The list - who goes at the end of the year?

Soidee

I'd guess the following will stay:

Bail

Bartram

Jetta

Morton

Spencer

I think Morton has a year on his contract doesn't he?

Bartam works hard and I think the cub is erring on the side of hard work over 'potential'.

Spencer is playing with aggression and I'd think next year he'll need to come on but I would think they'd give him another season.

Jetta's injuries will give him more time too I think.

Let's be clear. I'm not advocating for any of these guys but I also think we have to be realistic about how deep we want to go in the draft and with trading. If we lose more than 7-8 I'd say we make it harder in the short term when injuries hit.

• Like 1

While I pretty much agree with the names you have listed, I get the sense this is a list of people you would move on at the end of the season, not necessarily who will be moved on as suggested by the 'all will be gone at seasons end'. For instance, I don't think there is any chance they are going to delist Bartram.

"IMO" = In my opinion ForestD.

You may be right about Bartram but I'd let him go if I were Neeld. Can't hit targets by foot which makes him too high a risk in today's footy.

"IMO" = In my opinion ForestD.

You may be right about Bartram but I'd let him go if I were Neeld. Can't hit targets by foot which makes him too high a risk in today's footy.

Obviously, but your comment still infers the you believe the club will delist/trade all those listed players, but they won't.

Bail

Bate

Bennell

Bartram

Dunn

Jetta

Morton

Petterd

Spencer

None of them are up to it. All will be gone at season's end IMO.

Add to that Green who should/must retire and Moloney who I reckon will walk and there's a huge Hardwick-esque clean-out coming. 10-11 players swept out the door.

Of the list you've put up I reckon Jetta and Spencer will be retained. Jetta still has much to offer (and from what I saw was OK first game back v Port), and Spencer I see us hanging onto more for coverage and depth. Bail seems to just get games, so he may be a favourite of Neelds.

In The Age article this morning Green spoke about the future and retirement, and he mentioned the words finals. So if is to retire I imagine we will be retiring him, and we know how well that worked out the last time we did that.

Is Bartram out of contract? If he is then I'd say it's unlikely he'll get another contract, sounds like his knee is shot. Shame too, may not be the most graceful or skilled player but one on one against small forwards he rarely got beaten. It's just wrong that he was so good in his first year and played every single game except the final.

If all those listed are coming out of contract then I can't see them in a Melbourne gurnsey next year. And those that aren't out of contract should be moved on if possible.

As for this stuff, I have a few inklings but we have apparently told all but Blease, Howe, and Jones (maybe a couple others) that we won't be talking contracts until October when we have a better idea of FA acquisitions, trades, and possible delistings from other clubs.

October is a tough month to be an AFL footy player...

Uncontracteds below (Fitz may be a year later but I can't find anything on that)

http://demonland.com/forums/index.php?/topic/30395-contracts/

Bail

Bate

Bennell

Bartram

Dunn

Jetta

Morton

Petterd

Spencer

Add to that Green who should/must retire and Moloney who I reckon will walk and there's a huge Hardwick-esque clean-out coming. 10-11 players swept out the door.

Morton is contracted for 2013 and unfortunately has no trade value. Otherwise you are correct.

I think your list is pretty good. I wrote this on the Brad Green thread:

"If you want to improve you have to get rid of the dead wood. And from this year we have stockpiled this stuff and alot it is 23+ and not much chop. I have the following players out the door (not in order of preference): Green (retired hopefully), Bate, Dunn, Petterd, Joel Mac, Bail, Gawn/Spencer/Martin (one of), Jetta and Sellar. This is before we make a decision on Cook, Gysberts, Morton, Beamer and Davey. I would only keep one of Magner or Couch and that would be as a rookie."

Note I have added Gawn to the rucks. We wont keep all three of them and only Martin has trade value if Neeld thinks he can make something of Gawn or Spencer. I reckon you can potentially add FItzpatrick to the consideration of his future.

If and I mean if (and I wouldnt!) MFC picked up McLean on a bottom line salary then I would get rid of Magner and Couch all together.

I would be surprised and disappointed if they did not cut at least 8 but up to 10 players at the end of season via the draft or delist.

"

• Like 1

Put a line through:

Bail

Bate

Bennell

Bartram

Dunn

Jetta

Morton

Petterd

Spencer

Bail Bate Bennell Bartram Dunn Jetta Morton Petterd Spencer

There you go, as requested. Is this topic done now?

On topic: Morton is contracted and I'd consider keeping Jetta. Other than that, I agree. 7 senior players, 8 if you count Jetta. Green will be gone allowing us to promote another veteran (I think) so that's one additional senior spot, plus I'd look at delisting another fringe player like Joel Macdonald.

Edit: I also don't reckon the club shares your view on Bartram unless his knee is really buggered

Edited by Nasher
  • Like 2

Bring on December and the joy of anticipation of the threads with: "we might be turning the corner with this list and the new fitness team", "so and so is champing at the bit for a big preseason"....

We'll be absolutely flying Cards13.

Bail

Bate

Bennell

Bartram

Dunn

Jetta

Morton

Petterd

Spencer

Range Rover=believes in Neeld and nothing else. Did you happen to see Bartram's last game? Rip out all the deck chairs and put new ones in:) Boat will still sink RR.

Bail Bate Bennell Bartram Dunn Jetta Morton Petterd Spencer

There you go, as requested. Is this topic done now?

On topic: Morton is contracted and I'd consider keeping Jetta. Other than that, I agree. 7 senior players, 8 if you count Jetta. Green will be gone allowing us to promote another veteran (I think) so that's one additional senior spot, plus I'd look at delisting another fringe player like Joel Macdonald.

