Sunday - Drop your scarf off at Bubbledome day or Microwave your Membership

Diablo Deemon

Who wants to give their scarf back  

104 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am an MFC/MCC member and have followed Melbourne for over forty five years and I have never felt so gutted and demoralised as I did last night.

The Geelong game was no ordinary loss. It leaves me today feeling as though I only have one of two options:

1. Spit the dummy and drop my scarf off at Bubbledome to register my protest, or

2. Go along to the game next week and support the team as much as I can.

I choose option 2.

If that makes me the typical soft nosed, range rover driving silver-tail that is the root cause of all the club's ills then so be it.

I expect the players never to give up - what sort of hypocrite would I be if I choose otherwise?

I am not suggesting you give up.

At the risk of insulting you this is exactly why the MFC has been in the wilderness for 40+ years.

The bomber and blues fans demand success and surprise surprise they get it.

I am no longer taking this line.

From here on in the MFC are going to know I am not happy Jan.

And I am staying away this saturday in protest, as well it is an away game why should I make Carlton richer.

They will get enough from a big percentage increase.

You can hate where this club is right at this point in time. But you can never hate this club. Despite all the tears and all the unfulfilled promises of success I couldn't throw in the towel on this club. Granted I probably wont be a 100 buck full paid up member next year I think I'll take the cheaper 50 buck option. I don't think they're worth 100 bucks a year to be honest.

If the players really blamed themselves for their performance then they should all except McKenzie give up their match fee or donate it to charity. They didnt earn their crust playing like they did on Saturday...

The Richmond supporters on their blog were much much more vitriolic against their club after getting beat by Gold Coast up in Cairns than I've seen on our Blog.

Edited by desertfox

This, I'm guessing, would be the same MCC in which some of the MFC's oldest, most loyal and most generous supporters sit. I don't know where you've been observing from, but the fellow Demons MEMBERS and SUPPORTERS I sit with in the MCC become nothing short of infuriated with some of the weak efforts this year, but you know what? We're there every week, unlike many many MANY other fairweather "supporters". What I find more disturbing is the amount of sycophantic MFC supporters on Twitter who after a perfomance like yesterday's proceed to write to the players that "we're all behind them and it must be so tough for them". TOUGH?? I'll gladly take hundreds of thousands of dollars to dish up garbage like that every week. In most other professions that would earn you the sack. *rant over*

l second you

Guest Gotzy15

What makes me almost as sad as being reminded of today's result is 'supporters' talking about dropping their memberships. The strongest clubs, both on and off the field, are those with the highest membership numbers. Yes, winners are grinners, but it will only make our climb back up the ladder so much harder if we don't have strong membership numbers. I know it hurts after today's demolition but don't write off your memberships. We need them! And I'm speaking as a member who is holding a platinum membership ticket after 27 years consecutive membership. I've seen some shocking losses in that time and I've experienced wins that have taken me to the heights. I'll continue to put my hand in my pocket every year no matter who's in charge, either in the boardroom or on the field. Don't desert the Club. We need everyone on board more than ever or we'll be lost in the wilderness for another 10 years!

Great call. I know its unbelievably hard but we just have to keep the faith somehow. It will make any success in the future so much sweeter

Great call. I know its unbelievably hard but we just have to keep the faith somehow. It will make any success in the future so much sweeter

"any" is the important word in the above Gotzy15

Do you think there will be any this side of 2020?

I am not suggesting you give up.

At the risk of insulting you this is exactly why the MFC has been in the wilderness for 40+ years.

The bomber and blues fans demand success and surprise surprise they get it.

I am no longer taking this line.

From here on in the MFC are going to know I am not happy Jan.

And I am staying away this saturday in protest, as well it is an away game why should I make Carlton richer.

They will get enough from a big percentage increase.

Look old dee - I'm not insulted.

But if you think some sort of petulant dummy spit by a small group of irate supporters explains the difference between Melbourne's "forty years in the wilderness" compared to the success of clubs like Essendon, Carlton, Collingwood and West Coast your kidding yourself.

Its about money and developing and then committing to a well thought out long term plan.

There are only two things humble supporters like you and I can do, one, put our hands in our pockets year after year and support the club financially and two, go along each week and cheer our lungs out.

If you want to help - I'll wave to you in the crowd on Saturday.