding.... the mcc side of things has failed this club in the running of the place since the 60's, & the culture of being combative was never an mcc trait. they are not suited to footy clubs, & certainly not the running of an aggressive outfit.

Kennett will just put us into more crapola.

Or worse.

• Like 1

well we are thinking the same, but I'm talking about recruiting mercenaries to cover our backside; this is not the way to do our bidding.... the mcc side of things has failed this club in the running of the place since the 60's, & the culture of being combative was never an mcc trait. they are not suited to footy clubs, & certainly not the running of an aggressive outfit.

Kennett will just put us into more crapola.

Or worse.

I am not a huge Jeff Kennett fan at any time, but i do recognize a challenge..

You see everybody keeps thinking Jeffrey will come in and smash the joint, i tend to think he will treat it as a tough challenge.

I am sure Jeffrey Gibb has a lot of "Melbourne Club" associates/friend who have been in his ear..

Re watch his Footy Classified episode...Jeff has a huge mouth, but he is no fool.

We need strong energy. Don is submissive.

There no money in Tasmania, trust me.

Lovely place but you would not want to play footy there.

There no money in Tasmania, trust me.

Lovely place but you would not want to play footy there.

Maybe not but we got Robbo, Howe, the Febeys (and Lovell?) from Tassie. I would be happy to swap all our Etihad games to Hobart (and pick up 20,000 extra supporters in the process)!

Maybe not but we got Robbo, Howe, the Febeys (and Lovell?) from Tassie. I would be happy to swap all our Etihad games to Hobart (and pick up 20,000 extra supporters in the process)!

The MFC has gotten many good players from all over Australia over the years.

But the MFC should be playing its home games at the MCG.

No point losing 25,000 members in Victoria to gain 20,000 in Tasmania.

I am not a huge Jeff Kennett fan at any time, but i do recognize a challenge..

You see everybody keeps thinking Jeffrey will come in and smash the joint, i tend to think he will treat it as a tough challenge.

I am sure Jeffrey Gibb has a lot of "Melbourne Club" associates/friend who have been in his ear..

Re watch his Footy Classified episode...Jeff has a huge mouth, but he is no fool.

We need strong energy. Don is submissive.

we all recognise the challenge WYL,,, thankfully... & this episode which really started towards the middle of Daniher's reign with a woeful List of undeveloped hopes...

& it got a Major kick-along thanks to Mitch Robinson who spoke openly & honestly... too much for some... But IMO this is what is needed, because Political correctness dictates a club like Melbourne does not wash its dirty linen in Public...

.... tell me how thats gone over the last 45 Years WYL.

It only serves to keep things unsaid & un Fixed.

... no, the board are now doing, what we should have recognised ourselves in early 2000's & certainly before 2006. the fact that it wasn't recognised by that board then, & even by many senior "influential supporters", & by many big noting posters on here,, only shows, they just don't get it, (that is, the culture issues that have Dogged this club right off its 4 Paws).

... & now these culture issues are finally being addressed, for the good of the club moving forward, so we can truly develop our kids in the future...

The supporters don't like it, because we did the youth push rebuild prior to 'this poor culture eradication'.

the insiders closer to things should have, if they know anything about footy teams, noticed the poor culture & called to fix it back in 2005/06. they didn't.

And Now these same big noters still do not understand It, & are agitating to try to stop this cultural eradication, (before its too successful)... committing us to another 4 decades of 'ordinary but Nice' football.

as Stephen Kernanhan has reflected today, maybe after chatting to (micky malthouse), that the outsiders shooting from they're hips, just do not understand these matters & should back off...

the club needs its supporters to support, & Peter Jackson has said publicly that the club is disorganised, especially around the footy department, so this would not help the Unity of the footy department.

If it was the all the coaches fault, he would be gone by now & we would all live happily ever after...

... the work being carried out Now at the club, to do with the culture, IS what IS needed, & Badly.

The MFC has gotten many good players from all over Australia over the years.

But the MFC should be playing its home games at the MCG.

