Moderators

Ryan Dee

I dont talk to them as I would feel that they would just want to be left alone, maybe with all this twitter business that is the opposite of what they are looking for. i for one feel that twitter is incredibly self indulgent.

Good for you champ. Doesn't make a lick of difference whether you think it is incredibly self indulgent or not. At the end of the day, it is something he likes to do that makes absolutely no difference to your daily existence, and makes absolutely no difference to how he plays footy. Aside from that, the people that follow me on twitter are largely my friends, so how is that so self indulgent. I like to follow footy news, world news, surfing news. It is a way to find out about things that interest me when they happen. God, now that I look at it, it really is so self indulgent wanting to know what is going on in the world with things that interest me. Might have to shutdown my twitter account immediately.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stupid moderators.

I say that they should all have thier pay docked this fortnight.

Stupid moderators.

Nah, we should put their pay into the Footy Department :lol:

Back to the point, my initial thread should not have been locked. The moderator who locked it should put their hand up.

It was QueenC and having trawled thru the majority of this garbage I applaud her judgement....

Although I wouldn't have learned that your MLK quote was in fact a hoax, nor had the pleasure of RangeRover's classic line re: Jones' twitter (seriously, thinking that would make a great signature)

Lighten up MM - Yew!

Bad Taste to the extreme. We condemn futile deaths (which by the way the USA have caused more than any other sovereign nation) then we celebrate the death of another human being. The world is a sick place at the moment. Interesting that the 'War on terror' has worsened the threat of militant Islam and made the Christians more righteous and blood thirsty than ever before. The images from times Square reflect a sad time in Human History. Those who rejoice in the death of another need to look closely at their own self. The words of Martin Luther King ring true.

Never miss a chance to stick it to the USA. Maybe they would never have caused such death if the Japanese let them be in Pearl Harbor. But anyway...glad Osama is one less moderator on this earth.

Stupid moderators.

But whatever will my avatar baby eat?

We need to consider what alternatives the US/allied forces had.

Capture? What would that achieve? Would he actually do anything of value in a trial? Would we have learnt anything?

Imprisonment? He would have just sat in a prison for life, and died like a martyr.

The way he died, like a coward using a woman as a human shield, put him in the lowest light possible (even for a man as low as him). I can't think of any reasonable alternative. Either way, terrorism continues. Either way, people will die because of terrorists and the war. The US, in my mind, had no choice, and I feel that, given what he did to so many innocent people, those who celebrate his death have the right to do so.

Edit: Posted this without reading the thread. Suffice to say, seems like it had moved on from this. Oh well.

Edited by titan_uranus

Gary Lyon was asked about players using Twitter on FC last night and he was not impressed by it al all.

Gary Lyon was asked about players using Twitter on FC last night and he was not impressed by it al all.

more he said if they want to put themselves out there, then they should be the people who stand up

It was QueenC and having trawled thru the majority of this garbage I applaud her judgement....

Although I wouldn't have learned that your MLK quote was in fact a hoax, nor had the pleasure of RangeRover's classic line re: Jones' twitter (seriously, thinking that would make a great signature)

Lighten up MM - Yew!

I actually found out that the MLK quote isn't exactly a hoax, but a misquotation. He actually said something that means the same thing, but some idiot decided to say it differently. The first sentence is fabricated, but the rest is a poor paraphrase of the original.

"For through violence you may murder a murderer but you can't murder murder. Through violence you may murder a liar but you can't establish truth. Through violence you may murder a hater, but you can't murder hate. Darkness cannot put out darkness. Only light can do that." From Martin Luther Kings speech 'Where do we go from here" 1967. You can find it here Wikiquote - MLK if you are interested.

Thanks MM. I believe Jonesy gives his all so probably justified.

Lighten up MM - Yew!

By all means do Tricky. But I want royalties every time you post!

Back to the point, my initial thread should not have been locked. The moderator who locked it should put their hand up.

