"Tanking"

Whispering_Jack

So, if after all the negotiations the AFL say "a couple of scalps and we'll call it quits or it's draft penalties and fines and off to court" what would you do?

Taking city hall to court is a lose lose situation for all of us. The difference is city hall will survive, we may not.

city hall might survive, but city hall employees might not

and that's a big difference to decision making

• Like 1

So, if after all the negotiations the AFL say "a couple of scalps and we'll call it quits or it's draft penalties and fines and off to court" what would you do?

Taking city hall to court is a lose lose situation for all of us. The difference is city hall will survive, we may not.

I do not agree with the way we went about 2009.

But there is no way we should offer up sacrificial lambs.

Who would take on positions of authority with the MFC in the future?

For better or worse 2009 exists.

We must fight this to the death.

Any thing less is a slow death.

I have stuck with the Dees through decades of crap.

But to weaken on this issue would seriously threaten my resolve to continue with the MFC into the future.

This is it for the MFC win or die a death of a thousand cuts.

MFC DO NOT RETREAT

• Like 5

Well at least we know where you stand when this proceeds to court, you have made it clear.

On what flimsy charge would yo be prepared to lose a couple of scalps?? Fumbling the ball in the last 3 minutes, the ashen faced look?

The evidence provided is rock solid....How about the interviews where the recorders were switched on or off....That's worth a few jobs hey Baghdad....

Good on ya..

I could deal with the club being hit if Carlton, Eagles, Pies & Tigers also got took the same hit.

The thing that gets me fired up about this whole saga is the massive delay between 2009 and the investigation date and the hypocricy of the investigation being limited to our club alone.

If the AFL announce that they are slaping us then fine, but they better damn well announce that they are going to investigate every other team that has been awarded a priotrity pick in the last 15 years at the same time.

• Like 1

Then enjoy the comp under new AFL leadership and no MFC.

That doesn't work for me.

I think the point is that the AFL leaders may be more worried about their own careers than wanting to clobber the MFC and may back off.

• Like 1

so what you are saying in reality is that you are happy for the club to accept guilt to a bunch of very flimsy laws, to Roll Over to the AFL punishment and forever be labelled a cheat.

That is not the team i want to follow.

I want my club to fight for its place on & off the field Dr. G.

If our club fought for its place on the field WE wouldnt be in this position.

Well with whats has come out this week drugs, match fixing etc I reckon Andrew D will be in a bad mood and will dish it out to us. Apparently we find out next week. Im feeling nervous.

What will annoy me is if we get punished for the richmond game. The game where we where winning until the last second. You cant put that game down to tanking.

Edited by dees189227

There are unnaturally bigger fish for the AFL to fry.

The timing is superb.Thank you Kero.

Much would depend on the wording and official ruling.

IF the MFC and Board could negotiate an outcome where they were found not guilty, but one or two individuals had to go down for having breached the spirit of the game then you'd have to consider it. The club's interests are obviously of most concern to me and having no fines or loss of draft picks would be EXTREMELY attractive.

I'd have to give Cuddles a cuddle and say "you understand mate".

• Like 2

IF the MFC and Board could negotiate an outcome where they were found not guilty, but one or two individuals had to go down for having breached the spirit of the game then you'd have to consider it. The club's interests are obviously of most concern to me and having no fines or loss of draft picks would be EXTREMELY attractive.

If the club is found not guilty.... individuals are not sacrificed...it's one or the other.

• Like 1

I think 180 pokie machines are more important than draft picks.

Sorry Bob, but if we throw our employees under a bus as you suggest, we are finished as a club and are behaving in a reprehensible manner. How could we ever employ quality people to work for the good of the club if we shown no loyalty to our own?

If the so-called "scalps" have done nothing wrong we would be very ordinary people if we didn't defend them to the hilt.

• Like 4

its not a question, off to court.

fight on your feet, or die on your knees Tim.

we've been dying slowly for 45 Yrs.

Its time, "to stand for something".

Hope i never have to work for or with you Bob.

Youre too quick to make sacrifices, esp of those that were only doing the clubs bidding.

Im not one for having them face the cannon only to be shot in the back.

I sense you will now proffer , ah but for the greater good. But theres no good in treachery.

• Like 4

Gonzo, we tanked in that we tried to lose to Richmond, but some supporters won't acknowledge it, because of the argument over the definition of tanking. I assume they'd admit it over a beer, but maybe not.

I agree with others though in that we have to fight this all the way. Being found guilty has too many consequences and imo it should be very difficult to prove, unless there's evidence which is yet to come to light, i.e. emails, etc.

Also, one of the most important things any person, club, or entity can have in life is their reputation. I accept that whatever happens ours has been tarnished to a degree, but meekly accepting a guilty verdict has consequences and permeation's that will never be eradicated. That is not acceptable.

Gonzo, we tanked in that we tried to lose to Richmond, but some supporters won't acknowledge it, because of the argument over the definition of tanking. I assume they'd admit it over a beer, but maybe not.

I agree with others though in that we have to fight this all the way. Being found guilty has too many consequences and imo it should be very difficult to prove, unless there's evidence which is yet to come to light, i.e. emails, etc.

Also, one of the most important things any person, club, or entity can have in life is their reputation. I accept that whatever happens ours has been tarnished to a degree, but meekly accepting a guilty verdict has consequences and permeation's that will never be eradicated. That is not acceptable.

This is the bottom line.

Who steals my purse steals trash; 'tis something, nothing;

'Twas mine,'tis his, and has been slave to thousands;

But he that filches from me my good name

Robs me of that which not enriches him,

And makes me poor indeed.

Othello III.iii.157-61

• Like 2

Look, it's not preferable, but every option would be considered.

If we are not guilty you do not send men to the firing squad.

It is time this club and supporters stood as one, those who do not want that better pack up and leave in the next few days...

Montgomery Burns would sacrifice employees for a not guilty charge....

• Like 4