No point losing 25,000 members in Victoria to gain 20,000 in Tasmania.

then stay away from Kennett !

we all recognise the challenge WYL,,, thankfully... & this episode which really started towards the middle of Daniher's reign with a woeful List of undeveloped hopes...

& it got a Major kick-along thanks to Mitch Robinson who spoke openly & honestly... too much for some... But IMO this is what is needed, because Political correctness dictates a club like Melbourne does not wash its dirty linen in Public...

.... tell me how thats gone over the last 45 Years WYL.

It only serves to keep things unsaid & un Fixed.

... no, the board are now doing, what we should have recognised ourselves in early 2000's & certainly before 2006. the fact that it wasn't recognised by that board then, & even by many senior "influential supporters", & by many big noting posters on here,, only shows, they just don't get it, (that is, the culture issues that have Dogged this club right off its 4 Paws).

... & now these culture issues are finally being addressed, for the good of the club moving forward, so we can truly develop our kids in the future...

The supporters don't like it, because we did the youth push rebuild prior to 'this poor culture eradication'.

the insiders closer to things should have, if they know anything about footy teams, noticed the poor culture & called to fix it back in 2005/06. they didn't.

And Now these same big noters still do not understand It, & are agitating to try to stop this cultural eradication, (before its too successful)... committing us to another 4 decades of 'ordinary but Nice' football.

as Stephen Kernanhan has reflected today, maybe after chatting to (micky malthouse), that the outsiders shooting from they're hips, just do not understand these matters & should back off...

the club needs its supporters to support, & Peter Jackson has said publicly that the club is disorganised, especially around the footy department, so this would not help the Unity of the footy department.

If it was the all the coaches fault, he would be gone by now & we would all live happily ever after...

... the work being carried out Now at the club, to do with the culture, IS what IS needed, & Badly.

I agree and will never understand why Sheeds was not taken on when the chance was in the room.

Do we have the right people running the club?

Because if they strip it back to far to early then it is wrong.

You must also keep "hope" at the forefront of business,& after the Tanking fiasco & wash up i find it hard to trust this current board without Jimma there.

They have got to get out there and be more inclusive of members.

I have never seen a poorer effort on the ground & this is from a playing list that trains daily not just on tuesday & thursday nights like the old days.

I agree and will never understand why Sheeds was not taken on when the chance was in the room.

Do we have the right people running the club?

Because if they strip it back to far to early then it is wrong.

You must also keep "hope" at the forefront of business,& after the Tanking fiasco & wash up i find it hard to trust this current board without Jimma there.

They have got to get out there and be more inclusive of members.

I have never seen a poorer effort on the ground & this is from a playing list that trains daily not just on tuesday & thursday nights like the old days.

everyone can learn WYL, but when you start delving into the psychology of things,, people turn the 'brains off' & stop processing & call it rubbish out of being defensive,,, as its in their Too Hard basket.

... this stops them from ever learning about these matters.

As a group, sometimes its easier to face these things, so I'd expect the board to be willing to change this bedeviling culture.. & eradicate the negative & defensive culture that has pervaded our club, & set up cliques & the like, & unprofessional values.

exclusiveness only adds to these poor values.

But strong leadership can change culture within weeks not years.

This club is going backwards & it is because of a lack of strong leadership.

Monday is critical. If the club gets smashed we may lose that fixture forever.

It is our one strong link to the top end of the comp.

then stay away from Kennett !

But Kenny the man, right!

But strong leadership can change culture within weeks not years.

This club is going backwards & it is because of a lack of strong leadership.

Monday is critical. If the club gets smashed we may lose that fixture forever.

It is our one strong link to the top end of the comp.

your not talking about culture then WYL.

I think your alluding to onfield values & simple disciplines, working for one another, 1%ers, being responsible for what you can influence to the good of the team, backing one another up, putting the head over the ball, going when its your turn, hurting the opposition, giving No easy ball without them earning it the HardWay,

IMO these standards will grow into a solid Club culture. But it takes a long time to really become known for being an honest & hard Club.

And it takes years for it to become a standard expected by all our supporters.

Edited by dee-luded