FAREWELL JORDAN GYSBERTS

mdemonski2

Potential is the peak that you could reach, if you have the drive to deal with everything that may stop you reaching that peak.

It seems with some players they have the potential for a high peak, but not the drive to do whats required to get there.

Other players don't have the same potential, but heaps of drive.

Players with both become champions.

Potential is only something some people THINK someone MIGHT be sometime in the FUTURE

It's not unfilled reality. There is zero reality when stated (guessed) as potential.

If it does come to pass sometime in the future then it becomes a good guess in retrospect.

One person's potential is another person's spud

Every young draftee from the TAC system is "deemed" to have potential otherwise he wouldn't be there

It's a useless, meaningless tag

The way i see it is if he's not committed or seems to lack the determination to work hard enough to be an afl player or a player at this club then Neeld will send him packing.

Which i doubt is true, for a young "fresh" player to not be as committed as ever and willing to work hard to make at this level is hard to believe. I think the club should really work to turn this around like they seemingly have with Blease, Similar things where said about him.

What makes good culture is a club that is willing to put in the time and effort to turn young players into 10 year players and rid of their bad habits and groom them into professionals, lets not forget his broken jaw and ankle injury that kept him out for most of the year.

What id like to see is the club try stick with Gysberts as id hate to see him be traded for a 3rd to 4th round pick and turn into a good player else where. Which has obviously happened before.

Having said that im on board the Neeld crew so il back them to make the right call :)

• Like 3

People writing training reports have their own agenda?

Come on, stuie.

He has not impressed those that matter and that is why there are rumours flying about.

He is talented and we can always use talented players but let's hold our players to a higher standard.

It's up to Jordan.

Gys has to want to put in the hard work so far he hasnt and it reflects in his poor games which leads to people on here questioning his attitude

neeld gave him a year to show unfortunately he was injured

I for one would give him another year in the absence of a good trade

This bloke on the Herald Sun trading board is an idiot! About an hour ago says that Gysberts will find a new home as he''s out of favour. Has now just said that there's a good chance he'll stay!

I wouldn't pay attention to anything that comes from there.

And there's the rub of it.

We are all just guessing what is fact and what isn't in relation to Gys. Unless someone can give me a direct quote from Team Neeld that says he is not part of our future and we want him out, then we'll just have to accept that he has a year on his contract to go.

We will know very shortly what the FD thinks of him.

• Like 2

Gysberts is going nowhere.

I can't believe this all stemmed from some ridiculous article a month ago in the Herald Sun saying he would be shipped out.

The club and Jordan must just be shaking their head at how gullible the general public is.

Gys has to want to put in the hard work so far he hasnt and it reflects in his poor games which leads to people on here questioning his attitude

neeld gave him a year to show unfortunately he was injured

I for one would give him another year in the absence of a good trade

Really sick and tired of this kind of cheap shot rumour mongering. You've been at every training session and meeting inside the club have you "jackaub"? FFS.

• Like 1

Potential is only something some people THINK someone MIGHT be sometime in the FUTURE

It's not unfilled reality. There is zero reality when stated (guessed) as potential.

If it does come to pass sometime in the future then it becomes a good guess in retrospect.

Every young draftee from the TAC system is "deemed" to have potential otherwise he wouldn't be there

I mispoke - unfulled reality is an oxymoron (as opposed to me who is just a moron) - simply put - its indicators of what could be but not necessarily what will happen.

I mispoke - unfulled reality is an oxymoron (as opposed to me who is just a moron) - simply put - its indicators of what could be but not necessarily what will happen.

Don't be so hard on yourself nut.

Potential just seems to be a useless term tossed around on land too often

all players on the list have some potential or they wouldn't be there

and in the end any reference to potential in a particular player who is languishing is nothing more than an opinion (of disappointment or hope)

Really sick and tired of this kind of cheap shot rumour mongering. You've been at every training session and meeting inside the club have you "jackaub"? FFS.

]

Cheap shot...FMD.

This is not cheap shot rumor anything - it is people putting together limited information to try and figure out what is going on. Unlike what you are doing, which is being contrary and rude because you can.

It is clear that there have been really serious problems at melbourne. Problems around attitude and work ethic. Gysberts doesn't appear much bigger or fitter than when he started. Lots of people who watch the game agree. I remember posters on 'ology commenting a couple of years ago that Gysberts struggled to run and looked exhausted quickly. People have observed coaches getting in to him and blease about running.

And then you get blease coming out in an article recently saying that he got fit and did what the coaches said and got into the side. Couch did, magner did..hell even evans was close before further injury. Gys was in once or twice and then out again. Concerns about his fitness are not new. - and a number of reputable posters notice his poor running in games for melbourne and casey. Then there are genuine rumors about attitude.

Being snide just makes oyu look snide. This may well be accurate...but it is not helping your argument.

• Like 2

]

Cheap shot...FMD.

This is not cheap shot rumor anything - it is people putting together limited information to try and figure out what is going on. Unlike what you are doing, which is being contrary and rude because you can.

It is clear that there have been really serious problems at melbourne. Problems around attitude and work ethic. Gysberts doesn't appear much bigger or fitter than when he started. Lots of people who watch the game agree. I remember posters on 'ology commenting a couple of years ago that Gysberts struggled to run and looked exhausted quickly. People have observed coaches getting in to him and blease about running.

And then you get blease coming out in an article recently saying that he got fit and did what the coaches said and got into the side. Couch did, magner did..hell even evans was close before further injury. Gys was in once or twice and then out again. Concerns about his fitness are not new. - and a number of reputable posters notice his poor running in games for melbourne and casey. Then there are genuine rumors about attitude.

