Kelli Underwood GONE !!!

Steamin Demon

The best callers of the game are:

- Gerard Whateley

- Dennis Cometti

- Tim Lane

- Anthony Hudson

- Glenn Mitchell (unfortunately only covers games in WA)

None of them have played football at the top level and funnily enough as well as being the best callers of the game, most have far more football knowledge than the ex-football special comments people.

What annoys me most is that "experts" such as Robert Walls and Liam Pickering get paid to state the obvious.

Why are those two any good?

Kelli Underwood has been dumped from the CH10 commentary team. I for one think she was given a year too many, The days of watching MFC with sound turned down are finally over.

At the risk of sounding sexist, It's a mans game and I would like only men calling the action. Women can stick to goal umpiring if we must have them involved in the game.

Of they found a female commetti, I'd be all for her taking over from mcavaney... Seriously I'm trying to sell the dees to my yank mates over here, and without a doubt the most amateur part of the operation is the commentators.

- Gerard Whateley

- Dennis Cometti

- Tim Lane

- Anthony Hudson

Get Real those 2 little squirts drive me mad, Hudson especially he just yells flat out all the time-Particularly on SEN.

i have met Hudson a few times-he is shorter than me!!!! and i am short i can tell you.

He yells to remind everyone he is still in the room!!!!

I am guessing Whateley is also jockey size (and yet another Cat supporter!!!)

- Gerard Whateley

- Dennis Cometti

- Tim Lane

- Anthony Hudson

None of them have played football at the top level and funnily enough as well as being the best callers of the game, most have far more football knowledge than the ex-football special comments people.

What annoys me most is that "experts" such as Robert Walls and Liam Pickering get paid to state the obvious.

So on the money Clint. Just about name the whole ABC team

Get Real those 2 little squirts drive me mad, Hudson especially he just yells flat out all the time-Particularly on SEN.

i have met Hudson a few times-he is shorter than me!!!! and i am short i can tell you.

He yells to remind everyone he is still in the room!!!!

I am guessing Whateley is also jockey size (and yet another Cat supporter!!!)

Gerard Whateley is the best caller of AFL by far, and I am sorry you have little man syndrome.

Ask a blind man who the best callers are. He will know the answer and be spot on. Articulation (is that a word)? Is required not the blahblah, same one liners all the time. Then they try and be funny or controvsial for the sack of it.

Clearly the games best commentators are not the ones on tv (although Tim Lane is).

Brian Taylor is streets ahead of everyone.

The MMM crew worked together fantastically before he left and they have suffered because of it, Rex doesn't hold a candle.

Gerard Whateley is the best caller of AFL by far, and I am sorry you have little man syndrome.

Interesting how we all hear it differently...Gerard Whateley drives me nuts and i have to to turn him off. Simple as that.

Clearly the games best commentators are not the ones on tv (although Tim Lane is).

The MMM crew worked together fantastically before he left and they have suffered because of it, Rex doesn't hold a candle.

I used to thoroughly enjoy listening to the Triple M crew when BT was part of it. Still okay but hasn't recaptured the humour and entertainment quality of that dynamic.

Poor old Rexy is at least 5 years past his used by date. Strange choice by the station heads and I agree I think it has hurt them.

Anthony Hudson is by far my least favourite commentator. He sounds like that little boy at the back of the class who always has his hand up, over-eager to be heard.

Edited by Range Rover

I used to thoroughly enjoy listening to the Triple M crew when BT was part of it. Still okay but hasn't recaptured the humour and entertainment quality of that dynamic.

Poor old Rexy is at least 5 years past his used by date. Strange choice by the station heads and I agree I think it has hurt them.

Anthony Hudson is by far my least favourite commentator. He sounds like that little boy at the back of the class who always has his hand up, over-eager to be heard.

Exactly Mate, Beautiful way of putting it.

Honestly, she was very ordinary and it's good she's been given the Basil Brush. It's not because she's a woman, it's because she was terrible at the gig. Keep women involved in the game if they are the best position for a job, in this case, she was clearly not.

I can't stand Tim Lane. Probably because he usually does Carlton games.

Hudson is just loud and annoying.

Good commentators are like good umpires. If you don't notice them much they are good. The good ones paint a picture of the game and don't distract listeners or watchers from being absorbed by the game whether on TV or the radio. The ones I seem to know or remember well are the annoying ones like Rex Hunt and some others. Kelli was somewhat distracting but only because of her female voice. I didn't mind much to what she had to say.

Edited by america de cali

It's good she's been given the Basil Brush. It's not because she's a woman, it's because she was terrible at the gig.

Precisely.

Others have made valid points but her tone aside, the thing that always bugged me about her was her resort to old football cliches. There was nothing fresh or original in what she had to say.

Sorry to see she is still going to do some work with the ABC - that'll drag them down.

Precisely.

Others have made valid points but her tone aside, the thing that always bugged me about her was her resort to old football cliches. There was nothing fresh or original in what she had to say.

Sorry to see she is still going to do some work with the ABC - that'll drag them down.

I don't think it is necessary to say anything fresh and original. We don't want Vaudeville comedians, poets or cheer leaders. Just to describe and analyse the game in a lucid manner so fans can understand. The game is supposed to provide the entertainment and not the commentators. All commentators use the well known cliches because most fans would not comprehend anything else.

Edited by america de cali