Neeld Post Match - Platitudes and other nonsense talk

Soidee

Supporters talk emotional rubbish - what neeld said made rational sense... if you cannot stick 50 tackles then that is 50 more possessions to the opposition.

Mind you Neelds biggest mistake was surrounding himself with average coaches - but what else can he do - we not exactly overloaded with money to spend.

Fire and brimstone stuff from supporters because there ain't no fire in the belly of the team and its coach. Natives are no longer restless, the natives are now in war costume charging towards the enemy!!

if i was the coach - id get defenders in one group, forwards and practice match simulations. Tell them get the ball, keep the ball and if they don't have the ball, go and get it. And then scream at players who don't put in the effort.

As for the midfielders, get them to watch as many dvds of a team like Hawthorne so they can see what work rate a real team does.

The worst comments he have made were at the start of the season that we would surprise a few people and success was closer than what we think..

then after getting smashed the first few weeks etc looking completely shocked and disbelieving....

"we know exactly where we are at, dont you worry about that.."

No you don't, you have NFI!

Agree with this – that's what has annoyed me too. The mixed messages and the inconsistency.

There's a core group of players to take us forward but we just need to reshape the list has moved to we are in the basement and are rebuilding.

I think they might know where we are at now, but I would be pretty confident in assuming that they didn't know where we were at during the pre-season.

Supporters talk emotional rubbish - what neeld said made rational sense... if you cannot stick 50 tackles then that is 50 more possessions to the opposition.

Mind you Neelds biggest mistake was surrounding himself with average coaches - but what else can he do - we not exactly overloaded with money to spend.

the fact we can't stick tackles is the problem, they're the coaches.. we certainly shouldn't have been out muscled by Gold Coast.

the fact we can't stick tackles is the problem, they're the coaches.. we certainly shouldn't have been out muscled by Gold Coast.

Maybe if we did tackling drills at more than 70% in training we might stick them in a game.

I've seen a number of tackling drills at training this year and teaching techniques at training this year, but struggle to recall many occasions where they were really going at it 100%, even less so (if any) during match simulations.

As I said after training last week, I would prefer to risk injuries and have training done in match like conditions than the current way.

• Like 1

Maybe if we did tackling drills at more than 70% in training we might stick them in a game.

I've seen a number of tackling drills at training this year and teaching techniques at training this year, but struggle to recall many occasions where they were really going at it 100%, even less so (if any) during match simulations.

As I said after training last week, I would prefer to risk injuries and have training done in match like conditions than the current way.

The old saying " the best way to train is as you would play."

i must admit i have found all of neeld's press conferences incoherent and rambling and yesterday's was no exception

i know his main job is not to be a media star but if this is indicative of his communication skills then i can see why players seem confused over their game-day roles

He could be honest, "The performance wasn't good enough, i the coach and the players take full responsibility and apologise to the supporters and members for a poor display today and promise a better showing against the tigers."

Geeee Thats a new spin ie NO SPIN

Honesty would help a little I believe

Neelds press conferences infuriate me, but realistically what can we expect him to say?

He plays a dead bat to every question. Gives the media absolutley nothing to get hold of and sensationalise

As I was saying yesterday, a team with:

Bail

Nicholson

McKenzie

Byrnes

Kent*

Spencer

Evans

in and around the midfield is not going to win games of AFL football. Kent I'm judging extremely harshly, but IDGAF right at the minute. Seriously the worst MFC team ever put on the park in the modern age.

Bail

Nicholson

McKenzie

Byrnes

Kent*

Spencer

Evans

in and around the midfield is not going to win games of AFL football. Kent I'm judging extremely harshly, but IDGAF right at the minute. Seriously the worst MFC team ever put on the park in the modern age.

The top three in that list are just shockingly bad footballers. Placing a complete potato like McKenzie into a leadership group defies belief. Not pulling punches here but it's the truth, he's embarrassingly bad.

Nicholson over Jetta can't be explained, and if it's disciplinary that is [censored].

Evans and Kent are very early in the piece and have showed genuine signs. No chance I would give up on either of them.

• Like 2

Bail

Nicholson

McKenzie

Byrnes

Kent*

Spencer

Evans

I agree with your general point, but not with the players you've listed.

Of yesterday's 22, mine would read:

Dunn

Nicholson

Spencer

McKenzie

Strauss

Sellar

I rate Bail, though I seem to be one of few. Evans I think has been far from our worst, and it's too early to call Kent out. Byrnes I thought showed quite a bit against GWS and Brisbane to get him out of this group.

Dunn is pathetic, his 'job' on Judd last week was Judd's doing, not his. Nicholson has speed and nothing else. Spencer has gone nowhere in the 6 or however many years we've given him. McKenzie is a hopelessly one-dimensional footballer who can't even do the one thing he's asked to do, which is tag. Strauss is VFL grade at best, brings absolutely nothing to the MFC side. Sellar isn't even VFL standard.

Then there are those who didn't play on the weekend:

Rodan

Blease

Pedersen

Gillies

MacDonald

Fitzpatrick

Really, none of these players should be playing AFL football. Blease is about the only one with any upside, but he's just continually not getting there, not even for Casey. With this number of players for whom it's difficult to see an AFL future, too much is left to too few, too often. Then you add in Trengove and Watts not playing to their best, Clark, Dawes and Grimes being injured, Viney, M. Jones, Terlich all being first year players, Toumpas clearly not being ready to play this year, and we're down to even fewer.