Will Neale Daniher ever coach again?

ashdemons22

Last night it came to my attention that Neale Daniher is still around in the football coaching circles.

Does any one think he will ever be a senior coach again?

Do you guys rate him?

I loved Neale, yes good and bad in his coaching, curious to what you think.

No chance. Doesn't have a back up game plan and is too one dimensional.

erm yeah.... just too one dimensional as footy manager at the WCE :unsure:

Never say never, but he's not technically in coaching circles, it's like Neil Balme, both are still involved in footy operations, but I reckon they have left the thought of coaching behind them.

Never say never, but he's not technically in coaching circles, it's like Neil Balme, both are still involved in footy operations, but I reckon they have left the thought of coaching behind them.

Footy manager is nothing like a footy coach. Everyone should know that dumbass.

• Like 1

He's done, if he wanted to be a career coach he'd need to get back into being an assistant coach. I actually thought he was a decent coach, just had a zero idea how to use ruckmen. We should never have lost Jolly but his refusal to play him as anything other than a chop out ruck was shocking.

Had some great years with him though!

Took us to a Grand Final. Neeld took us to 4 wins. Get some perspective before bagging the guy out.

Sorry Stuie, in all fairness the same could be said for bagging out Neeld on the back of a single season, following which he has turned over almost half the playing list.

• Like 1

Sorry Stuie, in all fairness the same could be said for bagging out Neeld on the back of a single season, following which he has turned over almost half the playing list.

I'm not bagging Neeld, I really like him. Just saying I can't believe how quick some are to bag a coach that got us to a GF.

yes, and the year after we did not even make the finals.

Great bloke, but....

Mate, if you were told we would make the GF this year but not make the finals next year as opposed to finishing 8th both years what would you take?

Mate, if you were told we would make the GF this year but not make the finals next year as opposed to finishing 8th both years what would you take?

Fcuk losing another GF Stuie

I am over it.

Both of your scenarios are not acceptable.

Anyway it has nothing to do with ND.

2001 was a deplorable effort. Fact.

Fcuk losing another GF Stuie

I am over it.

Both of your scenarios are not acceptable.

Anyway it has nothing to do with ND.

2001 was a deplorable effort. Fact.

Just give credit where it's due and stop being such a MFCSS bloke.

ND got us to a Grand Final. Hard to do. Good effort, and I respect him for doing it.

I will leave that to you Stuie. I repeat 2001 was deplorable.

With the list we had during Daniher's years at the Dees, we should have won a premiership. Instead we lost more games than we won.

FFS. Grand Final. Suck it up whingers.

Last night it came to my attention that Neale Daniher is still around in the football coaching circles.

Does any one think he will ever be a senior coach again?

Do you guys rate him?

I loved Neale, yes good and bad in his coaching, curious to what you think.

Can coach at a level below AFL.

Not great at development, & plays favorites.

Nice guy, who learn't to pull the wool over our collective eyes. We were had, & so was our board.

So no, won't be a head coach again.

• Like 1

perfect analogy with balme, another nice guy we fallen for. not ACAH.

but a great footy person.

he should be at the bombers after they're mess ups.

Footy manager is nothing like a footy coach. Everyone should know that dumbass.

Wow... you are a smart one, I was actually saying excactly that.

But hey if you want to big note yourself and call others names to make up for your lack of interpretation skills. Go for it!

• Like 1

Daniher and Cameron re-built the list in the late 90's, finding 10 players who would go on to play 100 games or more. But unfortunately, that feat could not be repeated.

We were good enough to play finals in 6 out of 9 years and in 2006 we were the best side in Victoria. (You would all have to admit the future seemed pretty rosy when you saw Mclean demolish St. Kilda in that elimination final).

2007 was ravaged by an unprecedented number of injuries. It accelerated the decline of many older players and exposed just how shallow the list was.

Be it a failure of recruitment or player development, there were too few ready to take over from the side Daniher had built 8 years earlier. We’ve paid for it.

• Like 1

Took us to a Grand Final. Neeld took us to 4 wins. Get some perspective before bagging the guy out.

Well, Daniher took us to a grand final early in his term, but by the time he finished, we were a footballing basketcase.

Neeld's job is rebuilding from the vacuum left after Daniher's 'generation' retired/were pushed, and our drafting left us with little in the tank to work with.

Anyway, for what it is worth, I think Daniher did the best job possible in pretty shabby circumstances and was probably a better coach than a lot of people credit him for. He also doesn't seem to have made to bad a run of things as West Coast's footy manager, either. Maybe he'll be the 'ring in' at Essendon to try to clean up their governance structures from 2014 on? Hmm...

Edited by Little Goffy
  • Like 2

Wow... you are a smart one, I was actually saying excactly that.

But hey if you want to big note yourself and call others names to make up for your lack of interpretation skills. Go for it!

Sorry dude i thought you were bagging me out....my bad