I love this club

45HG

I agree.

The media have been kicking us, since the start of the year.

Were the easist target in football this year.

I would rather the media kick us it shows we are relevant and we stand for something. The likes of Nth Melbourne & WB are lucky to get there stats published in any of the papers.

Edited by Steamin Demon

The assertion that MFC supporters accept mediocrity is wrong and to purport this trait as being endemic within our supporters is

That's exactly the type of post I've come to expect on here. The number of games comparison, the we didn't come to play syndrome, the we are missing players that's why we lost BLAH BLAH BLAH. Let's not forget that Davey was going to get dropped before the injury, Grimes has been passing the ball to the opposition more this year than he has to his team mates and I don't think that garland would have been he 88 point difference in Monday's game.

Richmond and North have won the same number of games as us and Richmond have improved on their position from last year and have show a lot more spirit than us; you do know that North creamed us don't you?

I've followed this team for over 50 years so I doubt anyone would question my commitment but it is getting harder and harder to turn up each week when they serve the sort of tripe they have this year.

Edited by Rogue
No need to quote massive slabs of text - just enough to indicate what you're replying to is fine

Guest Artie Bucco

You do work at the club

Pull the other one Artie....that is just Blind Rubbish.

You do work in a small capacity for the club....(keeping an eye on Demonland) for one.

"Nothing to see here..You can all go home...We are in control.

Yesterday was unnacceptable to most of us...and that infact includes the coach if you listen to his presser.

The Filth don't give a toss about QB, that's why they gave it to us each year as a home club....

Hahahahaha

You 2 are way more stupid than I thought!

It thought maybe you were under the impression that I was somehow related to a person involved with the club, but this is even better!

Conspiracy theories abound - the club is hiring people to talk sense on demonland, to quell the angry masses.

I love your sense of self-importance.

How incredibly sad...

Conspiracy theories abound - the club is hiring people to talk sense on demonland, to quell the angry masses.

Aww man, how did you score that gig? I've been posting here for years hoping the club would recruit me for that job. Shattered. IT'S ALL BEEN FOR NOTHING.

Edit: I do think the official position title of "Club Apologist" has a ring to it.

Edited by Nasher

Bottom line no excuses for the performance yesterday. We are small bodied, lack a plan B, lack the will to compete when we are down and this has been the case for longer than this group of players has been around.

That is it for yesterday, time to move on.

Guest Artie Bucco

You're kidding right? It's Dean isn't it? Brad? Cam Bruce?

Echo anyone?

Same old response from you RobbieF.

Blah blah blah.

Are you saying the result wouldn't have been the same the previous week, if Collingwood were our opponent and Essendon weren't?

So consistency is our problem?

Because young teams are inconsistent, they have a copyright on it, consistency comes with experience.

If that's our problem then it will solve itself with time.

But it's only one of many.

We actually came out with a real intensity and effort, and competed in the 1st quarter, but Collingwood just smashed us cos they're a hell of a lot better.

We were outworked, we panicked, we were physically intimidated.

I'm not sure how you can disagree with that.

Hahahahaha

It thought maybe you were under the impression that I was somehow related to a person involved with the club, but this is even better!

How incredibly sad...

Let's see, you've posted 671 times on here in 45 days and every one of your posts is either, in defence of the club, expressing your satisfaction with the way things are being handled, stating that the coach is doing a fine job (despite the fact that we have been belted several times since you started posting here), or attacking any poster who has a crack at the club or the coach. Now let's see, why would that lead people to the conclusion that you are either a stooge of the club or a fool that can't see his own nose.

Mind you the second option has as much credibility as the first so i'll leave it to others to form their own opinions.

Guest Artie Bucco

Aww man, how did you score that gig? I've been posting here for years hoping the club would recruit me for that job. Shattered. IT'S ALL BEEN FOR NOTHING.

Edit: I do think the official position title of "Club Apologist" has a ring to it.

I've just sent them my demonland CV.

It's not pretty.

Guest Artie Bucco

Let's see, you've posted 671 times on here in 45 days and every one of your posts is either, in defence of the club, expressing your satisfaction with the way things are being handled, stating that the coach is doing a fine job (despite the fact that we have been belted several times since you started posting here), or attacking any poster who has a crack at the club or the coach. Now let's see, why would that lead people to the conclusion that you are either a stooge of the club or a fool that can't see his own nose.

Mind you the second option has as much credibility as the first so i'll leave it to others to form their own opinions.

