Ultimate Footy

JACKATTACK

Going on Dappa Dan's rants recently he should have no problem accepting my offer of Ash McGrath for Shaun McKernan. McKernan has a projected ranking of 383 while McGraths is 328. McGrath has played every game this season why McKernan has only played 1. Add to this, his starting defender, Crameri hurt his knee and couldn't complete the match so McGrath should slot straight into his backline. I should expect this trade to be accepted sometime today, right?

What the hell are you people talking about?

When did I say projected rankings govern a player's value?!!

Ryder's ACTUAL value is 7... Gray's is... jesus. Who cares, it's not 7!!! The projected and actual coupled together, along with a persons knowledge of the game is what governs choice. In an unusual trade like the Gray Ryder one, why not just get online, and explain that he's the highest ranked forward you could find, and the one most likely to kick accurately and kick more bags?!! How hard is it to comprehend that?!! Even if it is pure fantasy, just say it... and problem solved!

As for McKernan, are any of you twits actually seriously thinking I'm gonna trade a forward who's getting plenty of the ball, kicking goals and getting hitouts for anything beyond an ACTUAL ranking of about 80?

Get a grip you lot. You all seem to think Jackattack is the genius here, and accept his reasoning... and while I certainly bow to the master, I've been playing this game exactly as long as he has, and understand the vagueries almost as well.

Back in your boxes, and have some respect for someone who's only trying to help smooth the way through a tricky minefield... once again... from bitter experience.

And robbo... when you have a serious trade, let me know. Otherwise stop wasting my time with your passive aggressive hissy fits.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hightower. I can't think of one in your list that makes sense. I could ask for Goodes or Simpson... but you wouldn't go for that. And Waters isn't enough... I can't think of any sweeteners either.

It is SO subjective.

I find it amusing that being my first go at this, I've spoken to two experienced campaigners of Ultimate Footy in JackAttack and Dappa Dan and yet they both have differences of opinion on "Projected rankings". One prefers projected, the other sees actual as the be-all and end-all.

Dappa, asking for a blue chip mid (ie. actual rank of 50 or better) for McKernan in nonsense. Bennell at 115 ?

As for McKernan, are any of you twits actually seriously thinking I'm gonna trade a forward who's getting plenty of the ball, kicking goals and getting hitouts for anything beyond an ACTUAL ranking of about 80?

Get a grip you lot.

You're not doing yourself any favours here Dappa.

Don't listen to him SnomeD, I'll give you much better value than Gray for Ryder.

Here is the rub - if you think a trade is not fair, then you should provide a counteroffer, not have the rest of the league veto the trade.

It may well be HOW the function is used, but it is not WHY the function is there.

If you don't like a trade: counteroffer, don't veto.

Here is the rub - if you think a trade is not fair, then you should provide a counteroffer, not have the rest of the league veto the trade.

It may well be HOW the function is used, but it is not WHY the function is there.

If you don't like a trade: counteroffer, don't veto.

Certainly that shouldn't happen, and I would hope that no coach has vetoed a trade based on the fact that they think they can get a better deal out of one of the trading teams.

Is it so hard to believe that 6 coaches looked at the trade at face value and saw a port forward without form precedent and ranked much lower than one of the premier players in the comp (UFooty wise at least) being traded and thought it seemed off? ANd that it was not some consipracy by them to effect a trade themselves, or attempt to give themselves an edge by blocking other teams?

You don't have to agree with them, but you can at least respect that they have a different point of view than you.

Robbo, I am neither here nor there or whether the trade should have been veto'ed or not. To me it came across as enormously surprising however, to be fair to some of the website there were countless comments made by Jackattack and others who waited to veto the trade for you for you or snomeD to get online and give us reasoning on why the trade should go through. I understand your frustration but at the same time countless efforts were made by many to get some idea what was in your heads... Its a pity we only got an answer a week after the trade was offered.

Robbo, I am neither here nor there or whether the trade should have been veto'ed or not. To me it came across as enormously surprising however, to be fair to some of the website there were countless comments made by Jackattack and others who waited to veto the trade for you for you or snomeD to get online and give us reasoning on why the trade should go through. I understand your frustration but at the same time countless efforts were made by many to get some idea what was in your heads... Its a pity we only got an answer a week after the trade was offered.

