• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

The No T$ No B$ Thread

Redleg

I always loved the fact that Bob coined the phrase " little Johnny Howard" to describe his opponent, when in fact Howard is a couple of inches taller than Bob. I have met both a few times and can vouch for that.

PS. John Howard is an extremely friendly man and whether you come from his side of Politics or not, you have to admit that he tried to improve the country. Bob and his sucessor Paul Keating unlike Haoward ended up making millions from their political contacts and it always leaves me wondering about them. Any way back to the real issues on this thread and yes readers I had a banana smoothie this morning for breakfast at Phamish in St. Kilda. It was ok but should have been colder.

Don't get me started on little Johnny please. He lied many times as PM (The GST) as his most blatant. He was the first to sleep with the G.W.Bush group of companies and begin a fruitless war that still continues today. I could go on, but won't. I have no time for Gillard either for the record. But i do miss Paul Keating in Parliament. His speeches were delivered with such authority. Howard was a mosquito that hung around long enough to get the job. I don't miss the little war monger at all.

Did i mention "Go Demons?"

I always loved the fact that Bob coined the phrase " little Johnny Howard" to describe his opponent, when in fact Howard is a couple of inches taller than Bob. I have met both a few times and can vouch for that.

PS. John Howard is an extremely friendly man and whether you come from his side of Politics or not, you have to admit that he tried to improve the country. Bob and his sucessor Paul Keating unlike Howard ended up making millions from their political contacts and it always leaves me wondering about them.

Any way back to the real issues on this thread and yes readers I had a banana smoothie this morning for breakfast at Phamish in St. Kilda. It was ok but should have been colder.

Those are the real issues on this thread.

Politics, corruption, greedy people with dysfunctional lives, sociopaths, overweight ugly parents and bananas.

Don't want to start any fights but weren't some of them liberal pollies like Malcolm Fraser born with silver spoons in their mouths ensuring they never needed to go out and earn an honest dollar or two?

What did you think of Sir Billy Snedden?

"SNEDDA'S DIES ON THE JOB"

Truth Newspaper Headline outside the Milk Bar. Never forget it. Laughed my absolute ass off when i read it. Had to park the car!

Still the most creative piece of journalism i have witnessed.

Don't worry DC - everything including politix - is taken with tongue in cheek on this thread.

Everything except the thing we're really not permitted to mention here.

This didn't strike me as tongue in cheek

Don't want to start any fights but weren't some of them liberal pollies like Malcolm Fraser born with silver spoons in their mouths ensuring they never needed to go out and earn an honest dollar or two?

Nor did WYL's attempt to throw a bit of petrol on the thread

We have a special board just for this.....which I can safely elect to stay away from or otherwise

You need to loosen up DC.

Married ex-politicians who lose their pants whilst on overseas trips are always fair game and in the spirit of this thread.

The Truth Newspaper was always good fun as well. Always had the best footy stories and good old Jack Dyer's column.

What happened to it?

Married ex-politicians who lose their pants whilst on overseas trips are always fair game and in the spirit of this thread.

The Truth Newspaper was always good fun as well. Always had the best footy stories and good old Jack Dyer's column.

What happened to it?

I'm not trying to be difficult Lucy. I've seen many forums go to ruin when politics and religion are allowed to spiral.

Demonland wisely has a General Board for those that wish to partake of these topics.

I'm not saying either that it is spiralling, just pointing out politely (I thought) that this is supposed to be a no-no on the footy board

We don't want to end up like 'ology I hope

At the moment I like and enjoy the vast numbers of posters here all sharing a love of the mfc. I don't want that number to reduce by half

Fair enough?

P.S. I'm not complaining of the odd humourus throw-away political comment

What happened to it?

Dyer're wasn't it!!

What happened to those great days when humour was more important than being politically correct all the time?

Bex and a lie down DC Personal attacks i draw the line at, sure. But any other topic is interesting to read. Particularly over summer.

Dyer're wasn't it!!