Being snide just makes oyu look snide. This may well be accurate...but it is not helping your argument.

Rumours are for weak minded people. So it's up to you how into them you want to get.

Dustin Fletcher isn't any bigger than when he started, does he have an attitude problem too?

People have observed coaches getting into him? Geez that never happens in footy.... :wacko:

The real "cheap shots" are the ones throwing around hearsay about a 21 year old MFC player as fact when in reality they know nothing.

Edited by stuie

]

Cheap shot...FMD.

I hate rumours but I do know for fact Jordan has NOT bought in and taken feedback on board.

There are hundreds of talented kids each year who miss out - he has been given an opportunity. If he stays he has alot to prove. If he goes he has bought this on himself.

• Like 1

I hate rumours but I do know for fact Jordan has NOT bought in and taken feedback on board.

There are hundreds of talented kids each year who miss out - he has been given an opportunity. If he stays he has alot to prove. If he goes he has bought this on himself.

Lol I hate rumours but here's one without any kind of source or information to back it up.... FMD.

It's like those people that say, "I'm not a racist, but...."

Lol I hate rumours but here's one without any kind of source or information to back it up.... FMD.

I hate rumours so I gave you a fact would you like me to now announce the source?

Believe what you like you will come to your own conclusions despite the facts.

This is hardly a place to post evidence is it.

Stu, it's thing again about learning which posters you can believe when they give pieces of information. Footynut is another that I'd back. Of course it's silly to believe everyone and everything, but I reckon you're around enough to build a good enough picture.

I also think there's a difference between rumour and speculation. Making up information and spreading it around the information is a rumour. Taking snippets of factual information (or even mixing facts in with some rumours) to try and built a picture when the picture isn't complete is speculation. Anyone who knowingly spreads a false rumour is a flog. Anyone who believes every rumour they hear on the internet is gullible. But people who try to draw conclusions based on the morsels of information we get on the internet are what makes sites like this interesting. If there was no room for speculation on the forum, which you seem to be rallying against, we may as well shut this site down at this time of year.

• Like 1

Good post. And as usual it will be missed where it is needed most.

Is "potential" this season's "bleeds red and blue"?

Yes, all young draftees are deemed to have potential, but I'd argue potential is a dynamic beast. In the first few months/years of a player's career, the potential shown can increase or it can wane.

Case in point would be Petterd. Everyone thought he had bucketloads of potential after his breakout match against the Pies, but that belief in him has greatly diminished ever since.

In this sense I don't find it to be a meaningless tag, but I take your point on its flimsy connection with reality.

I'd disagree with your first part Nasher. I'd think it fair to say that anyone who gives "facts" without any source or real substance to back it up can be assumed as speading rumours. This is the internet, lack of fact is a given.

I know for a fact that Gys has bought in and wants to succeed desperately. Do you believe me? You'd be foolish if you did unless I gave it some substance. Anonymous keyboard heroes with no sources = rumourmongers.

Edited by Moonshadow
  • Like 1

Guest José Mourinho

Stu, it's thing again about learning which posters you can believe when they give pieces of information. Footynut is another that I'd back. Of course it's silly to believe everyone and everything, but I reckon you're around enough to build a good enough picture.

I also think there's a difference between rumour and speculation. Making up information and spreading it around the information is a rumour. Taking snippets of factual information (or even mixing facts in with some rumours) to try and built a picture when the picture isn't complete is speculation. Anyone who knowingly spreads a false rumour is a [censored]. Anyone who believes every rumour they hear on the internet is gullible. But people who try to draw conclusions based on the morsels of information we get on the internet are what makes sites like this interesting. If there was no room for speculation on the forum, which you seem to be rallying against, we may as well shut this site down at this time of year.

Only at this time of year?

Anyway, along with HG, I put a lot of weight in footynut's posts.

There are some very good posters on this forum who I respect, but I still take some of their 'insider' claims with a grain of salt.

Those 2 above-mentioned posters have as much integrity as is possible, as far as anonymous contributors via the internet.

Guest José Mourinho

I'd disagree with your first part Nasher. I'd think it fair to say that anyone who gives "facts" without any source or real substance to back it up can be assumed as speading rumours. This is the internet, lack of fact is a given.

I know for a fact that Gys has bought in and wants to succeed desperately. Do you believe me? You'd be foolish if you did unless I gave it some substance. Anonymous keyboard heroes with no sources = rumourmongers.

Saying you buy-in and desperately want to succeed, and proving it with your actions, are 2 separate things.

I think it'd be fair to say there was a point where Gysberts had not bought-in, and even if he has since, I'm not sure we'd be able to recognise it yet.

The preseason will prove it either way.

On available evidence, Jordie is being shopped around for a worse pick than we paid to recruit him.

That seems to indicate to me that the MFC are disappointed in his progress/attitude/whatever, despite injuries etc...

The coach creates an environment where professional sportsmen can be successfull, the individual players can then take full advantage of this environment, or not.

Would be a shame if Jordie chose not to.

Errr " available evidence"??? That would be zero then.

But if you mean innuendo and speculation then he is a goner.

• Like 2

Won't comment on the merits or otherwise of the 'rumour' but there are hundreds of talented kids who play footy that don't make it for whatever reason. And interestingly lots who don't have the 'natural ability' but rather a fierce desire such, as a Magner. A lot of juniors are superstars at the lower level but get to the big league and don't cut it because they have never had to work hard before - particularly on their defensive skills. Most gun kids play in the midfield or forward line so defensive skills are not usually required until they get to senior footy,

I hope the Gys makes it. Not only to stick it up McLean but I think he has a ball getting ability that we could use.....

• Like 1