Our skills are deplorable

DeeZee

I really dont know how much more i can take of this.

We are going backwards.

My 10 year old son doesnt even want to go anymore he is embarrassed!

"Why do they keep kicking it to carlton players dad?"

I really dont know where we are at, its very depressing being a Dees fan.

It was wet. Plus our really good ball users are out. Can't we accept that we were beaten by a better team and we played alright. Nothing great, but ok under the circumstances.

It was wet. Plus our really good ball users are out. Can't we accept that we were beaten by a better team and we played alright. Nothing great, but ok under the circumstances.

No, Carlton didnt even get out of first gear and beat us by 7 goals.

We should still have some sort of basic awareness and skills to find a team mate.

I accept it looked like we were having a dip, but had no idea what to do with the ball once we got it

Our skills are not poor.

Skills BECOME poor when you're under pressure.

You're under pressure when you don't know how to counter your opposition's advances.

We can't counter our opposition's advances because of the structure.

Yep, our kicking in particular was dreadful. Cudos to the Candy Blues though - their pressure was magnificent, as was their ability to hit a target by hand and foot when under pressure. A few skill lowlights for us:

Warnock's dropped chest mark (goal)

Watts out on the full (missed any Dees player by 20 metres)

Frawley's 2 major fumbles (both cost a goal each)

Jones 3 inside 50's in the first quarter - straight to unattended Blues players.

And don't get me started on the slipping over. Were our players wearing skates or something. Aaaaggghhh!!!

My 11 yo son said the same thing "why are they kicking it to the Carlton players?"

No, Carlton didnt even get out of first gear and beat us by 7 goals.

We should still have some sort of basic awareness and skills to find a team mate.

I accept it looked like we were having a dip, but had no idea what to do with the ball once we got it

I think a lot of the blokes who consistently let us down are the fringe players who haven't earned their spots, but are in there because of injuries. Bennell, Warnock, Morton, Newton, Bate. Some others, eg Petterd are cruising because there is no pressure for spots ATM.

Our skills are not poor.

Skills BECOME poor when you're under pressure.

You're under pressure when you don't know how to counter your opposition's advances.

We can't counter our opposition's advances because of the structure.

Either way, we are still way below par.

If its the structure then its the coaches fault

Have a look at the team sheet for tonight's game. If you think that lineup is anything OTHER than a bottom four side you are delusional.

We still have good senior players in the side, Moloney,Sylvia,Jones,Green,Rivers,macdonald,Petterd,Bate.

and some pretty good yound talent in Watts,Jurrah,Maric,Frawley,Gysberts,Mckenzie etc.

We should still be doing alot better than what we are showing.

And don't get me started on the slipping over. Were our players wearing skates or something. Aaaaggghhh!!!

This ^^

Also, the first 15 minutes was probably the most pathetic standard of football I've seen. Can't recall watching two teams repeatedly turn the ball over so many times. Did we even have anyone playing inside 50m?

We still have good senior players in the side, Moloney,Sylvia,Jones,Green,Rivers,macdonald,Petterd,Bate.

and some pretty good yound talent in Watts,Jurrah,Maric,Frawley,Gysberts,Mckenzie etc.

We should still be doing alot better than what we are showing.

OK - so send out that team every week for the full season & where would you expect them to finish ?

Agree that tonight was deplorable. turnovers disgusting. What about taking some chances and actually going direct. I think our coach has been watching the round ball game and defending our position on the ladder. In soccer though you may sneak a nil all draw. Sorry Dean but that coverts to a 50 point loss in AFL.

Our future is bleak! Bring back the russian on one leg!

OK - so send out that team every week for the full season & where would you expect them to finish ?

Depends on structure, and passion and commitment.

Probably not top 8 but 10th or 11th.

We are playing at a level more like 15th or 16th

Depends on structure, and passion and commitment.

Probably not top 8 but 10th or 11th.

We are playing at a level more like 15th or 16th

You're totally deluded. With 8 blokes missing, name which sides we're better than.

Skills ...do we have any ?? jeebus there was some attorcious kicking.. Actually if yourre calrton is was good delivery to them :rolleyes:

SO much is down to confidence. Where Melbourne hesitated Carlton didnt. .

You're totally deluded. With 8 blokes missing, name which sides we're better than.

we are not better than many, thats what i mean....we are playing like a bottom 4 side.

The guys ive mentioned should be better than that.

Just dont work hard enough

Sorry but I don't expect us to surrender the match before the ball was bounced, just because we've got a lot of players out.

Bennell vs Garlett in the last quarter... same height, same speed, same body frame... Bennell beats him to the ball, slips over, Garlett goal. FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Then they AREN'T better.

You cant use injuries as an excuse forever mate.

In the West coast game we still had most of our good players on the park, but were still pathetic.

Its all about structure and desire and commitment.

You cant use injuries as an excuse forever mate.

In the West coast game we still had most of our good players on the park, but were still pathetic.

Its all about structure and desire and commitment.

Listen. With 8 blokes out tonight and some spuds in their place, we matched Carlton for contested balls, hard ball gets and tackles for most of the game.

That's desire and commitment.

Our structure was different tonight because of the injuries and the lack of ball carriers and shut down players in the back half. We had a 1st gamer, a 2nd gamer and other kids in.

I'm not a Bailey defender, but you just have to calm the hell down and look at this game for what it was.