Tom Scully

Rogue

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear what you are saying but that is a might big allegation. You are making two very distasteful allegations

1/ Tom Scully straight out lied to us.

2/ We have a "rat" inside our camp.

Now I barrack for the Dees, so I'm somewhat biased. But I will believe neither.

While their is 0.000001% hope I will fight on. Its part of my make up ... yet sadly so many around here drop their heads and give up ... all based on idle media speculation. When two tribes go to war, for god sake make sure the bloke next to you in the trenches is not a quitter.

To answer your two points:

1. He may well not have lied and simply made this decision after that press conference.

2. Far from being a 'rat', the person/s leaking the information would see themselves as acting in the club's interests. If he's gone, the only path left for us is to seek compensation (exactly what Schwarz said when he went to air with his 98% call). The first way to do this is to generate media support for our plight. The second is to continue to allow Scully to play and hopefully play well, thus increasing our bargaining power.

That is both pragmatic and understandable.

From an MFC supporter's point of view, I'll grant you the whole thing is extremely distasteful and we have every right to feel bitter about it.

Why on earth, when we had the chance, did we not stamp our feet and insist on a moratorium on the poaching of recent high draft picks!

Edited by Range Rover

Guest hangon007

To answer your two points:

1. He may well not have lied and simply made this decision after that press conference.

So wait ... you are saying he said one think in the press conference ... yet after he changed his mind. All based on what ... idle media speculation.

2. Far from being a 'rat', the person/s leaking the information would see themselves as acting in the club's interests. If he's gone, the only path left for us is to seek compensation (exactly what Schwarz said when he went to air with his 98% call). The first way to do this is to generate media support for our plight. The second is to continue to allow Scully to play and hopefully play well, thus increasing our bargaining power.

That is both pragmatic and understandable.

Ahhhhh so you dont have "a belly" and the will to fight. You want to concede and negotiate terms.

I hope like hell our players & Footy department never think like that. Sorry, but I think this whole "Scully Saga" raises a much larger under lying issues inside our supporter base.

I don't think journo's would risk their reputations so much by coming out and speaking so surely that he's gone. Wouldn't their credibility be crushed if they were wrong here?

Mark Stevens/Ox do not have a reputation/credibility that can be crushed.

So wait ... you are saying he said one think in the press conference ... yet after he changed his mind. All based on what ... idle media speculation.

Ahhhhh so you dont have "a belly" and the will to fight. You want to concede and negotiate terms.

I hope like hell our players & Footy department never think like that. Sorry, but I think this whole "Scully Saga" raises a much larger under lying issues inside our supporter base.

I'm saying he either lied (which I don't believe) or yes he has since changed his mind and informed the club of his decision to leave (just as he said he would).

I'm just a realist mate. Sometimes you lose a few battles on your way to winning the war.

Guest hangon007

I'm saying he either lied (which I don't believe) or yes he has since changed his mind and informed the club of his decision to leave (just as he said he would).

Yip ... all based on idle media specualtion.

I'm just a realist mate. Sometimes you lose a few battles on your way to winning the war.

Yip. But you cant win the war if you want to negotiate terms and concede the battles. Sometimes you have to stand and fight. If we dont stand and fight for a number 1 draft pick & one of the best young footballers in the land ... where are we then?

Plus ... who you want to "negotiate" are bank rolling GWS, I'm just not sure how much of a fair hearing you would get, plus they have a history of attaching hidden strings to ever concession. We have to learn to live on our own two feet.

However, I hope like hell our players are not "realists".

Guest hangon007

I don't think journo's would risk their reputations so much by coming out and speaking so surely that he's gone. Wouldn't their credibility be crushed if they were wrong here?

As somebody said above ... "oh my source was wrong, their information was wrong... that not my fault" ...

Guest hangon007

Why on earth, when we had the chance, did we not stamp our feet and insist on a moratorium on the poaching of recent high draft picks!

