I love this from the Fat Controller

Guest 36DD

Guest 36DD

Found an interesting article in the Hun, where by Emperor Vlad tried to justify the situation he created whereby young talented players are fair game for the expansion teams.

My link

I love this bit when challenged on using Jeff White leaving Freo to return to Melbourne as a precedent

"Challenged that the circumstances were different because GWS is not on an even playing field with other clubs in terms of salary cap, Demetriou said:

“That’s not entirely right. First of all, the rules that were set up were rules that were set up by club people.”

Vlad says that the example that GWS have more salary cap to play with is not entirely right, yet he does not provide a reason why this is not entirely right he simply deflects and throws up a smokescreen "First of all, the rules that were set up were rules that were set up by club people". What a pathetic joke of a man. Yes the situation is different because Freo had the same salary cap as the rest of the competition and secondly, Melbourne had to provide sufficient compensation for White which from memory was pick 2 and pick 18 of that year's draft.

How Vlad lies straight in bed at night is beyond me.

Just a little snapshot of what we are up against, if you weren't already aware.

Never let the truth stand in the way of bad story.

The argument on drawing parallels between White and 2nd year players going to GWS is just full of holes

Guest hangon007

Found an interesting article in the Hun, where by Emperor Vlad tried to justify the situation he created whereby young talented players are fair game for the expansion teams.

Hope you listened to the boss this morning ... dispelled many myths that seem to perpetuate themselves around one-eyed forums like this. However, many will only hear it from their "clubs" point of view and are blinded to the facts.

Its not "them" against "us" battle ... you are looking at it completely the wrong way.

Continue with the media driven myths all you want, its always a good giggle. If anyone is attending the wedding of Rupert Murdock PR school it you. But if we dont wake up soon we will be attending a funeral.

Guest 36DD

Hope you listened to the boss this morning ... dispelled many myths that seem to perpetuate themselves around one-eyed forums like this. However, many will only hear it from their "clubs" point of view and are blinded to the facts. 

Its not "them" against "us" battle ... you are looking at it completely the wrong way.

Continue with the media driven myths all you want, its always a good giggle. If anyone is attending the wedding of Rupert Murdock PR school it you. But if we dont wake up soon we will be attending a funeral.

I'm still trying to work out the meaning of that, scrap PR school, I must need to go back to school.

Yes you are right, we tend to have a bit of an agenda and only really worry about what affects our backyard so to speak but I fail to understand how I have spun the fact that Fremantle were operating with the same salary cap and we were required to compensate Fremantle with picks 2 and 18. It was as a result of the facts which made Demetriou's comparison redundant, given the whole basis for a comparison is comparing two situations to find similarities.

I did listen to the interview, the Herald Sun have simply quoted from the interview.

Guest hangon007

Yes i thought Tim Watson stood up for the MFC really strongly this morning.

When Challenged Vlad failed to answer the "stated" Question... The Jeff White situation is not the same as the Scully one.

Tim Watson is a legend the only thing he will truly stand up for is the Essendon football club. Everything else is just smoke & mirrors.

Tim Watson is a legend the only thing he will truly stand up for is the Essendon football club. Everything else is just smoke & mirrors.

That may be so....but he certainly stuck to his Guns this morning with Vlad, not that the Fat One gave a straight answer, but Watson did make sure he got his point across. More than i can say for that useless creature Andy Maher...Phuckkk what a waste of Oxygen he is.

I've heard Demetriou's comments and I find aspects of them outrageous and unacceptable, particularly insofar as they apply to the Scully situation.

I hope the MFC has transcripts of his comments and runs them past its legal team in the event that the matter of compensation for Tom Scully becomes an issue.

I've already commented elsewhere how the AFL is conflicted on a number of aspects of the GWS concessions and related issues.

Demetriou and the AFL need to be reminded that they are not above the law and if they make decisions that are unlawful or that deny constituent clubs natural justice then sooner or later their deeds, actions and words will be tested within the judicial system.

I've heard Demetriou's comments and I find aspects of them outrageous and unacceptable, particularly insofar as they apply to the Scully situation.

I hope the MFC has transcripts of his comments and runs them past its legal team in the event that the matter of compensation for Tom Scully becomes an issue.

I've already commented elsewhere how the AFL is conflicted on a number of aspects of the GWS concessions and related issues.

Demetriou and the AFL need to be reminded that they are not above the law and if they make decisions that are unlawful or that deny constituent clubs natural justice then sooner or later their deeds, actions and words will be tested within the judicial system.

His comments this morning infuriated me. Some of the quotes I've read suggest the "panel" are still sifting through the compensation aspects. I thought they'd finalised them ?

And I wish those who were on the panel - the one's who objected to the eligibility of 2nd year players out of contract as targets for GWS - yet rubber stamped by the AFL. Would speak out, instead of journalists quoting them but not naming them.

I've got no problem with AD.He has been fair to us over time and as long as we get 2 top 10s for a TS it wont matter .If TS stays for less cash then fantastic .We wont be the only club to lose from the GWS ,but we may be the one that benefits most or rather ,loses least .

We dont need to whinge about he AFL treating us badly .

I dont agree wth helping the bombers out -2nd richest and most successful club , but he does run it even -handedly .

If he helped out the Kangas with a debt payment that would be nice too but he would be called for that because he played for them .

I reckon Schwab and AD get on OK and there are no evil forces operating against us at AFL level except for Fat Eddy ,Sheedy and a few others that circle our list like vultures .

Someone is sewing seeds of discontent in Col Sylvia as well-which is a worry .

Guest hangon007

Are you suggesting we should take the AFL to court?

