What happens if we beat the Bummers?

Jonesbag

I'll say good. Now do it again against WC.

And then I'll say good now do it again. Etc.

We are trying to build a winning culture and attitude and I'm afraid the only way to do that is by winning, winning consistently and winning well.

Not just by firing up here and there because they have copped an earful from the supporters, coaches and media,

So lets win, and then bloody do it again.

simply if the winning culture is not established people will be held accountable.

Another season of losing cannot go under the radar.

The fires have begun

simply if the winning culture is not established people will be held accountable.

The fires have begun

Ha, ha. I seem to recall a membership promo early in the Bailey era which went along the lines of "The Fire has Started".

The fires have begun

I to feel as if the fires have been lit after the weekend. The supporters have finally had enough, we are generally an optimistic/positive bunch because we had to be, we would go crazy if we wernt. But by looking at the supporter response everywhere after Sunday I feel that this is envoking change at the MFC. They know out patience is wearing thin, they know they are losing supporters by the week etc.

Whether the change is for better or for worse, we will just have to wait and see.

I to feel as if the fires have been lit after the weekend. The supporters have finally had enough, we are generally an optimistic/positive bunch because we had to be, we would go crazy if we wernt. But by looking at the supporter response everywhere after Sunday I feel that this is envoking change at the MFC. They know out patience is wearing thin, they know they are losing supporters by the week etc.

Whether the change is for better or for worse, we will just have to wait and see.

I feel the opposite. The fire has gone out.

Ha, ha. I seem to recall a membership promo early in the Bailey era which went along the lines of "The Fire has Started".

We just did not understand it was burning the place down mate

• Like 2

I have some matches and kindling? Happy to share with a friend.

Find me some fuel and I'll gladly sit on the deckchair next to you with a cold one and watch it burn gloriously.

I think I said in the Viney thread - we've got a couple of sparks but no fuel to ignite.

What happens when you light a match? You either light something else, blow it out or it burns your fingers.

• Like 1

I agree I'm tired and have lost my passion at the moment I hope it turns around and it won't happen this week bombers will smack us by 100+

And all hell will break loose

Perhaps in the long view that is not the worse result wattsup

• Like 1

And all hell will break loose

Good. I Hope it does.

I have always wished 186 had occured at the MCG. So many supporters missed it thus many inside the club dogded a bullet.

But Sunday we were all there with 200 Port Supporters.

There is nowhere to hide now..3 more weeks at the 'G.

It's Stand Up or F off time. The fixture is perfect.

I was at 186!

I've seen enough since then to know that the Neeld experiment is over, no matter what the result of next week or the next few weeks.

No, I don't like saying that about any rookie coach, but I can see facts - time to move quickly - we need a new coach, new coaching staff, and probably some new non-football staff!

Remember, MFC were adamant that we needed an experienced coach - and then they panicked! The time to act is now!

• Like 1

Act now and what? No experienced coaches of any success wanted to come to us (unless you include lunatic Sheedy, despite whatever he claims) despite us throwing the bank at them. Shall we go for Primus? How bout Mark Harvey? Ratten? I hear Buckanara might be available.

Congratulations for being at 186 (as was I), but I hardly think you could even remotely link that to Neeld. Did MFC panick, as you state. No. Neeld was seen as the best candidate available to us. Were you on the selection committee that chose him? Otherwise the panick claim is just plain wrong.

Honestly, I still believe Neeld is on the right track. Sorry for being one of a few non-Chicken Littles around here. Clarkson and Longmire were once rookie coaches as well, Clarkson nearly got the boot, as did Bomber Thompson before they hit success. The trouble will not even be slightly remedied by axing Neeld, quite the opposite. Most of the problems stem from before he joined us, and I still believe he has a great deal of work to do to remove them all. He is tough, he will do it. He was the midfield coach of the best midfield in the AFL at the time, and comes heaped with praise by all who have worked with him.

