POST MATCH DISCUSSION

Demonland

Max Gawn is going to be a great player if his knee holds up.

Mark neeld must have said something at 3/4 quarter time that got the boys going.

Evans was BOG in the last 15 min of the game great story.

Chipper needs to go to casey NOW.

Well done boys

Good to see the boys smiling again but it was GWS who are barely above VFL standard.

Lions at the Gabba is the test,which team will turn up?

The Lions aren't great so we have a real shot. The win will do wonders, regardless of who we played.

Evans: hadn't seen anything in him until today, he was superb.. same goes for Tapscott, apart from the two shocking shots on goal. Byrnes was excellent too.. MJones, Terlich, big maxy, Bail even Pedo did a few quality things.. there is nothing more pleasing than seeing these second shelf types prove themselves

I can't believe people aren't more pumped, 12 goals in a quarter without Clark and Dawes, dodgy video reviews, dogy ump calls, some shocking luck (eg the ball bouncing striaght over tommy mac to setanta) some stupid frees/50s against Clark and Jetta, we should have won by considerably more than 41. We also conceded 5 goals in 12 minutes in the second when they completely lost focus.. but they got it back big time. Playing what is likely to be another winless side next week, let's all stop wallowing and get fired up

Evans and Gawnius maximus were revelations and as has been pointed out we did the last quarter without Clark (?any news?) and Dawes (who?).

Sure it was against a younger team, but at least we didn't cave in in the last quarter as I think many suspected we would.

Forgot to add that there were some bewildering umpiring calls today. Does anyone know why the set shot was taken off Melbourne and given to GWS who went the length of the ground and scored? Pretty sure there was never a signal from the umps as to why they were taking the ball off us?

Jordan Bannister has No Idea

• Like 1

It almost seemed that the team was de/shackled in the last 1/4.

Very very bizarre. I think the last quarter performance shows we have very good talent in our team. Why we are not allowed to play like that every quarter is one more reason to suggest that neeld is not getting the most out of our players.

I also thought that MN may have said to them "just play your natural attacking game" which they appeared to do.

As I said above loved Max and Evans work, and a special mention to Terlich for his second and third efforts after he looked like he stuffed it up in the last. All look likr possible long term players fitness permitting.

Congratulations to Mark Neeld and the team. I hope this gives the side some confidence. I know it was GWS, but for a few minutes there I thought they were going to run away with it like the WCE did. Really enjoyable watching what they can play like with a bit of confidence.

I'm surprised by the criticism of Watts - I thought he did much better than the first two weeks. He could do more I'm sure, but I thought he did some good things and seemed to be trying much harder. Nathan Jones may not be captain but he's a leader for sure. I haven't seen much of Gawn before, but he seems quite talented.

The Lions at the Gabba will be an interesting test. A week ago I'd have said no chance. Now I'm sure they'll be favourites, but the odds will be wound back heaps.

Well done Dees!

• Like 2

If Mitch is unable to play next week do we bring Spencer in to play in the ruck and put Jamar down forward. I'm just thinking that in the past Jamar has been an excellent mark and kick for goal and giving him a break from the centre bounce may be the opportunity for him to find that flair that seems to have gone missing this year.

Who comes in for JV - Macca. He could tag Moloney all game. Hold his arms down so he can't point.

Congratulations to Mark Neeld and the team. I hope this gives the side some confidence. I know it was GWS, but for a few minutes there I thought they were going to run away with it like the WCE did. Really enjoyable watching what they can play like with a bit of confidence.

I'm surprised by the criticism of Watts - I thought he did much better than the first two weeks. He could do more I'm sure, but I thought he did some good things and seemed to be trying much harder. Nathan Jones may not be captain but he's a leader for sure. I haven't seen much of Gawn before, but he seems quite talented.

The Lions at the Gabba will be an interesting test. A week ago I'd have said no chance. Now I'm sure they'll be favourites, but the odds will be wound back heaps.

Well done Dees!

I thought Jack made some good footy decisions today and certainly in front of the MCC members showed some determination which has been missing for the last three weeks. His kicks out were OK. I think there were elements today that should boost his confidence. Down our end (MCC members) there was certainly no booing or jeering. In fact I think it was the opposite and everyone was willing him to do well and when he did make the second and third efforts was applauded.

• Like 1

I thought Jack made some good footy decisions today and certainly in front of the MCC members showed some determination which has been missing for the last three weeks. His kicks out were OK. I think there were elements today that should boost his confidence. Down our end (MCC members) there was certainly no booing or jeering. In fact I think it was the opposite and everyone was willing him to do well and when he did make the second and third efforts was applauded.

Ra! Ra! For all those at the members' end.

Pedersen is a dud

Byrnes is lucky he kicked some goals

Evans, Tapscott were great

Max was good

I lived the last quarter

Right so you said Byrnes is lucky to have kicked those goals then you go on to say Tapscott was great? clearly didn't watched the game.. Byrnes kept us in the game and showed real leadership and flare.

• Like 2

had to listen on the radio today and at 3qtr time had my head in hands over the kitcken sink , wanting to puke , but well fmd , what happened after that had me roarin , stuff the neibours , it was just what ide dreamed aout at 3qrt time , so many new and old stood up and im proud as hell , i just cannot believe some of the negative crap on here , , theres just no pleasing some people , , i just wish they could shut there gob for a few days and let MFC supporters enjoy , , well done dees this will be very important to the teams physch

• Like 3

Right so you said Byrnes is lucky to have kicked those goals then you go on to say Tapscott was great? clearly didn't watched the game.. Byrnes kept us in the game and showed real leadership and flare.

Agree

Without him we wouldn't have been close enough at 3/4 time to win.

• Like 2

Ladies and gentleman..... finally after much toil, hair pulling, tribulation, amazing results on the training track and a last minute Danking.....we've found the most important missing ingredient that this club's lacked (on the field) since Neeld's appointment.....

BELIEF!

And with belief ..... the only way from here is UP!

We're off and running fellow demonoids. Enjoy the ride, its not gonna be easy and i'm sure we'll hit a few more potholes along the way, but the turn around over the next few year's is going to be bloody sweet.

Stick it right up 'em Demons!

• Like 1

Didn't see Bynes as that effective for us but he tries.

Jones and Sylvia gave us the drive from the guts.

It helped that Garland got his groove happening of half back.

Jamar will struggle to get games when Dawes comes in.

On another note-the female goal umpy was a disgrace and should never be given another game .

Even the review system kept getting it wrong .

I thought the AFL was trying to wipe us out by conspiracy at 3/4 time.