Injury List - Round 4

BarrassHarrass

Can anyone shed some light on how far away the following players are: Moloney, Sylvia and Jurrah?

It was my understanding that Col was hopeful he would return this round. At least that was his initial aim. How wfar off is he?

Also Moloney, I am not even sure what his injury is. But is he a chance for recall this week? I would love for him to be playing in this match. Long time Dee's supporter, reckon he would be up and about to play on Sunday.

Finally, Liam ... where is he, is his wrist heeled? When will he have a run at Casey? Etc etc

Sorry if these questions have been answered already i am sorry, having trouble finding any info from the club or elsewhere atm.

Edited by Demonland

Lucas Cook (groin) - 1 week

Michael Evans (back) - indefinite

Max Gawn (knee) - season

Jordan Gysberts (ankle) - 3 weeks

Neville Jetta (ankle) - indefinite

Liam Jurrah (wrist) - 2 weeks

Brent Moloney (groin) - test

James Strauss (leg) - 1 week

Col Sylvia (back) - 2 weeks

Rory Taggert (back) - 2 weeks

GTG can you explain something to my failing brain please

"and emerging tall Lucas Cook (groin) will miss another two matches,"

This line appears in the text of the story on injuries but 5 lines later in the same story list Cook as 1 week?

Also "emerging" from what?

- lost in the wilderness of injury and little training in the pre season?

- emerging from the depression of being selected by the Dees two years ago?

GTG can you explain something to my failing brain please

"and emerging tall Lucas Cook (groin) will miss another two matches,"

This line appears in the text of the story on injuries but 5 lines later in the same story list Cook as 1 week?

Also "emerging" from what?

- lost in the wilderness of injury and little training in the pre season?

- emerging from the depression of being selected by the Dees two years ago?

My guess is that no matter the numerical figure given to how long Cook is injured for, a new injury will sprout up just as this one has healed making it pointless to be firm with time frames.

My guess is that no matter the numerical figure given to how long Cook is injured for, a new injury will sprout up just as this one has healed making it pointless to be firm with time frames.

Then why include him in the story?

Smells of desperately seeking a positive to me.

how is a story on a kid who has not played a senior game yet ( in fact not even close ) coming back from injury with no fitness level going to achieve anything?

I am not having a go at you, it just an ordinary store

Then why include him in the story?

Smells of desperately seeking a positive to me.

how is a story on a kid who has not played a senior game yet ( in fact not even close ) coming back from injury with no fitness level going to achieve anything?

I am not having a go at you, it just an ordinary store

Supporters want to know what is happening with our former #12 pick. Not unreasonable to include him in the story, IMO. It would be nice to see him play a few good games in the VFL this season to show us that our recruiting wasn't COMPLETELY off the mark.

Supporters want to know what is happening with our former #12 pick. Not unreasonable to include him in the story, IMO. It would be nice to see him play a few good games in the VFL this season to show us that our recruiting wasn't COMPLETELY off the mark.

I guess you are right there is not much elase to talk about.

I have this vision of the Marketing department at the MFc arriving at work each morning.

First item on the list find a positive to talk about.

After 3 hours search they come up with lets say our 2010 no. 12 pick might play sometime in May!

Poor buggers i hope they are well paid it must be a soul destroying job.

• Like 1

Jurrah had the pin or whatever it was removed from his wrist weeks ago supposedly greatly alleviating the problems he was having. Surely his fitness is good enough to have a half at Casey by now,even in the reserves?

Jurrah did his wrist on the last weekend of August 2011. I can't believe he still hasn't recovered from that. What a stuff up that's been.

Are you a doctor?

Dont get burned by your torch now. Should we play him injured?

Jurrah had the pin or whatever it was removed from his wrist weeks ago supposedly greatly alleviating the problems he was having. Surely his fitness is good enough to have a half at Casey by now,even in the reserves?

How would you know?

Jurrah has bigger issues to deal with in Court. So pushing him through may be unnecessary.

Possibly, but his strength might not be there. It's a bit difficult to lift weights with a bad wrist.

I had a broken wrist with it in plaster for 4 weeks. After that time it was significantly smaller than my other. It takes time to build the muscles back up.

I never said that, I think you've misinterpreted what I was saying. It would be good to see him play well in the VFL this season because by now a 1 round draft pick from 2010 should be making a push for senior selection if they aren't already playing AFL.

Are you a doctor?

How would you know?

Jurrah has bigger issues to deal with in Court. So pushing him through may be unnecessary.

Very good at telling people what they don.t know . What is it that you actually know or can constructively add to the conversation? Its pretty obvious I am speculating

Are they going to try bringing him back before the court case in May? Or are they just going to try and get his fitness levels up and keep around the club until then as his mind will obviously be focused on other things.

Guest José Mourinho

There was an article on the MFC website stating that Moloney is a chance this week.

Sylvia 2 weeks away.

Jurrah did his wrist on the last weekend of August 2011. I can't believe he still hasn't recovered from that. What a stuff up that's been.

Clearly you have no understanding of the nature of the injury.

Are they going to try bringing him back before the court case in May? Or are they just going to try and get his fitness levels up and keep around the club until then as his mind will obviously be focused on other things.

good questions Dr. I suspect they themselves don't know, Will probably review it on a week by week basis

either way if he does play it will be via the magoos first where they can gauge his state of mind etc

good questions Dr. I suspect they themselves don't know, Will probably review it on a week by week basis

either way if he does play it will be via the magoos first where they can gauge his state of mind etc

I would certainly hope that as soon as he is fit to play he will, at Casey (1s or 2s maybe). There is no use having him sitting around musing over a court case - the outcome will be determined one way or another in May, and lets hope that we get one bit of good news from it. It would I think be the first this season.

Jurrah's fitness and availability to play is a completely separate issue from his court case. There is far too much uninformed comment about the legal matter which leads to misunderstandings. I don't know the situation and I certainly don't know how the legal system in NT works, but as I've posted elsewhere, if his Court appearance in May is to be by video link (as has been reported in the media), I suspect it will be nothing more than a mention to set a date for the hearing. But I don't know. And until someone does know, we should stop speculating about what impact the May appearance may have.

Are you a doctor?

How would you know?

Jurrah to return via Casey next week!

Jurrah to return via Casey next week!

Excellent news! Finally things are starting to look up for the MFC... now, if only we could secure a win against the Doggies.

If you watch the latest edition of the coaches office (Actually good watching IMO... bit of banter between Robbo and Neeld.)

But Neeld said that Moloney would be back this week, I suspect he just had to get through training, and sounds like Neeld was very much looking forward to having him back in the middle.

If you watch the latest edition of the coaches office (Actually good watching IMO... bit of banter between Robbo and Neeld.)

But Neeld said that Moloney would be back this week, I suspect he just had to get through training, and sounds like Neeld was very much looking forward to having him back in the middle.

Big time, we will get another boost when Sylvia comes back.

Is hard winning games with 3 of your top 6 possession winners missing, Gys is 6th i believe