What can we do?

I think TS knows we want him to stay... there is nothing we can do other than cheer him on in every game he plays. The more things we do that are designed specifically to tell him we want him to stay, the more uncomfortable he is going to feel... what's the good of that?

Yeah me too. It was made doubly bad by the cameras at the ground focussing on it after the game on the big screen and then zooming in on Scully's head for about 30 seconds while the players were in the middle afterwards. I know the club probably has no control over that but a quiet word to the MCC couldn't hurt.

Any game day complaints the MCC direct you to the AFL.

Edited by Harrisonrules

whoever made that banner is a muppet. I'm sure they are reading this now, yes, you, you are a muppet.

thanks for INSTANTLY taking the gloss off a 15 goal win by giving the media a vehicle to overshadow it with the Scully debacle, for putting a bit more pressure on the kid, and reminding everyone we are a desperate minnow club, well done

who ever made that banner wants the best for the mfc. we all want him to stay so whats the harm? pull your head out of your arse pal...

who ever made that banner wants the best for the mfc. we all want him to stay so whats the harm? pull your head out of your arse pal...

+1

FFS, it's a supporters banner, way to fit the whingeing grumpy non-spirited out-of-touch old fashioned MFC supporter stereotype

who ever made that banner wants the best for the mfc. we all want him to stay so whats the harm?

I agree.

Supporters find various ways to support their club.

Some get onto forums and eviscerate the character of someone they 'just know' is leaving, and some make signs.

One is healthier than the other...

Guest 36DD

Haha, oh dear, MFCSS kicking in pretty hard there C & B...

From my understanding MFCSS would have been responsible for the creation of the banner not its condemnation.

Please stay, please like me, please love me...not really strong, confident and assertive.

Edited by 36DD

From my understanding MFCSS would have been responsible for the creation of the banner not its condemnation.

Please stay, please like me, please love me...not really strong, confident and assertive.

Actually, they were just saying please stay #31 cos we're on the way up, whereas: "reminding everyone we are a desperate minnow club" would be pretty obviously an MFCSS symptom

How about we start a fund that pays a bonus to one club MFC players who win us a premiership. Out side of their footy time (and the salary cap) but a nice earner when they retire??? Members are asked to donate $500 for each flag we win, money banked till premiership players retire... boom :o That would be 18 mill if we snagged one this year...

Edited by PaulRB

Actually, they were just saying please stay #31 cos we're on the way up, whereas: "reminding everyone we are a desperate minnow club" would be pretty obviously an MFCSS symptom

you wouldnt see the Pies supporters do it because a) they manage to keep their gun players and not be in this situation and B) they have enough pride to put the club before the individual and they can go forth if they dont want to be a part of it

should have put 'ill be ya best friend' at the end of it

Watts and McKenzie are tracking better than Scully so far in their careers, how will it sit with them to watch Scully snatch some of their salary because of all this garbage

club first

you wouldnt see the Pies supporters do it because a) they manage to keep their gun players and not be in this situation and B) they have enough pride to put the club before the individual and they can go forth if they dont want to be a part of it

Feel free to go and barrack for them then Champ...

Guest 36DD

I agree.

Supporters find various ways to support their club.

Some get onto forums and eviscerate the character of someone they 'just know' is leaving, and some make signs.

One is healthier than the other...

Mate you are anything but consistent. Your constant theme re Scully has been to portray a strong and confident culture and yet you support someone making a banner begging a player to stay.

On another thread you say "I really wish we could arrogantly sit back and say we will keep him"

What's it to be?

The banner was pathetic and lame and I fail to see how it could have a positive effect on the situation.

Edited by 36DD

Mate you are anything but consistent. Your constant theme re Scully has been to portray a strong and confident culture and yet you support someone making a banner begging a player to stay.

On another thread you say "I really wish we could arrogantly sit back and say we will keep him"

What's it to be?

The banner was pathetic and lame and I fail to see how it could have a positive effect on the situation.

I don't think it is begging.

A fan wanted to get an obvious message across.

How does he put it if not "Tom please stay"?

"Don't leave you [censored]!"?

"We don't need you, but if you stick around - sweet"?

"Playerthatagreestostaysayswhat - Gotcha!!"?

The fan who made that sign wants his player to stay at his club.

As opposed to the 'neverending rumour believers' who are now certain Eddie is conspiring and that Tom will end up, not at GWS, but at another Melbourne club.