Edit: I also don't reckon the club shares your view on Bartram unless his knee is really buggered

Inclined to agree on the above points you make on Jetta & Bartram. I'd also guess the FD would be looking at Jetta over the remainder 'til seasons end. The other hard decision could be made on Davey.

joel mac, Green(retired), Davey(retired), Fitzpatrick, Sellar, Couch and Bennell (sad call after knee), Bail.

hope we keep Leigh Wiliams. He had a shocking run with illness and injury this year and could be a surprise packet and play the role we all want Cloke to play next year.

Range Rover=believes in Neeld and nothing else. Did you happen to see Bartram's last game? Rip out all the deck chairs and put new ones in:) Boat will still sink RR.

No, I just believe Neeld deserves a chance to work with tools of his own choosing.

Bailey was afforded this luxury, as was Daniher before him.

Time to ditch the Titanic and create a new vessell in his own image.

As for this stuff, I have a few inklings but we have apparently told all but Blease, Howe, and Jones (maybe a couple others) that we won't be talking contracts until October when we have a better idea of FA acquisitions, trades, and possible delistings from other clubs.

October is a tough month to be an AFL footy player...

Uncontracteds below (Fitz may be a year later but I can't find anything on that)

http://demonland.com...0395-contracts/

I assume that they are delaying the named players because they want to be able to given them the best deals they can having regard to who we end up with.

Frankly i cant see that we will get rid of 10 players we would have to recruit amazingly well to do that. For mine we should give Jetta a go now and see. Spencer is improving and unless he is used in a trade will stay on. It appear Bail and Bartram are thought by Neeld to be worthy. Joel Macdonald has been amongst our best players in the past few weeks and his endeavour is really good. I has a clanger most matches but I think Neeld would see him as a money ball type. he will not be delisted. I think we will see is more players of the Sellar type being signed if we are to turn over 10 plus players

• Like 1

They won't get rid of Bartram, Bail, or Jetta. I'm not a Bail fan due to his turnovers, but they like his pace and he'll have a crack.

Jetta made some mistakes in his first game back from a long lay off due to injury, but he had a great game for Casey the week before and even against Port he showed that he's nimble, has a knack of getting the footy and his pace is actually pretty decent; and certainly better than some have given him fredit for. Supporters [censored] and moan about every skill error, but coaches don't. They tend to look at what a player brings to the table and what they can do, rather than spending their life worrying about the odd errant kick, or poor decision. Jetta has talent to work with.

• Like 2

I assume that they are delaying the named players because they want to be able to given them the best deals they can having regard to who we end up with.

Frankly i cant see that we will get rid of 10 players we would have to recruit amazingly well to do that. For mine we should give Jetta a go now and see. Spencer is improving and unless he is used in a trade will stay on. It appear Bail and Bartram are thought by Neeld to be worthy. Joel Macdonald has been amongst our best players in the past few weeks and his endeavour is really good. I has a clanger most matches but I think Neeld would see him as a money ball type. he will not be delisted. I think we will see is more players of the Sellar type being signed if we are to turn over 10 plus players

Sellar=can't kick , can't run, can't mark.

The way I see it, we will need to delist or trade at least 6 players at the end of the season. This makes room for:

Pick 3 (Toumpas)

Pick 4 (Grundy)

Pick 12 (Garlett)

Pick 25'ish (Viney)

Pick 40'ish (best available)

Upgrade Nicholson to the senior list.

This means no Cloke, and no upgrades for Magner, Evans or Couch. No picks in the PSD either.

The players I think we should delist or trade are:

Petterd

Bail

Spencer

J. Macdonald

Bate

Dunne

I would like to see Morton, Jetta, Green, Davey, Moloney and Sylvia get another year, and keep Bennell on the list. I'm sure many would disagree with this.

If we can get something for any of the players on the de-list list great but best we could hope for is to upgrade our 3rd round pick.

The unknowns for me are if Green and/or Davey can go on to the veterans list, does this create another spot on the list? And if Bennell is on the long term injury list, do we have to include him next season on our senior list?

MARK NEELD. We currently have a percentage worse than 2008. We are the easiest team in the comp to play, not the hardest. LAST WEEK WE LOST TO PORT????!!!

OMG! WE HAVE A NEW TONATOPIA !!! EXCLAMATION MARK!!!!!!

No, I just believe Neeld deserves a chance to work with tools of his own choosing.

Bailey was afforded this luxury, as was Daniher before him.

Time to ditch the Titanic and create a new vessell in his own image.

Fair enough! Hope you're right!! Must admit the passion he displayed closing minutes of the Bombers game was inspiring. Hei RR. Bartram starred in his last match before injury. Played like a man possessed. Please take him off your "cannon fodder" list,

snapback.pngDee_Flower, on 27 July 2012 - 11:15 AM, said:

I doubt that Jurrah will be back, regardless of the outcome of his trial

What's with comments of this ilk?? Still no explanation forthcoming?

Funny how people say the midfield is our problem and then list 3 backmen, 3 forwards, 2 wings and a ruck as our "line through" players...

Not saying you're wrong, about some, but strange isn't it?

IMO, these will probably stay from that list:

Spencer (with Fitzy - Diabetes, and Gawn - 2 knee recos, our only other backups to Jamar/Martin, I think he'll be safe unless we can trade for another ruck)

Bail (reckon he's shown a little bit, and who would be a Neeld stye of player, plus has more potential than Bartram IMO)

Bartram (in the leadership group, so probably won't get cut)

Morton (contracted, no interest from other clubs, will play at Casey for the year)

Jetta (has something we lack, speed)

Green and Davey may both retire, and there will probably be a trade of one of our decent players that none of us saw coming.

Oh and MASSIVE facepalm to anyone suggesting we get Brock, what a zippy midfield we'd have with Magner, Couch, Trengove, and Brock zooming around....

• Like 1