Hows it all Looking

Parma

After Day 3 of the TRADE MONTH, this is what I see so far;

DAWES, WELLINGHAM and BYRNES will wear red and blue next season.

RIVERS and MALONEY gone for 3rd round compensation picks.

VINEY will cost us pick 3. (and win next years NAB rising Star).

IN MY OPINION;

DAWES and WELLINGHAM will cost us MARTIN and pick 13 in exchange for Collingwoods first round pick.

So we will have draft picks 4, 22ish and 3 x third round picks plus 4th round picks.

Too early to call I say.

Too many rumours, most of them from unreliable sources.

I will say that I am thoroughly enjoying it all though and have my bucket of popcorn on my lap ready to see what each day brings.

Good to see we are starting to throw ourselves around a big too and indulge in some mind games i.e with Viney.

Haven't seen that for a while.

Edited by The Song Formerly Known As

IN MY OPINION;

DAWES and WELLINGHAM will cost us MARTIN and pick 13 in exchange for Collingwoods first round pick.

So we will have draft picks 4, 22ish and 3 x third round picks plus 4th round picks.

Jeez I hope you are somewhere near right. Pick 4 would give me an awefull sick feeling. We have had a very long time to think about this and are in the drivers seat. Getting jumpy and handing pick 4 early in the trading period, over for two 'non elites' particularly with Collingwood having cap issues would bother me. It should be they being placed under pressure re recent hefty signings leaving them uncomfortable.Would suggest a rethink if thats where our current thinking is, however we must have faith in those pulling the levers and I like the patience idea.

Let's face it, Viney is going to cost us pick 3. But in the end he is worth it, so let's not worry about a competitive advantage, or the ducks and drakes, let's just hope they do the right thing.

Viney will cost us 3.

Brody Grundy or Toumpus at 4.

Byrnes will be more than handy

Dawes or Martin - Big Stef every day of the week! But if he wants out or the coach is not a fan, then that whole scenario with Wellingham and picks would be alright.

Read the FA rules dude. We get one pick based on the overall value of players lost and gained. There will be no multiple third round picks. Also, a third round pick is the lowest compo available. Are you really saying that Rivers and Moloney are in the bottom tier and won't be worth any more than that?

Also, I don't see us getting Wellingham. He seems pretty set on WA or staying a pie. I would say that anything we pay to lure him to Melbourne would be way over what he's worth and as such is not something we want to do.

Read the FA rules dude. We get one pick based on the overall value of players lost and gained. There will be no multiple third round picks. Also, a third round pick is the lowest compo available. Are you really saying that Rivers and Moloney are in the bottom tier and won't be worth any more than that?

Also, I don't see us getting Wellingham. He seems pretty set on WA or staying a pie. I would say that anything we pay to lure him to Melbourne would be way over what he's worth and as such is not something we want to do.

I keep hearing this mentioned but it doesn't make sense to me. It would mean that a team could theoretically lose 10 A grade free agents and only get 1 pick back.

Can anyone point to an article with more info on this?

IN MY OPINION;

DAWES and WELLINGHAM will most likely cost us pick 4.. there are rumours circulating from that (source: social media)

That is if we are willing to give up pick 4.

Brynes comes for free

My next say is that Martin to collingwood for 2nd round pick.

Rivers and Moloney for compensation picks.

Viney is only a maybe to take pick 3. I have been edging further and further away to thinking melbourne will take Viney with our first pick.

but i dont believe we will get Wellingham

Edited by Grimseyisgod

I keep hearing this mentioned but it doesn't make sense to me. It would mean that a team could theoretically lose 10 A grade free agents and only get 1 pick back.

Can anyone point to an article with more info on this?

Here

The section on compensation:

Compensation

Clubs will be compensated by way of draft picks if they are deemed to have a net loss in the free agency period. The compensation falls into one of five categories - a first-round pick immediately following the club's first round pick, an end of first-round pick, a second-round pick immediately after the club's second round pick, an end of second-round pick or a third-round pick immediately after the club's third round selection.

Here

The section on compensation:

It's a bit vague and ambiguous however it does mention picks as opposed to a pick.

I just can't fathom that clubs will only get one pick. Another example could be that a club loses 1 A grader and another loses 3 A graders but they both only get 1 first round pick.

• Like 1