• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

WA Watch

Pennant St Dee

Sorry for not positing this after round 1 last week but busy week in work & at home. As promised last year to some on Demonland I will provide some updates into kids in WA who have caught my eye as a regular WAFL attendee.

Round 1:

Attended the Perth derby great win by the Cardies against the enemy. Missed the first quarter of the Colts game but saw enough to confirm Blake ACRES will be drafted.Medium defender who played underage last season in the Colts and was a good player who is almost a lock in for WA U/18'S. Hard at it and finds his own footy and used the ball well. For East Perth colts a midfielder Tom SHANNAHAN really stood out got plenty of the ball and used it well, good size mid who did not panic in traffic and was good with his hands.

For the seniors game two standouts for West Perth Matthew JOHNSON & Nick RODDA playing as tall forwards. JOHNSON presented well all day and looks really fit, can't say I noticed him a lot last year but big surprise was RODDA playing as a forward, I thought he would have been drafted or at least rookied last year as he had a really solid year as a defender. Presented well as a target and provided very good pressure as a defensive forward causing a lot of turnovers. Mark Hutchins didn't play but Shane Nelson was a ball magnet, may be a bit small for AFL but runs all day and will be a smoky if he can maintain his fitness through the season, disposal is good but room for improvement.

For the Royals Cale Morton just went through the motions, disapointing for someone who's career you would think is on the line, intensity just not there and whilst he has put some size on he struggled to run out the game.

Round 2:

Friday night game Subiaco v West Perth win number 2 for the Cardies, Shane Nelson stood up again and the midfield with the inclusion of Hutchins was to strong, far to much run and spread for Subi. Rodda & Johnson whilst not being outstanding were impressive in the sense they continued with their intensity and providing defensive pressure to keep the ball locked in. One thing I will give Johnson despite having an off night continued to provide options with leads and also provides a contest.

Saturday East Perth v Peel Tom Shanahan was down on last weeks game but when he got his hands on the pill used it well. Seemed to lack run this week although it was hot on Saturday. I heard a fair bit about centre half forward for Peel Rhys WILKEY and whilst his team was down he provided a contest and backed up with second efforts when the ball came into their forward line which wasn't often. Bradley Walsh came on for them after half time and found a fair bit of the footy but played a lone hand in Peels midfield. Absolute stand out in this game was Alex Ridley in East Perth midfield,looked to have more run then all the other players and absolutely killed it through the middle. the kid found space and provided options with his run and backed up with second efforts to win plenty of his own ball. Did not see him butcher the ball and disposal was excellent, he weighted two passes perfectly over the full backs head to leading forwards chest, which resulted in two goals.

Seniors game was a good contest with seasoned players stepping up to get East Perth over the line against a spirited Peel outfit. Royals captain Brendan Lee BOG with plenty of the ball and after a sloppy first quarter they controlled the midfield with no standouts but honest effort from Clutterbuck, Paul Johnson and Craig Wulf. Josh Smith provided plenty of headaches for the peel defence. Cale Morton drifted in and out of the game laid some decent tackles in the forward line but needs to do more to break into Meth Coast side. Have to say no one from this game who is young enough or eligible to be drafted did anything to impress me, Dockers Crozier was the most impressive of the youngsters.

Will update next week if anything catches my eye

• Like 3

Thanks PSD

Glad to see a team in Red and Blue is firing.

Yes old Dee been to see the boys four times this season, no losses in Pre season and get to hear Grand Old Flag belting out twice so far, lets hope I hear it several times this year with the Dees.

Yes old Dee been to see the boys four times this season, no losses in Pre season and get to hear Grand Old Flag belting out twice so far, lets hope I hear it several times this year with the Dees.

I might have to migrate to Perth mate

I might have to migrate to Perth mate

Lets face it Old Dee I thought the rebuild would last till 2012 by the latest, but for one reason or another we find ourselves in 2013 into another although it is my belief we are doing it from the inside out this time and once we stay the course on this one we will start singing the song on a regular basis and I will be able to wear the MFC tie on Monday mornings a lot more

Gee whiz whoda thunk Morton would be mincing around with no intensity??

Spud

Yeah I can't see him making it, he lacks intensity and unlike Watts - Morton doesn't even look like wants to succeed.

At least with Watts, he has worked his backside off and we've seen improvements in his body over time.

Lets face it Old Dee I thought the rebuild would last till 2012 by the latest, but for one reason or another we find ourselves in 2013 into another although it is my belief we are doing it from the inside out this time and once we stay the course on this one we will start singing the song on a regular basis and I will be able to wear the MFC tie on Monday mornings a lot more

Unfortunately PSD your tie is no danger of wearing out any time soon.

Interesting PSD that since I started supporting the MFC I have seen most clubs have good and bad periods.

West Perth have had some periods of prolonged success in the last 48 years but the MFC a couple of brief blips

of success with decades of crap.

We have had some very poor administrations over the years.

It is puzzling that one team could have so many for so long

Six flags while we have racked up zero

Interesting PSD that since I started supporting the MFC I have seen most clubs have good and bad periods.

West Perth have had some periods of prolonged success in the last 48 years but the MFC a couple of brief blips

Smaller competition old dee and with the way the zones are set up in WA teams tend to have prolonged success over a period of 5-10 years before dropping off for a period. Due to the make up of the competition you can be very ordinarly and still make the finals as was the case last year when there was really only three clubs in the running. Having said all this there has never been a finals series were one of East Perth, West Perth, South Freo or East Freo did not feature.

I recollect that we have had many 5 year plans introduced. When we get to year 3 without success we have changed the plan and introduced another 5 year plan by a new regime. There has been no consistency in the plans and we have virtually discarded and started again.

I notice that Neeld was appointed for 3

I am not sure what the cycle in AFL is and it may well be 5 and not 3 perhaps we need to establish what it is and stick to it if it 6 or 7 we need a plan for that time. It would at least be good to see some adherence to direction for a complete cycle of failure and success. We never seem to get to the success bit.

This comment is only drawn from my failing memory bank .I am happy to be criticized/ corrected by some more knowledgeable