The No T$ No B$ Thread

Redleg

OD. I think in the interests of Redleg's health, it's fortunate that he's sailing off the coast of France, heading in the direction of Spain and oblivious to today's developments.

I reckon he might be saying that the game as we all knew it died today. I found it distasteful when that nameless person jerked the club around in 2011 knowing he was going to GWS but I found the news that Buddy's management approached the Swans soon after last year's grand final rather appalling. I'm sure Redleg would feel the same way.

I suppose we have to get used to it but I thought free agency was designed to help battlers get to other AFL clubs. I'm not so sure that's happening the way the Player's Association envisaged things when it was first mooted.

WOW 9 years 10 Million Dollars

I hope the Swans have a contract that protects them.

OD. I think in the interests of Redleg's health, it's fortunate that he's sailing off the coast of France, heading in the direction of Spain and oblivious to today's developments.

I reckon he might be saying that the game as we all knew it died today. I found it distasteful when that nameless person jerked the club around in 2011 knowing he was going to GWS but I found the news that Buddy's management approached the Swans soon after last year's grand final rather appalling. I'm sure Redleg would feel the same way.

I suppose we have to get used to it but I thought free agency was designed to help battlers get to other AFL clubs. I'm not so sure that's happening the way the Player's Association envisaged things when it was first mooted.

I would agree with him WJ.

I feel more deflated about our chances of rising today than I have felt all year.

The overwhelming feeling I have is that we and 3 or 4 clubs in Melbourne are doomed to stay in the bottom half of the ladder and die a death of a thousands cuts.

The situation looks very dire to me today.

My only hope is that the AFL will knock the deal on the head.

Not much chance though I guess.

Oh Frog Ive ceased trying to convert anyone to Demonism a long time ago...its akin to beating someone with a feather duster...all you get are howls of laughter !!

OD ..Am not so sure I want to go up.... hear its mighty lonely up there and with so few souls to do all the work its like a labour camp !!!

Might be a tad warmer downstairs....just saying ...lol :)

And I thought I was in hell when my father (my he rest in peace) became a Dockers members. But I am hearing that many people are much worse off then me. They actually have Collingwood supporters in their family.

BB you are a Saint! Having found a nest of Pie supporters and you are still there trying to convert them to the Light (MFC).

Now all you need is for the MFC to build a team that is capable of smashing Collingwood.

I am afraid I would have the 1964 GF permanently playing on the TV with Its a Grand Old Flag playing in the background, if I was in your shoes, every time the family came for a visit. Plus every Xmas I would buy the wife a MFC Membership, if she complains I would get her two members. One for her dog as well.

Football is war and there no time to smell the roses or show the enemy any fear!

LOL

Funny thought I was a Demon !!

Funny thought I was a Demon !!

LOL

Just shows how confused you are having a family full of Buckley (FIGJAM) worshippers.

But we here in the Banana Republic are here to save you.

I feel more deflated about our chances of rising today than I have felt all year.

The overwhelming feeling I have is that we and 3 or 4 clubs in Melbourne are doomed to stay in the bottom half of the ladder and die a death of a thousands cuts.

Not to worry OD as fools are easily parted from there money.

Buddy is a player who could only score 1 goal in the GF after a 50m penalty and they want to pay him $1.4m a year with not protection if he retires early. ROFLMAO then let them have him. What do you think the rest of the Sydney Team will think about the lack of money that they can now get?

I would rather have a champion team then a team of champions any day of the week.

Nothing has changed as we still need to build our team and now we have half a chance of doing that with an A Grade Coach.

Goo the Dees

Edited by TheBigFrog

RL would be upset with us that this thread is now on the second page.

WJ how is his travels going?

BB anymore good Banana products out there?

Well after the Buddy deal and Sylvia leaving as expected I feel the MFC is sitting in a similar spot to the last seven years.

A playing list that is largely not AFL standard and low prospects for the 2014 season.

Now I know it is early days in the Trading / drafting season but so far not much talk and no action.

I hope Roos is JC and can preform a few miracles with the current list because we are sure as hell are going to need them.

However In Castlemaine on a near perfect Spring day typing, it just proves there are other things in the World that Football.

Edited by old dee

Well after the Buddy deal and Sylvia leaving as expected I feel the MFC is sitting in a similar spot to the last seven years.

A playing list that is largely not AFL standard and low prospects for the 2014 season.

Now I know it is early days in the Trading / drafting season but so far not much talk and no action.

I hope Roos is JC and can preform a few miracles with the current list because we are sure as hell are going to need them.

However In Castlemaine on a near perfect Spring day typing, it just proves there are other things in the World that Football.

Trade period hasn't started yet.

I am actually fairly upbeat that we are going to improve our list considerably over the next couple of weeks.

With a couple of experienced mids and some young strong types picked by someone other than Prendergast things could get markedly better.

List improvements, class coach and a decent run with injury...........

• Like 1

Trade period hasn't started yet.

I am actually fairly upbeat that we are going to improve our list considerably over the next couple of weeks.

With a couple of experienced mids and some young strong types picked by someone other than Prendergast things could get markedly better.

List improvements, class coach and a decent run with injury...........

i concur..

I do however understand OD's position though; its hard to keep getting up off the floor ..lol

its only October....can be a little optimistic :)

and to think i only left this forum for one evening.......now look at it lol

Well I can only marry her off once, so I need to get the best possible price. You know how it is in a capitalist world. Worst case she gets sold to Biff and has to work at the Gat.

It only seems like a worst case scenario.

She'll slip into "the life" .

\

It is crazy that the Swans are able to do this, but IMHO they are also crazy to do it. No one is worth $10M over 9 years, not even Buddy. I get the feeling that he is going for all the wrong reasons, and that it is more about a party lifestyle than a commitment to playing good footy. I hope it doesn't come to this, but I do wonder if he will still be playing at all in five years time ...

Put another way, OD, "Never flirt with form" was one of Norm Smith's sayings, and I think the Swans have done a lot more than flirt ...

Edited by Red and Bluebeard

Well I can only marry her off once, so I need to get the best possible price. You know how it is in a capitalist world. Worst case she gets sold to Biff and has to work at the Gat.

does she come with her own post code?...... that might get moon interested

RL would be upset with us that this thread is now on the second page.

WJ how is his travels going?

BB anymore good Banana products out there?

According to my wife, the Redlegs' ship arrives in Valencia, Spain later today.

No bananas but plenty of oranges in Valencia which sadly, could trigger off some painful thoughts in Redleg's head given the connection between the colour and the team that Voldemort plays for these days.

• Like 1

You know BBO....I really prefered your older avatar, not that it in anyway enticed me but I find that sugary effort of late quite disturbing on a site dedicated to Demons !!! ^_^

DC you simply have no appreciation of beautiful women.

BBO you put your sister on a diet?

does she come with her own post code?...... that might get moon interested

Because you think I'm only interested in acquiring real estate DC? Such shallowness.

If she kisses Toady, perhaps he'll turn into a princess, not unlike like Bitty.

• Like 1