Ultimate Footy - Norm Smith League

Old Man Rivers

LOVE the passion I'm getting when people reject the Scully offers :)

But seriously, come on someone must want him as a keeper?

I experienced the same before I traded him. You might get Dawson Simpson.

Footy gods hate me, fielding a makeshift side this week, crameri returns and I then lose Stanley,

And Judd, no Franklin, depth won't carry me to wins, il be smashed this week at least, hopefully can just keep a spot in the 8

LOVE the passion I'm getting when people reject the Scully offers :)

But seriously, come on someone must want him as a keeper?

I ran into a bloke at Flinders on Sunday who saw the logo on my car and introduced himself as Sculls uncle from Bendigo (a gold digger I presume).Even he claimed bemusement at the size of the contract and some amusement at Toms 'return' per kick thus far.

Which I thought a little unfair...they dont go very far but they dont always return either

Edited by IRW

Footy gods hate me, fielding a makeshift side this week, crameri returns and I then lose Stanley,

And Judd, no Franklin, depth won't carry me to wins, il be smashed this week at least, hopefully can just keep a spot in the 8

MM ... I have a trade offer for you that may boost your chances of winning this week and indeed of winning the flag.

Have a look see.

No certainty that Crameri will return this week, actually, my mail is hevis doubtful.Could even be 3 weeks away.Hopefully for me- this is so.

Edited by jayceebee31

MM ... I have a trade offer for you that may boost your chances of winning this week and indeed of winning the flag.

Have a look see.

Ridiculous offer re Thomas for Scully.If this gets through, the comp is a joke.Cant believe D/ L 7. that you would try to stuff the comp up by doing this. Get real.I have supported you truly, but this is plain stupid.As defending champ I thought you would be fair dinkum.I am very disappointed in you. I have grat respect for you, but this trade is just sofar over the top.

Edited by jayceebee31

Ridiculous offer re Thomas for Scully.If this gets through, the comp is a joke.Cant believe D/ L 7. that you would try to stuff the comp up by doing this. Get real.I have supported you truly, but this is plain stupid.As defending champ I thought you would be fair dinkum.I am very disappointed in you. I have grat respect for you, but this trade is just sofar over the top.

I disagree. If you look at the stats there's not such a huge differential between them. And on Scully's side he has the bonus of being a rookie keeper for 2013.

I reckon on that basis it balances out within reason. Don't get too caught up JCB by UF rankings. They often don't tell the full story.

With the keepers concept, some trades are going down between bottom and top teams who have different reasons for trading (keepers, premiership assault etc). For better or worse this is the system that we're running with so it's impossible to view trading purely on a 'like for like' basis.

With the way we have set up our league with the 2 keepers and 2 young players (born in '91) rule it is inevitable that trades like that one will happen.

If DL7 has two keepers better than Thomas, it would be pointless to keep him if he can spin him into a young keeper.

So that is what he has done.

Similar reasons to why I am not going to trade Ziebell even after his 3 week holiday as he is a young keeper for me next year and I will have trouble enough forming a decent team for next year with my attempts to do something this season.

Anyway, as long as people are using their brains it's all in good fun.

Bit harsh. To get a rookie keeper you do need to pay slightly overs, and Thomas was the player I didn't need going forward.

I didn't offer up the trade to Robbo he offered it to me so I'm not ruining the league- I'm positioning myself for both the final rounds of this year and next year. However the concept of veto'ing a trade is there for you to state your displeasure so if you have an issue click the button and get support I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

Edited by Demon Land 7

I disagree. If you look at the stats there's not such a huge differential between them. And on Scully's side he has the bonus of being a rookie keeper for 2013.

I reckon on that basis it balances out within reason. Don't get too caught up JCB by UF rankings. They often don't tell the full story.

With the keepers concept, some trades are going down between bottom and top teams who have different reasons for trading (keepers, premiership assault etc). For better or worse this is the system that we're running with so it's impossible to view trading purely on a 'like for like' basis.

What a load of crap- Stats are [censored] in some ways. Thomas- is one of the best footballers in the league,

I would rate him as being I. The top 50 - Scully may get in the best 275 to 300 range.Also, IMO- Scully is a dud-although I feel this keeper system is [censored], there are at least 60 players in front of Scully that I would pick.I am vetoing this trade. It is crap and u acceptable IMO.

I feel that there is and have been some funny trades between family or friends in this league lately and is just unbelievable. Just hoe D/L 7 keeps Scully as a keeper or I will give him heaps next year, if I stay I the league.Not on IMO.D/L 7 currently has 6 potential rookie keepers on his list, Scully would be 7.Come on , be real. If this trade goes through and Scully is not kept Asca keeper then this league is rigged.That is my opinion.It stinks if this trade goes ahead.

Edited by jayceebee31

As its been stated if you look at their stats - sometimes the rankings look skewiff.

Besides on the bright side one is a #1 p_rick, the other a #2 pick !

As an aside, had a look at Trengove and Scullys goal tallies, there's a big difference. Scully is not a goal kicking mid.

edit: JCB, settle.

