Austin Wonaeamirri

Guest Rassilon

Agreed.

80% of the time I was there watching him .. er train? (most times he was injured or lacked fitness) he was about 4 kegs over weight.

If he struggled with fitness under bailey, he will have a cardiac under Neeld and Co. No doubt about his talent, more worried about applying himself.

If he has his head in the right spot now, wouldnt hurt to give him another crack. Then we wont die wondering.

...was that really 4kegs, or a typo??

Twenty-something goals in his first year in a terrible forward line and a frequent goal kicker when fit the following years.

If fit, I'd welcome him back with open arms.

IF and a big IF he can get up to the required fitness, and maintain it, AND is prepared to fully commit to MFC AFL then bring him on, rookie list if possible, or on a minimum performance based contract.

I wonder if his interest has anything at all to do with Liam's troubles -- a great comeback on his part would certainly do a lot to promote Territorian footy.

I think one definite recruit will be a 'ready to go' small forward, possibly on the rookie list, and if that is Aussie then great. He needs to show that he is fit enough and has the desire to do the hard work, and that is the big question that we have no idea about.

A fully fit Wonna would be a good addition to our list IMO. I think his pace and 'spark' were a tad overrated, but the thing I loved about Wonna was that while his kick wasn't overly penetrating, it was as deadly accurate as anyones. He rarely missed a target or set shot.

Aussie would need to demonstrate he's prepared to build a midfielders engine, able to run all day.

Be interesting to know if he had a chat with Mark Neeld about what (if anything) he'd need to do to gain a spot back on Melbournes list.

He is a pedigree talent with huge question marks about his hunger to do the hard work required to realise his talent.

It would be a Cinderella story if he did come back!

• Like 1

Every player we draft is a gamble, Aussie has his pro's and con's like all.

I'd risk a late pick (50+) if he demonstrated his hunger prior to draft (i.e. major fitness bootcamp)...

Every player we draft is a gamble, Aussie has his pro's and con's like all.

I'd risk a late pick (50+) if he demonstrated his hunger prior to draft (i.e. major fitness bootcamp)...

Fair call. Just think that if we lost that gamble and he walked out again it would really hurt us as a club given the hurt we've endured over the last year or so.

Didn't really mean gamble as a player as much, totally agree with your point about the draft etc.

I agree with stuie - the cost would be low but so too would the probability of success. Aussie has proven unequivocally that he doesn't have the stomach for the workload required to play AFL nor the inclination to live in Melbourne. I loved Aussie and I hoped he'd make it, but this would be a complete waste of time and money.

• Like 1

The guy was an average player in his time at the MFC

IMO he played half a dozen good games

The rest of the time he was injured / unfit.

At the end of last year he was not even returning Neelds calls.

So was delisted.

Happy he comes and see a few of his mates.

IMO that page has been turned was high maitaince in the past.

Lets move on and use draft / rookie picks on someone who's heart is in it.

• Like 1

I agree with stuie - the cost would be low but so too would the probability of success. Aussie has proven unequivocally that he doesn't have the stomach for the workload required to play AFL nor the inclination to live in Melbourne. I loved Aussie and I hoped he'd make it, but this would be a complete waste of time and money.

agreed, if he found bailey hard, well just imagine misson/neeld

• Like 5

Love the bloke but going on his form for the NT Thunder in the Northern Conference of the NEAFL where he's played only 4 games, the last in July.

I think the task of coming back is beyond him.

I'd say a season at Casey or the like is compulsory before even considering him for the rookie list.

Just watched the Robbo Show which had Aussie on as a guest in the Remember When segment... he won't be coming back!

He was catching up with the boys while he was in town doing some work.

Still passionate about the dees, playing a bit of footy and was happy he doesn't have to worry about skinfolds now!

Just watched the Robbo Show which had Aussie on as a guest in the Remember When segment... he won't be coming back!

Still passionate about the dees, playing a bit of footy and was happy he doesn't have to worry about skinfolds now!

That says it all

I agreeTLE he won't be back, skinfolds coupled with the fact that Magpie Geese are too delicious to give up are against us.

On another note please can someone enlighten me about the "No Rookies in 2013" issue what is that about? been reading it a couple of times on D'land and wondered what it is referring to.

Edited by Felix da Dee

Guest Rassilon

You never say never in AFL footy.