Demons to investigate new Docklands base

redman

I thought Cox architects did the latest MCG redevelopment?

was combined effort between both firms

This was a joint venture something that usually happens on major developments like this, both Cox and Daryl Jackson were involved.

July 2008

The design of the MCG’s northern stand redevelopment has won more acclaim, with the project’s architects snaring a major award at the 2008 Australian Institute of Architects Victorian Architecture Awards.

The MCG5 architects – comprising Cox Sanderson Ness, Daryl Jackson Architects, Hassell, HOK Sport and Tompkins Shaw & Evans – are now in line for this year’s national Sir Zelman Cowan Award for public architecture, announced in October.

Edited by RobbieF

I thought Cox architects did the latest MCG redevelopment?

was combined effort between both firms

Amazing for essendon by the sounds of it..... 2 grounds such as that wow

You could be right.

Not sure which upgrades DJ was involves in, but these things tend to be collaborations anyway.

It does sound impressive, but at the same time - what effect could it really have?

1%? 2%?

I know those percentages make all the difference at the top end, but I think only then.

Textbook ignorance.

They did what the client asked for.

Blame the "turf engineers" or whatever they get called.

Theyre architects.... they deal all the time with shadows etc.. They SHOULD have known they were mis-orietaitng the whole bloody stadium.

If theyd been told to jump off a bridge , would they , jsut because someone said so ? Of course not.

Basically called epic fail. Seriously. Should never have occured.

Worked up tonight Belzbub?

Fair to say they would have advised against it. But unless you want to lose a massive job like that, you do what your client wants.

Unless you have knowledge that it was either their recommendation or that they in fact never thought of it, then fair enough. But you are getting a tad over excited on the issue.

Not worked up at all.. couldnt care less really about wastelands. . The simple fact is , its a stuff up. They obviously didnt advise heavily enough. No one accepts it was built to the correct orientation , hindsight or otherwise.

What exacctly is the point Luts.. Essendon are building an oval ?? big whoopd de doo. Are they going to sytheseise a weather machine to faciltate all parameters as well. . They going to employ hunderds of talented athletes to replicate real opposition ? Of course not. Theyre just building an oval. Two, to the shapes of Wastelands and the G. Good for them.

I should imagine if we go to Doclands wed build a G to play on also. All of these steps and innovations can only go so far. Its whats between the ears that matters most. Thats actually the point.

I cannot believe how much the current Board and administration have moved the MFC in such a short period of time.

Big plaudits to Jim,Cameron, Don and everyone else.....

It was the Gardner Board that instigated AAMI stadium, not Jimmy. Jimmy's board oversaw the fine detail of the contracts but had nothing to do with the vision of moving to AAMI.

The same can be said for Casey. Connolly and Gardners Board worked on Casey and Jimmy's Board finalized negotiations and the deal to take the 20 year agreement.

It was Gutnick's Board that started the Bentliegh club project. Jimmy's Board was there when the vision was realized after each Board nurtured the project.

Jimmy's Board has raised money and put us on a much improved financial footing and if we end up at Dockland's they will be primarily responsible.

Credit where it's due, it was Gardner that moved us from the worst to one of the best training facilities in the AFL and achieved what no other Board had been able to do.

Problem is that Docklands is a dry, dull and ugly place.

If I were the Dees I'd be pushing the council to fix that failure of a project up, just as the businesses now are. Some are threatening not to renew their lease unless the place is given some life and amenities for staff and consumers. Plopping down concrete slabs with restaurants and shops isn't a way to attract consumers. The wheel is space that could have been used to create another botanical garden...and it wouldn't have cost us millions of dollars or cracked apart in 45 degree weather...

I have no issue with this -- the club looking to get a base -- but I just hate Docklands. I really hope they clean it up a bit once the Markets move to Epping.

If there's no point in yur view, feel free to simply not post in the thread.

You can do that from time to time, you know.

Your shallow understanding of the concepts add nothing of value.

The thread is essentially about a possible move by Melbourne and consolidatingall aspects in a purpose designed/build facility at Docklands... You want to rabbit on about Essendon and the Jackson component. Who gives a ...honestly. You bignoting or somethng as it had NOTHING to do with our going to a new home in reality.

I understand much..but please..continue trolling

Trolling?

I offer some vaguely relevant info to the detail of state-of-the-art facilities, and you reply with an ill-informed snipe, but I'm trolling?

Saying I know someone that knows someone that is involved with a new training facility isn't "bignoting" where I come from.

Strange interpretations from a man that has something to say about everything, yet says so little.

The thread is essentially about a possible move by Melbourne and consolidatingall aspects in a purpose designed/build facility at Docklands... You want to rabbit on about Essendon and the Jackson component. Who gives a ...honestly. You bignoting or somethng as it had NOTHING to do with our going to a new home in reality.

I understand much..but please..continue trolling

Stop talking rubbish, you ruin what was some interesting infomation. When I go through a topic I see your name I skip your comments all together. You post on everything and have the same tone about everything.

Stop talking rubbish, you ruin what was some interesting infomation. When I go through a topic I see your name I skip your comments all together. You post on everything and have the same tone about everything.

You obviously lack any comprehension what spoever...now go and sook elsewhere.. put me on ignore or whatever yamnks your littel chain sonny.

Some of us were actually discussing something.

Trolling?

I offer some vaguely relevant info to the detail of state-of-the-art facilities, and you reply with an ill-informed snipe, but I'm trolling?

Saying I know someone that knows someone that is involved with a new training facility isn't "bignoting" where I come from.

Strange interpretations from a man that has something to say about everything, yet says so little.

The thread was about Melbourne intereest in Docklands.. you spout about knowing someone involved with designing the Essendon base.. Sorry if I really missed the relevance. sorry what was your point again ? was their one ?

As an aside. Answer me this though.. if Wastelands was built today would it be built as is , or at a close to 9o deg variance ?

The thread was about Melbourne intereest in Docklands.. you spout about knowing someone involved with designing the Essendon base.. Sorry if I really missed the relevance. sorry what was your point again ? was their one ?

As an aside. Answer me this though.. if Wastelands was built today would it be built as is , or at a close to 9o deg variance ?

I was enjoying Lutz input into the thread. It was on topic and related to stadium/training ground development.

Thanks Lutz.