What a load of crap- Stats are [censored] in some ways. Thomas- is one of the best footballers in the league,

I would rate him as being I. The top 50 - Scully may get in the best 275 to 300 range.Also, IMO- Scully is a dud-although I feel this keeper system is [censored], there are at least 60 players in front of Scully that I would pick.I am vetoing this trade. It is crap and u acceptable IMO.

I feel that there is and have been some funny trades between family or friends in this league lately and is just unbelievable. Just hoe D/L 7 keeps Scully as a keeper or I will give him heaps next year, if I stay I the league.Not on IMO.D/L 7 currently has 6 potential rookie keepers on his list, Scully would be 7.Come on , be real. If this trade goes through and Scully is not kept Asca keeper then this league is rigged.That is my opinion.It stinks if this trade goes ahead.

With regards to questioning me with regards to my knowledge of ratings etc..have a look at the current ladder and where we both ended up last year. I think I know my footballers quite well and Scully is totally inferior toThomas and going into the finals, Thomas is just a shoein for Robbo to win.Get real RR. I will offer you a similar trade and see what you think.I just wish we never,ever agreed to this keepe [censored], till season was over andvthiscwould not allowed thisccrap trading to occur.

It's starting to get a little annoying that every trade I make someone cries foul. Like it or not, Scully will be an elite player in the AFL for the next 10 seasons. As I wrote earlier I want to win this year and an upgrade on a player for a guaranteed rookie gun was on offer. I sent out no less than 10 trade offers to different people, some were rejected, some unanswered and DL7 accepted as it will help his side going forward. JCB would you be complaining if I wasn't playing you this week?

Anyway, that's what the keeper league is all about. (I'm not for it but will play to the boundaries that have been set)

Good luck this week. Jono Brown against Gold Coast could win you this round by on his own.

say there is a player in the league who has no "young keepers", possibly me, does this mean at the end of the season, once the dust has settled and people have grabbed their young keepers from their lists do i get to pick from the leftovers before draft, or does this mean i go into the draft with two extra draft picks to fill me list?

im quite intrigued as to how it will work, because i dont know how many others are in the position that i am in, and i think it is quite few

Thomas isn't a keeper to DL7 because he has another two options ahead of him, Scully is young enough to be a young keeper.

That's why this trade benefits both people.

say there is a player in the league who has no "young keepers", possibly me, does this mean at the end of the season, once the dust has settled and people have grabbed their young keepers from their lists do i get to pick from the leftovers before draft, or does this mean i go into the draft with two extra draft picks to fill me list?

im quite intrigued as to how it will work, because i dont know how many others are in the position that i am in, and i think it is quite few

Deadline is this Sunday for trades, MM, if you need any young keeper for next year whilst still keeping an eye on the prize for 2012, have a look around, I have one or two outside my two young'uns on my list worth having a look at.

If you don't fill them, you will have two extra picks in next years draft to fill.

Good question. I dare say that as the player isn't on your list already he won't be a 'keeper' as you're not keeping anything. I am in a similar boat. I recon just two extra picks at the end of the draft

7 rookies doesn't mean 7 good ones. I had Watts as one rookie and I was looking to find a second good rookie. I have done so. But if you think you can scare or threaten me by saying I have to use Scully you are sorely mistaken. Scully is a good option for me because my next years team will be centered around handballs tackles, the reason I'm keeping Priddis and why I like Scully. The player may be ranked lower but it plays to my strength for the team I'll be creating next year. Rankings are stupid and that goes both ways, there would be no point me getting a Matthew Pavlich a top 50 because this year because in goals I'm so far behind. But a player who picks up 25-28 disposals and tackles may be ranked 100+ because he doesn't kick goals or mark yet he'd be super beneficial for my team to win enough categories to win the matchup.

If you want a rookie trade for it, dont sit back and sook that I've accumulated a few. I've made 25 waiver moves this year trying to get back in the game and it hasn't worked so I'm perfectly content with the decision I've made.

No I would suggest you get some trades going or pick some kids from the unsigned pool before the end of the season because it would be completely unfair to be able to have two free picks as players are shed from teams.

I have Ziebell and Harwood at the moment.

Who is Harwood? Good question. I will deal with that.

Get real RR. I will offer you a similar trade and see what you think.I just wish we never,ever agreed to this keepe [censored], till season was over andvthiscwould not allowed thisccrap trading to occur.

My thoughts on the keeper league are well documented JCB. I wasn't for it but the majority were so that's that. It's up to us now to try to work the system in our favour.

AS I mentioned in the UF comments thread, top eight sides now face a serious choice of whether to let go a star in order to bolster their teams for a premiership assault, as bottom sides offer up the best players they have in return for said player.

Surely this year's flag means more than holding on to one particular player for season 2013 who may or may not get injured?

MadMelb you'd be mad not take my latest offer!

JackAttack needs to come in to make a ruling on this.

JCB, didn't you win by 15-0 last weekend against JA ??

That is totally irrelevant JA isn't trying. Given up I think. That is why RR should be congratulated in not giving up.JA could have gained players if fair dinkum. As you know, I am a stirrer.I am not stirring about this. This is a con big time and totally unacceptable.

We are all competitive and try to keep to the true spirit of the game.This is not on IMO. I will give you a trade seeing you can't win and see if you will accept it.