Ultimate Footy 2013 - Norm Smith League

Range Rover

With several fantasy footy comps set to kickstart next week (entries to Supercoach and Dreamteam start on Feb 1), I thought I'd start up the Norm Smith League page for this season.

Several questions to start things off ...

- Who's in again for this season?

- Who's admin-ing it?

- When's the draft?

- What should the draft order be? Reverse ladder is my suggestion.

Let the battles and the controversy continue!

168693_201699043179077_48722_n.jpg

Reigning Premier

Watts Cookn

Confirmed Coaches for 2013 ...

Watts Cookn

Mad_Melbourne ............ Franklin, Deledio / Bastinac, Golby

Range Rover ................. J.Selwood, Griffen / D.Swallow, Gaff

Rpfc ............................... Goddard, Dangerfield / Ziebell, Harwood

Jako13 ........................... Sandilands, Rioli / Heppell, D.Shiel

Old Man Rivers .............. Swan, Jack / Darling, Caddy

DemonLand_7

45HG16 .......................... D.Beams, Shuey / J.Trengove (Melb), Prestia

Scarlett

H_T ................................ Dal Santo, Bartel / Sidebottom, Greene

JACKATTACK ................ Watson, Ryder / Fyfe, L.Shiels

Robbo24 ......................... S.Thomspon, Redden / A.Miles, C.Beams

Snomed

Deeflog ...........................

Withdrawing for 2013

Deevoted

JackLivesHere

DappaDan

Waitlist

S-t-i-n-g-a

7-Up

Jarka

Dan Fantastik

Edited by Range Rover

My one qualm is that in the minor finals series no one other than me and JLH, plus Robbo really put in. I finished 16th but won the consolation finals IMO because no-one gave a carp about consolation finals, nor did I but I did post my best teams. I think the Top 8 should be the order after the finals series because everyone put in... But in my case 'anti-tanking' will've cost my average list 6 draft picks and it seems unfair to me.

In no way was the Losers Finals going to count for the draft.

It'll be 9-16 a it finished after rd 23.

Sounds about right to me.

Oh and count me back in :-), thinking i need to cut back this year on either this or dreamteam - reckon dreamteam will be dropped from my itinery - heaps more fun in this

My one qualm is that in the minor finals series no one other than me and JLH, plus Robbo really put in. I finished 16th but won the consolation finals IMO because no-one gave a carp about consolation finals, nor did I but I did post my best teams. I think the Top 8 should be the order after the finals series because everyone put in... But in my case 'anti-tanking' will've cost my average list 6 draft picks and it seems unfair to me.

I'd have to dispute that as I tried to win my consolation finals but simply had a crap team and came up short in both games.

In no way was the Losers Finals going to count for the draft.

It'll be 9-16 a it finished after rd 23.

I think it was an 18-team comp from memory. But I agree draft order need not be complicated ... for sides outside the top 8 it should be reverse finishing order after round 23. For the top 8 finals sides, reverse order after the finals with the premier having the last pick in round 1.

Trying to guess who tanked and who put in among sides 9 - 18 is simply too fraught with subjectivity.

i would like to join but understand if there is no room i cant

There could be a spot Deeflog if one of the last year's group doesn't sign up again. Otherwise, there's the Robbie Flower League or there may well be enough demand for a third league (Garry Lyon?) over the next few weeks. Stick around and check the UF threads and I'm sure you'll eventually get a guernsey somewhere.

Edited by Range Rover

ATTN ... Norm Smith League Coaches

Underneath the UF logo on the opening post are listed the names of coaches confirmed as starters for the 2013 season. Five in so far - myself, rpfc, Old Man Rivers, Demonland 7 and Jako13.

Still 13 undecided. Please confirm your participation or withdrawal as soon as possible so we can get an idea of numbers.

Anyone else think - if two or more sides drop out - that we should revert to a 16-team comp? 18 made for a lot of dead rubbers in the second half of the season (which caused problems re tanking etc).

Also ... We should probably leave the draft and confirmation of our 4 keepers until as late as possible given what happened last season ... a lot of us had key players fall to season ending injuries during the pre-season comp, throwing our lists into disarray before the real stuff started.

I am definitely in, have been waiting for this thread since the season finished!

Edited by Mad_Melbourne

I'm in.

However I think it's time I step down as chairman, so if there is anyone who would like to step up make yourself known.

I know DL7 offered to help me last year.

Whoever takes it on, can of course run it as they think is best, so the following are suggestions they may or may not want to take on.

1: reduce the number of players in each list. ( I prefer: 3B 4C 3F 1R 4emerg, 3 bench)

2: as suggested reduce to 16 if there are any dropouts, combined with 1 this makes the quality of players much better and generally makes for a better game.

3: Allow pre-draft trading, this one is a bit more of a wild one, and a bit of work administering it, but being able to trade picks and keepers allows people to trade their team into a position they might prefer. So if you're centre heavy you can trade yourself into a more balanced position. The site administrator is able to set keepers, and also the draft order of every round so you can trade picks and use the same online draft system.

Happy to help out the new chairman wherever needed, I hope I served in the best interest of everyone and that we all had fun while I was at the helm. And good luck to the new guy, you're going to need it.

P.S. Get round 'the league', its a TV show about fantasy footy (NFL), not for everyone, but it appeals to both my fantasy footy and gutter humour sides.

P.S. Get round 'the league', its a TV show about fantasy footy (NFL), not for everyone, but it appeals to both my fantasy footy and gutter humour sides.

Quality TV, up there with my favourites!

- 45HG16, Robbo24, HT, Scarlett and Jackattack takes it to 11 now confirmed.

- I'm unable to admin it as there'll be patches where I'm unavailable to view things regularly during the year. Happy to guide this thread until some brave soul steps forward, though.

- Be good if we do reduce to 16 in number as talent was very thin on the ground with 18 sides.

Edited by Range Rover