All clubs had equal input into the process, we actually had CS on the panel. We agreed to the rules, as all clubs did.

No argument with you there. Nice of us, wasn't it?

Hang on, we didnt agree to the rules. Our suggestion was ignored by Vlad and the Vladettes. What can you do faced with them. They could have argued to they were blue in the face but they were never going to be listened to because there was another agenda.

Disturbing lack of foresight from Cam Schwab if that panel did not force the issue with the AFL. More likely that it was forced, but that a certain fat controller on a power trip with the initials AD told them it was his way or the highway.

Hang on, we didnt agree to the rules. Our suggestion was ignored by Vlad and the Vladettes. What can you do faced with them. They could have argued to they were blue in the face but they were never going to be listened to because there was another agenda.

We didn't? What suggestion are you referring to?

As somebody said above ... "oh my source was wrong, their information was wrong... that not my fault" ...

Yeah I guess, I just don't like the certainty from these public names, because I know a lot of people will never believe a thing that comes out of Steven's mouth should Scully stay, even if he does blame it on dodgy sources.

Disturbing lack of foresight from Cam Schwab if that panel did not force the issue with the AFL. More likely that it was forced, but that a certain fat controller on a power trip with the initials AD told them it was his way or the highway.

Agree. It's easy to point the finger of blame in hindsight but gee you do wonder if more could have been done at the time.

Guest hangon007

Rubbish. We all agreed in the rules of engagement & what the compensation should be.

All based on the theory we didn't want another Brisbane Bears/ Brisbane Lions fiasco.

Guest hangon007

Agree. It's easy to point the finger of blame in hindsight but gee you do wonder if more could have been done at the time.

More was done at the time. The "first set of proposed" guidelines for compensation where changed prior to GC17 & GWS entering the draft & trade process.

Edited by hangon007

More was done at the time. The "first set of proposed" guidelines for compensation where changed prior to GC17 & GWS entering the draft & trade process.

I wasn't talking about compensation but about the farcical situation of having your priority draft pick ripped off you two years after you called his name out on draft night.

Not enough was done.

Guest hangon007

I wasn't talking about compensation but about the farcical situation of having your priority draft pick ripped off you two years after you called his name out on draft night.

Not enough was done.

So who are you blaming? The rules were quite specific regarding un-contracted players.

Edited by hangon007

Guest hangon007

Schwab was on the panel that agreed to these rules was he not?

Yeah but he was only 1 of 15ish. They all had there say. All clubs agreed to the panel in the first place.

You cant blame one person.

Edited by hangon007

Ok are you 99.5% positive he is going to GWS?

i am 99.6% sure that his disposal isn't good enough for the massive $$$ being touted. there will already be enough pressure on our list in 2012 from other raiders.

we would be better to cut our losses:

Battle at GWS Park:

Starring: Tom as The Young Buffalo

Gubby Allen and Kevin Sheedy as the nasty lions

Big Jim Stynes as the Buffalo King

MFC as the herd of buffalos

AFL money men as the two evil crocodiles

Plot: Can Big Jim inflict mortal damage on the nasty lions as they seek to lure our tom away into the clutches of the GWS? Has Tom's dodgy knee been injured beyond repair by the AFL money men?

Will there be replacement baby buffalos in the event our tom doesn't make it?

This is a really good point. However, surely we have to give the kid TS the benefit of the doubt until its 100% proven otherwise.

I've said it before, but this is the classic divide an conquer strategy. I'm 100% tipping "the source" is a GWS source ...they are playing games with us.

I look at it this way ... if I had Scully signed I would shut my mouth and say nothing. However, if I didn't... the more the noise level raises, the more they think its going against them.

this thread is becoming boring, he's gone, just let him go. We've got plenty of other good young players anyway, also we will get an early draft pick

plus I've heard he has very dodgy knees and will only last another 4-5 years at most, this is the reason he's taking the money.