Hit a nerve did I Robbie?

Seriously, the personal attacks aren't needed.

I could do a synopsis of all of your posts:

- the club is crap, the coach needs to go, the players give no effort, we have no gameplan, I'm impatient, confused & hurt.

What does it achieve?

Your attacks on everything the club does are unnecessary.

If you paid any real attention you'd see I criticise the club plenty, when I think it's deserved.

It's thoughtless stupid criticism that I find offensive to my sensibilities.

And you're pretty good in that area.

Same old response from you RobbieF.

Blah blah blah.

Are you saying the result wouldn't have been the same the previous week, if Collingwood were our opponent and Essendon weren't?

So consistency is our problem?

Because young teams are inconsistent, they have a copyright on it, consistency comes with experience.

If that's our problem then it will solve itself with time.

But it's only one of many.

We actually came out with a real intensity and effort, and competed in the 1st quarter, but Collingwood just smashed us cos they're a hell of a lot better.

Do you understand why Collingwood are a good team?

They are well coached and they have a great process for bringing players on; do you really think they have a team of superstars? They're not, Geelong had a team of stars but Collingwood doesn't; it's all in the coaching and they have a good team of coaches, we don't. Line up our top recruits against theirs and see who should be the more talented and then see who is playing better football.

You keep talking about the imaginary Bailey coaching game plan well share it with us; what is it? You seem confident his plan will win out in the end, well if you are confident you obviously know what the plan is; share it, we want to know as well, put us at ease explain what this plan is. Surely you must know you've told us many times that it will all fall in to place in a few years, so get in on the ground floor gain some respect and tell us all what we should expect.

Guest Rojik of the Arctic

I thought the effort was there but the polish wasn't, which is what happens when you play good teams and they are at you all day. Some semblance of a forward line would have been nice but other than that they were just too strong, too talented and too fit.

We've got problems that need to be addressed but most (not all) of the damage done on Monday happened because Collingwood are just that good.

Something to aim for.

Hit a nerve did I Robbie?

Seriously, the personal attacks aren't needed.

I could do a synopsis of all of your posts:

- the club is crap, the coach needs to go, the players give no effort, we have no gameplan, I'm impatient, confused & hurt.

What does it achieve?

Your attacks on everything the club does are unnecessary.

If you paid any real attention you'd see I criticise the club plenty, when I think it's deserved.

It's thoughtless stupid criticism that I find offensive to my sensibilities.

And you're pretty good in that area.

No you haven't hit a nerve you're pretty much like all the other sycophants I've seen in the past, your just a little more cringeworthy that's all.

And BTW we let this club flounder for many years, it was almost on the point of extinction before Jimmy took hold and the reason it was in the [censored] was because people like you were prepared to accept the way thing were and were comfortable in letting things drift. Well I'm not prepared to tow the company line like some of the the sucks that hang around it.

Edited by RobbieF

Guest Artie Bucco

Do you understand why Collingwood are a good team?

They are well coached and they have a great process for bringing players on; do you really think they have a team of superstars? They're not, Geelong had a team of stars but Collingwood doesn't; it's all in the coaching and they have a good team of coaches, we don't. Line up our top recruits against theirs and see who should be the more talented and then see who is playing better football.

You keep talking about the imaginary Bailey coaching game plan well share it with us; what is it? You seem confident his plan will win out in the end, well if you are confident you obviously know what the plan is; share it, we want to know as well, put us at ease explain what this plan is. Surely you must know you've told us many times that it will all fall in to place in a few years, so get in on the ground floor gain some respect and tell us all what we should expect.

Collingwood are a good team because they're everything we aren't.

- physically mature and imposing.

- well drilled.

- experienced.

- full of good leadership.

Don't tell me what I "seem".

I have said that I don't have a clue if it'll work with a team developed like Collingwood's.

It's ignorant for you to infer that Bailey doesn't have one.

No matter what I say, I won't be able to articulate it so that you could understand it. You clearly won't accept it.

And if I could get you to, I'd probably be an AFL coach.

The problem is that you ignore so many salient factors that are out of the coach's control and that will be fixed in time.

If Bailey had ANY gameplan that was good enough to win a flag, he still doesn't have the cattle to implement it.

And you refuse to recognise that.

Guest Artie Bucco

No you haven't hit a nerve you're pretty much like all the other sycophants I've seen in the past, your just a little more cringeworthy that's all.

