• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Training - Wednesday 7th November, 2012

Whispering_Jack

This thread is entitled , "training Wednesday 7th November " but there's not one word about training.

This place is getting weirder by the day.ha ha.

From Nick48

TRAINING 7th November 2012

Got to training a few minutes late – could have missed the whole session as they were using the ground Collingw&%$ usually train on.

Just a few observations:

Session started with handball drills and a bit of kick to kick.

RODAN – at today’s session – didn’t do a lot in the first part, mainly encouraging the players that did some time trails – did a few half laps later running against Garland, was good, outpaced him (twice), joined in a later match simulation practice – worked around the pack hard.

Will admit have been a RODAN fan for a long time, seems to be fitting in well with the team, his experience will an asset to the younger players, and older as well.

TYNAN – HOGAN and one other short session then gone, just a bit of ball work.

JONES and TAPSCOTT – bit of ball work, short session, then over to the other ground for a bit and running and sprint work, spent most of the session there before coming back to the main group, they then did a couple of time trails, good stuff. Would like to see JONES and RODAN do a time trail together – they both move so very well.

A fair bit of time was spent on laps, they split into two groups, and they did three sessions around the oval.

McDONALD - led one group in the first couple, slowed a bit in the last, WATTS held up the back of the filed in all three – don’t see this as his forte, very much the same as last year.

The other group was led by at one point by MAGNER and SELLAR – this group chopped and changed a bit, but the two holding up the end didn’t HOWE and BLEASE.

BLEASE didn’t do well in this last year and nothing much has changed this year, a couple of coaches ran with him to help him along - the same was done with WATTS.

STRAUSS – watched him doing laps, stayed in the middle for them, was expecting a bit more from him; this has to be his year.

FRAWLEY – never seen him look better – fitter.

JETTA – struggled I thought while not last still a bit of the pace.

When comparing this year to last as far as laps go not a lot has changed those who struggled last year are struggling this year, would have thought you would see some improvement over last year.

If you take as a positive that after the session, BLEASE didn’t look as if he was going to throw up.

DAVEY GRIMES GAWN and mcKENZIE arrived late at the session – did a very short handball session and then they were gone. I didn’t really see the point.

SYLVIA, BARTRAM and CLARK not at session, still a couple of others to comeback from holidays, will be back for Monday’s session.

CRAIG –spending time with WATTS – very much as he did last year, good to see, for my money he has been very good for the club.

All in all I wouldn’t say that it was a hard session – compared to the sessions this time last year, maybe they are fitter as GRIMES says.

Still very early in the pre-season and not much to see yet, at this point I don’t expect to see the totally hard sessions of last year; I think we have learnt a lot from that. They have has 12 months to learn, as always the NAB cup will give us an idea.

Not all players get a mention – some just blended into the group.

That’s it for now, hope I haven’t left anything out.

cheers

• Like 4

Tempted to get a Demonolgy account to ask Nick about the training. Is it possible that guys like Watts and Blease have improved in their fitness but that those who were already ahead of them have remained there? Was the training looking easier because they are getting better at it?

From Nick48

TRAINING 7th November 2012

BLEASE didn't do well in this last year and nothing much has changed this year, a couple of coaches ran with him to help him along - the same was done with WATTS.

If you take as a positive that after the session, BLEASE didn't look as if he was going to throw up.

On Monday I saw one of the same sessions last year where Blease ran in a group with Gysberts and Gysberts had his measure. Blease struggled enormously. This year Blease looked a different runner. He kept pace with Bail over their 150-200 metre sprints in the first 5, or so, only to fall behind a couple of metres by the finish in the last few.

I didn't see today, so take note of Nick's report, but Blease is well advanced on last year. Obviously he has a way to go. And remember, some clubs haven't even started their preseason yet.

• Like 6

Guest José Mourinho

On Monday I saw one of the same sessions last year where Blease ran in a group with Gysberts and Gysberts had his measure. Blease struggled enormously. This year Blease looked a different runner. He kept pace with Bail over their 150-200 metre sprints in the first 5, or so, only to fall behind a couple of metres by the finish in the last few.

I didn't see today, so take note of Nick's report, but Blease is well advanced on last year. Obviously he has a way to go. And remember, some clubs haven't even started their preseason yet.

I saw exactly the same thing on Monday.

Blease has made strides.

I agree that blease will be well advanced, but the 150-200m would be more suited to his burst of speed you would think than a 400m hence his competitiveness with bail. I think bail is more of a 400-800m runner with sustained speed. None the less if blease continues to work hard he will build on his ability to sustain this effort over longer distances.

Be interesting to see who was in what group, and I thought watts had reasonably good cardio? Interesting

Having read the reports from Monday and now yesterday the picture I'm seeing with Blease is that he has made great strides with his fitness. Misson stratifies the players according to their running ability so that thy are running against/with players who will stretch each other. The fact that Blease and Watts were last in their groups yeserday is not worrying to me if they are runnnjg against much faster players than they were last pre season which as I read it, very much seems the case.

For watts to be in the same group as T-Mac (our best runner)is very encouraging. Likewise Blease running with Bail

• Like 3

For watts to be in the same group as T-Mac (our best runner)is very encouraging. Likewise Blease running with Bail

Yes, though my knowledge of this kind of thing is at layman's level at absolute best, I took Blease being paired with Bail and remaining competitive as a very encouraging thing. Bail is one of the club's best runners in both speed and endurance; but Blease should have him covered for burst speed. Blease's goal I guess should be to build his endurance up to a point where his burst advantage will allow him to beat Bail in these events.

Makes sense to me anyway.

I think we have now sorted out the Wheat from the Chaff, so the players that are now at the club are fully commited to working their butts off for success.

• Like 3