From the bottom of a sauce bottle – 3 way trade

Number 2

20 for Dawes and 45 for Fay is enough.

Why are we including Martin in this lop sided deal? He is the most damaging of those 3 players...

Maybe to get Pick 39 back?

With Dawes and Hogan coming in and Fitzpatrick to develop further the FD may have though we needed to move Martin on while the iron was hot and reckon we can still land a good mid inside the top 40 of the draft.

Why are we including Martin in this lop sided deal? He is the most damaging of those 3 players...

Possibly, but for who?

He will be a very handy pickup for the Saints.... but I am trying to work out how useful he will be for the Dees next year? With some of the players coming into our club, I can't see Martin getting too many games.

You have to give something up to get something. Otherwise you might as well be EssendonFC and sit in the corner wondering why no one wants to deal with them.

Pederson for a 2nd round pick.

We don't have an available 2nd round pick unless the above deal goes through. (our 2nd rounder is committed to JV)

Does this mean that Nudge is right and the deal I heard about at 9am this morning is close to complete?

Go Dees!

Edited by Number 2
  • Like 2

What does every one think about this?

Isnt he a similar Sellar/Martin Type

Dont we need Mids??

Possibly similar to Martin, but if the other trade is occuring, then we don't have Martin on our list anymore.

Martin struck me as an athlete that was struggling to learn how to play football. I think Pedersen is a more natural footballer, and I think would be a more productive forward alternating in the ruck with Jamar than Dawes.

Gut feel is Leigh Brown and Neeld if they get Dawes will play him as a forward alongside Clark, neither of these guys will be rucking too much.

We will have the pick 39 still live. I like it. For 39 you get a proven kpf that has been starved of opportunity. Wouldn't be shocked of we got better value from Pedersen than dawes.

We don't have an available 2nd round pick unless the above deal goes through. (our 2nd rounder is committed to JV)

Does this mean that Nudge is right and the deal I heard about at 9am this morning is close to complete?

Go Dees!

Didn't that article say that it wouldnt occur till later on, and most likely after MFC find out what they get for Moloney and possibly Rivers as FA's leaving the club. (bearing in mind we have offset that with Shannon Byrnes. But perhaps an end of second round pick is what we would look at.)

• Like 1

Jesus H Christ. Martin is so ridiculously overrated. What has he done besides looking like a footballer and having good specs on paper? Was found out badly against Freo when Jamar went down.

• Like 4

Looks like its happened...Pederson Dawes and Farren Ray.

Totally new look team for 2013

Plus Byrnes, Barry Viney and Wines orToumpas

Cant bloody wait!!

• Like 3

IMO - Pedersen is seen as a competent back-up ruck/forward which would mean that Martin is surplus to requirements.

Dawes doesn't want to ruck from what I have heard and so these two deals could be done.

I belive this contradicts an earlier post I wrote yesterday but if Pedersen comes into Martin's position then he and Dawes can co-exist.

Time will tell whether this is all going to happen though...

Go Dees!

It's to be a second round compo pick.

I do not understand this emphasize on trading for talls. Why are we not in the running for Clinton Young? Our midfield was atrocious last year and at the moment I cant see that much is being done to change that.

I do not understand this emphasize on trading for talls. Why are we not in the running for Clinton Young? Our midfield was atrocious last year and at the moment I cant see that much is being done to change that.

LOL New tactics. We are going to attack from half-back and bypass the midfield

• Like 2

Looks like its happened...Pederson Dawes and Farren Ray.

Totally new look team for 2013

Plus Byrnes, Barry Viney and Wines orToumpas

Cant bloody wait!!

What if Whitfield, Toumpas and Wines are the first 3 picks. Do we take Grundy.

Edited by Theo
  • Like 1

What if Whitfield, Toumpas and Wines are the first 3 picks. Do we take Grundy.

GWS wont be that crazy , considering they are about to lose Giles to Adelaide.

Geez Oli - Get over it. These guys know exactly what they're doing. Leave them to it. Go Dees!