What happened to those great days when humour was more important than being politically correct all the time?

Bex and a lie down DC Personal attacks i draw the line at, sure. But any other topic is interesting to read. Particularly over summer.

I hope you are not accusing me of being politically correct?

You are going out of your way to misconstrue my comments

Anyway I find the Bex just don't do the trick anymore

Mind you ... the Truth was always a good read for a giggle. The good thing was they used to keep the footy stories going throughout the summer when the other papers usually ignored it. I suppose with the Internet and saturation coverage everywhere the Truth lost its appeal.

A top Giggle indeed.

I hope you are not accusing me of being politically correct?

You are going out of your way to misconstrue my comments

Anyway I find the Bex just don't do the trick anymore

No you are not PC DC, that is why i was suprised you made the original comment. I mean you are a bona fide Sir Lesley Patterson fan

No you are not PC DC, that is why i was suprised you made the original comment. I mean you are a bona fide Sir Lesley Patterson fan

Surprised? I've made the comment a couple of times previously re mixing partisan politics and religion with football threads

or would you prefer the style of 'ology?

Surprised? I've made the comment a couple of times previously re mixing partisan politics and religion with football threads

or would you prefer the style of 'ology?

Watch Norman again DC and have a laugh. 'ology has been dead for years.

Watch Norman again DC and have a laugh. 'ology has been dead for years.

You know I had no problems with the Norman clips so why raise red herrings

I objected to your partisan political comments on post #1400 and Jacks prejudicial stereotyping of "silver spoons" and "honest days work" (and no I'm not a fan of MF)

These were to my way of thinking political flame-bait

Now can we leave it at that?

BTW check rule 4 of the Rules of Conduct

Mind you ... the Truth was always a good read for a giggle. The good thing was they used to keep the footy stories going throughout the summer when the other papers usually ignored it. I suppose with the Internet and saturation coverage everywhere the Truth lost its appeal.

Best things in the truth were page 3 and the raceform.

You know I had no problems with the Norman clips so why raise red herrings

I objected to your partisan political comments on post #1400 and Jacks prejudicial stereotyping of "silver spoons" and "honest days work" (and no I'm not a fan of MF)

These were to my way of thinking political flame-bait

You object to WYL & WJ's "partisan political comments" but not Redleg's which started them in the first place. Well, that seems to be a political statement in itself to me.

Back on topic, my favourite part of Truth was Heartbalm. If those situations weren't made up I'll bear my proverbial in Bourke Street or New Orleans.

Now that's quite enough people.

Redleg, that horse racing stuff encourages people to gamble. We can't have that here except during the Autumn Carnival.

And no more political discussion here or any discussion about whether or not what someone says is political.

I'll do the moderator's thing and ban it.

Now, where were we. Yes.

Truth. They had a writer called Brian Hansen who was always very forthright and got some good stories. I suppose he would have retired by now but he seemed to get the inside stories all the time. Anyone know what happened to him?

You object to WYL & WJ's "partisan political comments" but not Redleg's which started them in the first place. Well, that seems to be a political statement in itself to me.

Back on topic, my favourite part of Truth was Heartbalm. If those situations weren't made up I'll bear my proverbial in Bourke Street or New Orleans.

well I didn't think redleg's comments were particularly political as such and certainly not partisan, but YMMV

i don't know why you would think my comments (or lack of) "to be a political statement in itself", unless your crystal ball is very special

I can assure you that my objection to politics in footy forums is not party based/influenced

but i do endorse your heartbalm comments. Its a well known fact that most heartbalm stories were written and replied to over many boozy staff pub lunches. It was a certain rite of passage for many truth journos.

I think my Truth highlight came about five or six years after I finished school and they ran a story about a former teacher and his involvement in some exotic love tryst that had him in a situation the article described as a "ménage a trois". Unfortunately, the subject he taught wasn't French, which was a subject I detested and had happily given up after Form 2 (Year 8 for those under 50) so I never quite understood what it was all about.