I would have thought it was fairly obvious who locked it. Have you even looked back at the thread?

As for your initial post in this thread... The irony is alarming.

You start a thread complaining about how your thread should not have been locked/deleted because this forum is about "free speech". Your then go on to condemn Jones for having an opinion on twitter. Free speech is good enough for you, but not for Jones? Get over yourself.

Guest 36DD

Good for you champ. Doesn't make a lick of difference whether you think it is incredibly self indulgent or not. At the end of the day, it is something he likes to do that makes absolutely no difference to your daily existence, and makes absolutely no difference to how he plays footy. Aside from that, the people that follow me on twitter are largely my friends, so how is that so self indulgent. I like to follow footy news, world news, surfing news. It is a way to find out about things that interest me when they happen. God, now that I look at it, it really is so self indulgent wanting to know what is going on in the world with things that interest me. Might have to shutdown my twitter account immediately.

Not expecting it will make a lick of difference, just simply my opinion, I could not give a crap what sports people and so called celebrities think about political events, as they simply aren't qualified to pass judgement. Oh, and i'm sure your friends are rapt to hear what you had for breakfast. Ricky Gervais does a great parody of "celebrity" in The Extras Christmas special, I encourage you to seek it out on youtube, it might help explain my stance.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

Exactly. Like I said in the thread about Green appearing on a footy show, Jones should be training 24/7, barring the hospital and school visits. Taking a minute or two out of the day to tweet? A DISGRACE.

I don't care unless someone spots him eating a pie. Then I'll demand he be delisted.

Not expecting it will make a lick of difference, just simply my opinion, I could not give a crap what sports people and so called celebrities think about political events, as they simply aren't qualified to pass judgement.

Are you serious? Not qualified to pass judgment on political events?

I could understand if you merely said you ignore political opinions of "sports people", but I would be interested to know what "qualifies" a person to pass judgment on political events in your eyes. Everyone is qualified to pass judgment and it would be ridiculous to suggest otherwise.

To be clear, I am not suggesting everyone is equally educated in political matters.

Bad Taste to the extreme. We condemn futile deaths (which by the way the USA have caused more than any other sovereign nation) then we celebrate the death of another human being. The world is a sick place at the moment. Interesting that the 'War on terror' has worsened the threat of militant Islam and made the Christians more righteous and blood thirsty than ever before. The images from times Square reflect a sad time in Human History. Those who rejoice in the death of another need to look closely at their own self. The words of Martin Luther King ring true.

I agree with the above. It's been estimated by Johan Galtung director of Transcend the International Peace Institute based in Oslo that the US has directly or indirectly killed 12 to 14 million people world wide since the second world war. Their carpet bombing of the North Vietnamese brings the word terror into sharp focus. Their support of criminal dictators like pinochet of Chile is legendary.

What they experienced on 9/11 is minute compared with what they've done to other sovereign countries over the years.

Edited by digby

I agree with the above. It's been estimated by Johan Galtung director of Transcend the International Peace Institute based in Oslo that the US has directly or indirectly killed 12 to 14 million people world wide since the second world war. Their carpet bombing of the North Vietnamese brings the word terror into sharp focus. Their support of criminal dictators like pinochet of Chile is legendary.

What they experienced on 9/11 is minute compared with what they've done to other sovereign countries over the years.

And where did this all originate from digby?

Or are you only telling half the story? The USA bashing part that sounds good?

I'm not glorifying anything they may be responsible for but if you are going to apportion blame solely at the hands of the USA, you are blacking out half the picture.

So so easy to bash America. 12 to 14 million? What a great estimate!

Exactly. Like I said in the thread about Green appearing on a footy show, Jones should be training 24/7, barring the hospital and school visits. Taking a minute or two out of the day to tweet? A DISGRACE.

Maybe they like many should get off Twitter and Facebook and actually read a book.

You know, the old offline blogs!

Might actually get quotes of MLK and others correct.