EPL 2011-12

Striker475

Go Spurs!

Turning it around now.

Would love to go to WHL and see a Spurs win one day!

I take solace in the EPL when the off season is on.

Gippy

• 3 weeks later...

To put the game in some perspective.

The 15th most likely team to win the League Cup (second least likely) is paying $81.

Man U are the $4.50 favourites.

Aldershot are $1001.

Couple of interesting games on Saturday evening - and both on at the fan friendly time of 10pm .

Chelsea v Arsenal and Everton v Manchester United - vital games for all concerned and Everton might fancy themselves !

And of course the other London Derby ( Spurs v QPR ) could be a cracker as well - 3am Monday morning .

Cheers , Nuggets

Edited by Nuggets

Chelsea 3 Arsenal 5 - how about that for a game ! An absolute cracker ! Are the Gunners back in business ? Van Persie was superb !

Edited by Nuggets

Sweet dreams tonight....Season not over....What an epic Game!!!

Yeah , as ya said - epic game ! I'm a Hammers fan myself but I like all the Big Premier League teams - esp when they are matched up against each other .

If Arsenal can shore up their defence they will at least push for a Champions League spot - I'm liking Newcastle's season as well .

Yeah , as ya said - epic game ! I'm a Hammers fan myself but I like all the Big Premier League teams - esp when they are matched up against each other .

If Arsenal can shore up their defence they will at least push for a Champions League spot - I'm liking Newcastle's season as well .

I`m a Gooner and was amazed watching the game live, it was an absolute cracker. I honestly thought they`d struggle to get any momentum this year but there is a pulse beating faster every match now. Sadly though, if RVP leaves they will be finished! Cant see them challenging this year.

I`m a Gooner and was amazed watching the game live, it was an absolute cracker. I honestly thought they`d struggle to get any momentum this year but there is a pulse beating faster every match now. Sadly though, if RVP leaves they will be finished! Cant see them challenging this year.

Wasn't aware that you might lose Van Persie - he's contracted till 2013 yeah? Then again , if the player wants to go ...............

That's why Champions league qualification is so important - it's going to be a great race to the finish line with so many Teams in contention .

Edited by Nuggets

Well , this week you'd expect most of the top teams to win - with Spurs away to Fulham a tricky one to pick ( Monday morning 3am )

There's nearly always an upset or 3 however , so a draw in this round will be looked upon as a loss by the teams in the race for Champions league spots .

Newcastle just HAVE to beat Everton at home ( Sat 11.45 pm ) because their next 3 weeks after that are tough - away to Man City , away to Man Utd , then at home versus Chelsea !

Seen better rounds though the 2 aforementioned games should be cracker's . Also, it will be interesting to see how Man City handle Loftus Road ( Sunday morning 4.30am )

Arsenal should beat West Brom at home . And Man Utd (vs Sunderland) , Liverpool (vs Swansea) and Chelsea (away to Blackburn) should all get the 3pts - these 4 games are all on at 2am Sunday morning .

Wolves are at home to Wigan in the early kickoff game on Sunday ( Just after midnight Sunday our time )

Cheers , Nuggets

Edited by Nuggets

Wasn't aware that you might lose Van Persie - he's contracted till 2013 yeah? Then again , if the player wants to go ...............

That's why Champions league qualification is so important - it's going to be a great race to the finish line with so many Teams in contention .

Yeah he`s contracted but there has certainly been plenty of noise, although he continues to deny it. I `ve read plenty of times that if Arsene gets the boot then RVP will bail. Their turnaround in form hopefully will put it all to bed.

• 1 month later...

Chelsea lose at home to Villa ! Man Utd lose at home to Rovers ?! The Gunners and the Reds win though . The Andy Carroll move doesn't seem to be working . He may not be suited to Liverpool's game but I hope he comes good . Wouldn't surprise me if he ended up back at Newcastle . And Arsenal have been tracking nicely since their indifferent start to the season .

Can the "Black Cats" get up over City tonight ? I'm tipping a 2 all draw . Hoping for a Sunderland win though just so it gets tight in the title race .

You got your wish, Macca.

If only Spurs had have held on!

Yep , Spurs conceding that late goal was costly , especially with the 2 Manchester clubs losing . It's going to be interesting to see how United and City approach their Europa League games ( Thursday evening games from mid February ) . I'm tipping they'll rest all their good players though they both may still win their round of 32 games !

Tottenham , Liverpool and Newcastle won't have any distractions ( FA Cup fixtures aside ) . Just on the FA cup ( this weekend ) , Man City host Man Utd this Sunday night ( our time ) .

Edited by Macca

• 2 months later...

Robin van Persie does it again . This man is all class . The Gunners need to hang on to this bloke .

Man Utd at Tottenham tomorrow morning (3am) should be a beauty .

Cheers

• 2 months later...

I'm forever blowing bubbles!!!!

The Hammers have a better than even chance of returning to 1st div in the Promotion final v. Black pool or Birmingham at Wembley on May 19th. Apparently this annual promotion match is for the biggest financial reward in the game...reputedly it's worth $140 million to return to Premier League!!!!!!!!!!

Going to be a ripping last day of action in the EPL on Sunday. Two teams can still win the League. 3rd spot and automatic CL qualification is up for grabs,

and even the last relegation spot is still a chance to be avoided.

What will Foxsports run their five viewers choice games with, given there are so many crucial games?

Going to be a ripping last day of action in the EPL on Sunday. Two teams can still win the League. 3rd spot and automatic CL qualification is up for grabs,

and even the last relegation spot is still a chance to be avoided.

What will Foxsports run their five viewers choice games with, given there are so many crucial games?

According to the foxtel digital guide

Fox1 - West Brom vs Arsenal

Fox2 - Man City vs QPR

Fox3 - Sunderland vs Man Utd

Press the red button on any of the 3 games and you get the choice of ....

Everton vs Newcastle

Stoke vs Bolton

Swansea vs Liverpool and

Tottenham vs Fulham .

I guess that covers all the bases . Better make sure we've got spare batteries for the remote !

All the games start at Sunday Midnight .

Edited by Macca

Surprised that no one has commented.

Spurs score in the first 90 seconds. Could've been more, could've been less but that's the lead at half time.

Arsenal score in 4 minutes. WBA score after 11 and 15 minutes only for Santos to level it after half an hour. All square at H-T.

As it stands, Spurs into CL automatically. Long way to go however.

Newcastle 2-0 down.

Man City 1-0 up as are Man U at half time.

Not watching the City game, but they've had 8 shots to 1 and 80% of the possession.

The nerves!!!

QPR down to ten for half an hour have somehow hit the lead. 2-1 up after 86.

Man City 31 shot at goal, QPR 3.

Arsenal lead 3-2 look set for Champs League, Bolton seem set to go down.