As opposed to those who want the club to give a 'sign here or play with Fev' ultimatum to Tom - showing no confidence in the clubs ability to convince a kid to stay at the end of the year.

Just give me a sign that isn't weak and pathetic and gives the same message. Because surely you are not against signs? Or is it bad to say in any form of communication "please stay, Tom"?

Or is the 'please'?

Yes, politeness is a sign (heh) of weakness...

Non-issue - fans make signs.

Watts and McKenzie are tracking better than Scully so far in their careers, how will it sit with them to watch Scully snatch some of their salary because of all this garbage

club first

Not too fussed about all the scully talk, but I gotta agree with this sentence. It would be quite unfair to be paying Scully a ridiculous % of the cap, therefore potentially undervaluing, and alienating, other players.

Yeh, pendles signed for 1 year keeping gws in the picture and Thomas hasn't signed anything.

Guest 36DD

I don't think it is begging.

A fan wanted to get an obvious message across.

How does he put it if not "Tom please stay"?

"Don't leave you [censored]!"?

"We don't need you, but if you stick around - sweet"?

"Playerthatagreestostaysayswhat - Gotcha!!"?

The fan who made that sign wants his player to stay at his club.

As opposed to the 'neverending rumour believers' who are now certain Eddie is conspiring and that Tom will end up, not at GWS, but at another Melbourne club.

As opposed to those who want the club to give a 'sign here or play with Fev' ultimatum to Tom - showing no confidence in the clubs ability to convince a kid to stay at the end of the year.

Just give me a sign that isn't weak and pathetic and gives the same message. Because surely you are not against signs? Or is it bad to say in any form of communication "please stay, Tom"?

Or is the 'please'?

Yes, politeness is a sign (heh) of weakness...

Non-issue - fans make signs.

Mate I must say I was (am) surprised by your stance on the banner, from where I sit, it shows no confidence in our ability to keep him. You have been pretty consistent that given the current "good health" of our club we should back ourselves that Scully will want to remain.

No not against signs, just thought it was a little tacky and desperate. I do welcome the supporters passion though, seems like they spent a bit of time on it.

Mate I must say I was (am) surprised by your stance on the banner, from where I sit, it shows no confidence in our ability to keep him. You have been pretty consistent that given the current "good health" of our club we should back ourselves that Scully will want to remain.

No not against signs, just thought it was a little tacky and desperate. I do welcome the supporters passion though, seems like they spent a bit of time on it.

The club should back itself and not listen to those who want to give an ultimatum to Tom.

A supporter can make his feelings known to a particular player, I don't see the desperation there.

Maybe because we are coming from a position of desperation as fans. We support our club, have a minor voice, but still want our views to be known.

I would be against the club making a sign in relation to Tom.

I hope my semantical movement has cleared that up.

Guest 36DD

The club should back itself and not listen to those who want to give an ultimatum to Tom.

A supporter can make his feelings known to a particular player, I don't see the desperation there.

Maybe because we are coming from a position of desperation as fans. We support our club, have a minor voice, but still want our views to be known.

I would be against the club making a sign in relation to Tom.

I hope my semantical movement has cleared that up.

Perhaps the recent statement by Lynch tells us that all the speculation is giving Scully the s^&ts.

The sign brought undue attention to the situation, of course the football world are aware us supporters want him to stay, I feel its better left unsaid. The media these days will jump on anything, why feed them?

Perhaps the recent statement by Lynch tells us that all the speculation is giving Scully the s^&ts.

The sign brought undue attention to the situation, of course the football world are aware us supporters want him to stay, I feel its better left unsaid. The media these days will jump on anything, why feed them?

I don't see how you can blame this sign writer for the media speculation.

The 'don't go' sign is a symptom of the speculation, not a cause of it.

The media is relentless on this, and require nothing more than a 'new' or 'slightly altered' rumour each week to continue writing about it.

The fuel is coming from no-nothing sh!tstirrers or deliberate misinformers (Gubby Allan and his tentacles throughout the footy media).

In fact, the media has also written/talked about what other players in the media have written/talked about.

They are like rabbits - they have to eat their excrement at least once to make sure they digested it...

I really like that metaphor.

In fact, the media has also written/talked about what other players in the media have written/talked about.

They are like rabbits - they have to eat their excrement at least once to make sure they digested it...

I really like that metaphor.

So did I.