I thought we were over the lynching mob mentality before this weekend. Doesn't take long for the witch hunt posters to come out again and drag the weak fence sitters with them. Geez, toughen up fellas. I don't accept the performance on the weekend either, but I'm not going to write off the season or coach after round one. Round one, FFS.

Edited by Moonshadow
  • Like 5

Act now and what? No experienced coaches of any success wanted to come to us (unless you include lunatic Sheedy, despite whatever he claims) despite us throwing the bank at them. Shall we go for Primus? How bout Mark Harvey? Ratten? I hear Buckanara might be available.

Congratulations for being at 186 (as was I), but I hardly think you could even remotely link that to Neeld. Did MFC panick, as you state. No. Neeld was seen as the best candidate available to us. Were you on the selection committee that chose him? Otherwise the panick claim is just plain wrong.

Honestly, I still believe Neeld is on the right track. Sorry for being one of a few non-Chicken Littles around here. Clarkson and Longmire were once rookie coaches as well, Clarkson nearly got the boot, as did Bomber Thompson before they hit success. The trouble will not even be slightly remedied by axing Neeld, quite the opposite. Most of the problems stem from before he joined us, and I still believe he has a great deal of work to do to remove them all. He is tough, he will do it. He was the midfield coach of the best midfield in the AFL at the time, and comes heaped with praise by all who have worked with him.

I thought we were over the lynching mob mentality before this weekend. Doesn't take long for the witch hunt posters to come out again and drag the weak fence sitters with them. Geez, toughen up fellas. I don't accept the performance on the weekend either, but I'm not going to write off the season or coach after round one. Round one, FFS.

All very emotional Moonshadow, but MFC clearly stated it wanted an experienced coach and then found none were either available or suitable in their opinion - reaction, panic because other clubs were looking at the new young rookie group and MFC felt they had to act fast - they did and they made a bad choice. Hinkley, McCartney, Watters and Sanderson were overlooked - at least two of them have shown something already over a full season. I have never blamed players for our performance and I will not until I am convinced players have been given the best chance to prove themselves by competent coaching staff.

Will we celebrate and say we knew Neeld could do it?

Were the players just foxing against port to lead Essendon into a false sense of security?

Was this our plan all along??

Seriously though if we beat the dons what will be running through the minds of us at demonland?

will not happen

we will go down by 100 minimum and this time I will not be stupid enough to be there to suffer it

• Like 1

Stop talking sense Moonshadow - no one's listening.

Couldn't agree more by the way ...

• Like 2

All very emotional Moonshadow, but MFC clearly stated it wanted an experienced coach and then found none were either available or suitable in their opinion - reaction, panic because other clubs were looking at the new young rookie group and MFC felt they had to act fast - they did and they made a bad choice. Hinkley, McCartney, Watters and Sanderson were overlooked - at least two of them have shown something already over a full season. I have never blamed players for our performance and I will not until I am convinced players have been given the best chance to prove themselves by competent coaching staff.

News release: "Players not responsible for losing a game (or perhaps even winning a game). It's all the coaches fault, says Hardnut"

2 out of 4 coaches which have "shown something". You're not terribly convincing there, especially since its only ROUND ONE.

Pull your head in, pal. The reality bus is passing close by.

Bwaaa ha ha ha ha ha

If we beat the bombers this weekend, well, frankly, reality is torn, we're going to need a new universe.

The only real explanation would be that the single remaining purpose of the Melbourne Football Club is to break the will of Essendon, each and every season.

Not everything I dreamed of for us, but I'm sure the supporters of many other clubs would see it as a valid reason to ensure the demons never fold.

Will we celebrate and say we knew Neeld could do it?

Were the players just foxing against port to lead Essendon into a false sense of security?

Was this our plan all along??

Seriously though if we beat the dons what will be running through the minds of us at demonland?

ther is no 'frickin' way we'll beat the bummers! We won't anyone this year if we don't improve 100% and with this mob of losers aside from about 6 players we won' t win a thing. We'll get beaten by GWS on the MCG in a few weeks.

Edited by baysidedave