Still haven't heard from SnomeD.

I don't know about Snomed but I personally can only view this website at certain times. I did reply in the Ultimate Footy website not realising that debate that had started here. In the end its just a game so I'll get over it.

Don't listen to him SnomeD, I'll give you much better value than Gray for Ryder.

Wasting your time there Jack Attack. I don't think SnomeD posts on Demonland.

Totally agree with your earlier Post, Lets all move on from the failed Ryder/ Gray attempt, now all us newbies

have a better handle on the scoring, & tactics involved lets get stuck into enjoying this challenge.

Anyone interested in Boomer Harvey? :-)P

Edited by Old Man Rivers

Certainly that shouldn't happen, and I would hope that no coach has vetoed a trade based on the fact that they think they can get a better deal out of one of the trading teams.

Is it so hard to believe that 6 coaches looked at the trade at face value and saw a port forward without form precedent and ranked much lower than one of the premier players in the comp (UFooty wise at least) being traded and thought it seemed off?

Or a poster came on here and told them to do an action they have never done before and have no idea of its function.

I reiterate my opposition to liberal use the veto.

Those that have done this before need to take a back seat and let everyone find their feet, if you don't - your fear of having half of us lose interest in this game will be a self-fulfilling prophecy...

Edited by rpfc

Or a poster came on here and told them to do an action they have never done before and have no idea of its function.

I reiterate my opposition to liberal use the veto.

Those that have done this before need to take a back seat and let everyone find their feet, if you don't - your fear of having half of us lose interest in this game will be a self-fulfilling prophecy...

Your objection is noted.

Happy to get away with the win in a tight contest with Old Man Rivers over the weekend. Love the way the scoring works ...

I am in the market or a ruckman though. Any trade offer will be considered ...

snuck away with another one RR... Thought i might've snuck it - I think it was the frees that won it. Was never going to beat you on possies but i knew i had scoring and hit outs covered. couple of injuries/the bye hurt big time

Chill out champ. Jackattack's put the time in organising and trying to teach people. He wasn't the only one who vetoed, he simply stated that he thought the trade was poorly weighted. Just like you saw fit to personally attack him. If you're losing interest tell us earlier i'm sure someones willing to play who won't have a sook.

Wasting your time there Jack Attack. I don't think SnomeD posts on Demonland.

Totally agree with your earlier Post, Lets all move on from the failed Ryder/ Gray attempt, now all us newbies

have a better handle on the scoring, & tactics involved lets get stuck into enjoying this challenge.

Anyone interested in Boomer Harvey? :-)P

Don't enjoy it to much- you play me this week and I need a strong showing.I'm loving the game- however it has been hard to get into it. Next year we newcomers will have a better footing. It has been hard work trying to get a grip on it. We should have gained a better insight from you old timers whom have the experience of playing before. Dappa stood back and didn't give an inch. I'll belt him when his turn comes around.

Edited by jayceebee31

Chill out champ. Jackattack's put the time in organising and trying to teach people. He wasn't the only one who vetoed, he simply stated that he thought the trade was poorly weighted. Just like you saw fit to personally attack him. If you're losing interest tell us earlier i'm sure someones willing to play who won't have a sook.

Come on DL7. I think it's healthy debate and rpfc makes a good point - it's not a sook; it's expressing a point of view. If it's sooking you want, see the "Vent your spleen" thread - it has plenty of that content. Most people know where things stand now re: trades. rpfc has stated something similar to what has been previously posted on this same topic. We understand the good work JA has put in - we haven't forgotten that. It's a topic that is worth discussing in what and how trades are conducted.

Let's move on now.

Personally attack him?

Sook?

Champ?

Ugh.

snuck away with another one RR... Thought i might've snuck it - I think it was the frees that won it. Was never going to beat you on possies but i knew i had scoring and hit outs covered. couple of injuries/the bye hurt big time

Good battle Jako. My mids (Swan, Rioli and Dal Santo) will put me in the box seat most weeks if they continue current form. Happy with my defenders and forward structure, too.

Rucks I fall away a bit but hoping NicNat will lift his output as the season progresses.

Ouch.

I might throw up a trade for brown later today, he surely couldn't be worth much.

Whilst he is on the sideline for the time being, he is worth a great deal. And will be on his return.

Must be a good offer.