I've got no problem with AD.He has been fair to us over time and as long as we get 2 top 10s for a TS it wont matter .If TS stays for less cash then fantastic .We wont be the only club to lose from the GWS ,but we may be the one that benefits most or rather ,loses least .

My understanding is that the AFL's position is that it won't be 2 top 10s at all but a mid first rounder and a late first rounder, both of which are claimed to be set in stone. That means if it happened that way and the club wanted to replace their young star who was a # 1 draft pick, it would get around # 15 and # 25 in a highly compromised draft. If it was forced to wait a year or two, those numbers might get a little better but the drafts will remain compromised for a number of years due to the entry of the new franchises with concessional picks being used by clubs up to 2016 (and we know that justice delayed means justice denied). This is manifestly unfair and unreasonable compensation for a # 1 selection and discretion needs to be exercised to cater for the anomalous situation which would be the case if Scully left.

Unless the AFL is able to broker a situation that gives the affected club due and proper compensation then it's not acting with fairness or applying the rules of natural justice in its decision making.

I dont agree wth helping the bombers out -2nd richest and most successful club , but he does run it even -handedly .

If he helped out the Kangas with a debt payment that would be nice too but he would be called for that because he played for them .

I reckon Schwab and AD get on OK and there are no evil forces operating against us at AFL level except for Fat Eddy ,Sheedy and a few others that circle our list like vultures .

Someone is sewing seeds of discontent in Col Sylvia as well-which is a worry .

Very undude dude....Time to Harden up dude.

My understanding is that the AFL's position is that it won't be 2 top 10s at all but a mid first rounder and a late first rounder, both of which are claimed to be set in stone. That means if it happened that way and the club wanted to replace their young star who was a # 1 draft pick, it would get around # 15 and # 25 in a highly compromised draft. If it was forced to wait a year or two, those numbers might get a little better but the drafts will remain compromised for a number of years due to the entry of the new franchises with concessional picks being used by clubs up to 2016 (and we know that justice delayed means justice denied). This is manifestly unfair and unreasonable compensation for a # 1 selection and discretion needs to be exercised to cater for the anomalous situation which would be the case if Scully left.

Unless the AFL is able to broker a situation that gives the affected club due and proper compensation then it's not acting with fairness or applying the rules of natural justice in its decision making.

Isn't it true that a couple of years ago when we had picks 1 and 2 Port Adelaide offerred us picks 6 and 8 for pick 2 so they could get Jack Trengove? If that's the case, a mid first rounder and a late first rounder in the current cirumstances is highway robbery.

Would the MFC really take any of these matters, through the courts?

I agree 100%, that there is a stink about all of this injustice. I have become really dishearten and disgruntled, with the AFL this year. I'm really starting to question how ligitimate, this whole competition is.... :(

Would the MFC really take any of these matters, through the courts?

I would certainly hope the MFC had legal people involved now to at least check all avenues thoroughly...Over the next few years dealing players and contracts is going to get a lot hotter.

At least at this stage we are getting a head start on other clubs...The MFC must know it's legal right inside and out, and be ready to stand dead still when needed.

Guest 36DD

The is no degree of independence between the AFL and GWS. GWS are the AFL's baby, it solely relies on their funding and resources, hell, they even get monthly progress reports from GWS. It would be different if GWS were established by a consortium which paid a licensing fee to the AFL. I am unaware of any other sporting code in the world that has provided so much of its own money to establish a new team. How can we expect the AFL to be fair and even handed when they have a vested interest and want a return for their investment? Unfortunately, this just is not going to happen, the cancellation of Judd 3rd party agreements is just the beginning.

I get warned ,suspended ,rebuked for commenting on Morton ,Murdoch ,The Hun and Jay Clarke and all you Dee freaks want to carry on about the Poor Little Greek boy .

He is not the issue in all this .

Schwabby has it under control .

The big Dimmy actually likes Melbourne- a fact that eludes a lot of our more paranoid supporters ,that is ,most of us .

Guest 36DD

I get warned ,suspended ,rebuked for commenting on Morton ,Murdoch ,The Hun and Jay Clarke and all you Dee freaks want to carry on about the Poor Little Greek boy .

He is not the issue in all this .

Schwabby has it under control .

The big Dimmy actually likes Melbourne- a fact that eludes a lot of our more paranoid supporters ,that is ,most of us .

mate i could label you extremely naive, it is not in his or the AFL's best interests to operate a fair and equitable competition, any thought's otherwise are merely pie in the sky...

was this the same Andrew Demetriou who threatened to take Queens Birthday off us because we were "just" getting 50,000 a few years back, c'mon mate, i love a good souvlaki as well but open your eyes

Teams made the rules? Go through that panel again. I believe not every team sat on the panel (Richmond being the notable one, as Gary March did raise a stink in the media about the rules) and some of the requests of the teams were ignored (one of which was to have players coming out of their draftee contract to be excluded from being targeted by GC/GWS) by the AFL.

It does stink. Especially the GWS stuff. Gold Coast I really have no problem with as there is the genuine basis for a team there, with genuine support and local backing. GWS, on the other hand...

Guest hangon007

Good luck Whispering Jack with this line of thinking.

I hope you are right but I fear there is way tooooo much water to still go under the bridge before we "bank" any compensation picks. Even if we get them the other 17 clubs will fight us to the death to improve them further. Unless the AFL are retrospectively, prepared to re-compensate other clubs.

Good luck with your quest.

Guest hangon007

was this the same Andrew Demetriou who threatened to take Queens Birthday off us because we were "just" getting 50,000 a few years back, c'mon mate,

Geez this is a very interesting point. Why ... was it raining that day? Maybe it was because its not a Saturday.

How damn un-reasonable of that Queen having her holiday on a Monday. B)