And BTW we let this club flounder for many years, it was almost on the point of extinction before Jimmy took hold and the reason it was in the [censored] was because people like you were prepared to accept the way thing were and were comfortable in letting things drift. Well I'm not prepared to tow the company line like some of the the sucks that hang around it.

Ah, the crux of it all.

Too scared for the requisite patience and understanding...

You're in a hurry to go nowhere, RobbieF.

Collingwood are a good team because they're everything we aren't.

- physically mature and imposing.

- well drilled.

- experienced.

- full of good leadership.

Don't tell me what I "seem".

I have said that I don't have a clue if it'll work with a team developed like Collingwood's.

It's ignorant for you to infer that Bailey doesn't have one.

No matter what I say, I won't be able to articulate it so that you could understand it. You clearly won't accept it.

And if I could get you to, I'd probably be an AFL coach.

The problem is that you ignore so many salient factors that are out of the coach's control and that will be fixed in time.

If Bailey had ANY gameplan that was good enough to win a flag, he still doesn't have the cattle to implement it.

And you refuse to recognise that.

Why didn't you just say "I really don't have a clue" that would have been good enough. Save on bandwidth.

Guest Artie Bucco

You try to shoot everything down without even considering my point of view or providing reasoned arguments, so why should I waste my energy trying to articulate it to you?

You're a waste of time RobbieF.

You try to shoot everything down without even considering my point of view or providing reasoned arguments, so why should I waste my energy trying to articulate it to you?

You're a waste of time RobbieF.

If you actually posted something relevant and something that wasn't like a quote from the MFC public relations book of spin then perhaps someone would take you seriously, but if you read your own posts you'll see they contain nothing, zero, zilch, just spin and fluff. What's the plan Artie, tell us, let us in on the secret, you know it share it.

But no you're right you just waste my time, I've got your measure, I know you for what you are and you know it.

it was almost on the point of extinction before Jimmy took hold and the reason it was in the [censored] was because people like you were prepared to accept the way thing were and were comfortable in letting things drift. Well I'm not prepared to tow the company line like some of the the sucks that hang around it.

If you actually posted something relevant and something that wasn't like a quote from the MFC public relations book of spin then perhaps someone would take you seriously

Astonishing the same MFC you credit with saving the club you then backhand by saying they're employing spin doctors.

Apparently anyone who doesn't agree with your extreme view are sucks.

Stands to reason if you think Jim saved us from extinction according to your own definition you are a suck.

Or is it that your that confused and disorientated you don't know what your talking about.

Astonishing the same MFC you credit with saving the club you then backhand by saying they're employing spin doctors.

Apparently anyone who doesn't agree with your extreme view are sucks.

Stands to reason if you think Jim saved us from extinction according to your own definition you are a suck.

Or is it that your that confused and disorientated you don't know what your talking about.

Sorry but I said Jimmy saved the club from possible extinction not the MFC saved the club from possible extinction.

Melbourne is like any other club and they have a management team in place that will always try and put the club in a positive light even if they aren’t traveling well. If you can't recognise that I suggest you take off the rose coloured glasses. I have faith in the team at the helm of the club but not blind faith and I’m sure that there are things they could do better and they would probably admit that. Being unhappy with the way the team is performing doesn’t make me a stand alone rebel and reading the crap that emanates from the keyboard of Artie reminds me of the garbage spewed out by one of Sadam’s spin doctors in the final days of the war in Iraq.

As to the other part about people not agreeing with me being sucks in my opinion, that's just rubbish, there are quite a few on here that agree with my point of view, which means they are not extreme, and there are others that don't and then there's Artie.

I'm not disorientated at all I just want what's best for the club and want the club to survive and prosper; if you don't then that's your call. I don't want us to go back to the Szondy days where we just drifted along and hoped that all was ok only to find out it wasn't.

It says it all when Morton, in one of his articles on our website, said that Bartram is one of the first players selected each week, it shows where our mentality is FFS.

Like Morton sits in at match committee. Anyway, it's a cliche used to praise Bartram's endeavour. I reckon most - perhaps you - would agree that if the rest of the players had displayed a similar level of competitiveness this year we'd be far happier about the season.

Hahahahaha

How incredibly sad...

You mentioned the words Conspiracy Theories Artie, not i...all i am doing is waiting for a straight answer. I don't hold any self importance, nor stand on any pedestal, i am a supporter and member off the MFC.

Your situation goes deeper....i am merely asking by how much...