Gameday Thread

titan_uranus

Get your facts straight... Why would the players care if apparently it's a "nothing game"... oh wait, are you saying it's not a nothing game? Either way you've done yourself in here and totally contradicted your own point.

:huh::mellow::unsure::wacko:

That's got to be the worst logic I have ever heard.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, what a farce this thread has become.

Jurrah's mark aside, there was nothing to keep me interested in this game.

Ordinary skills, poor decision-making, woeful goalkicking, all against a poor opponent, interstate, with nothing but pride on the line.

A nothing game from a supporters' perspective.

A chance to break the interstate hoodoo, celebrate Junior's 250th, play for pride and build some momentum to take into season 2011.

An important game from a players' perspective.

And I agree with rfpc re: tanking

I was one of the supporters prepared to suffer the pain of a multitude of terrible losses in return for some future stars.

I chose that over accepting mediocrity.

Not sure about you, but to me the club seems to still have plenty of heart after going through those tough seasons.

Seriously, what a farce this thread has become.

Ordinary skills, poor decision-making, woeful goalkicking, all against a poor opponent, interstate, with nothing but pride on the line.

A chance to break the interstate hoodoo, celebrate Junior's 250th, play for pride and build some momentum to take into season 2011.

An important game from a players' perspective.

And I agree with rfpc re: tanking

I was one of the supporters prepared to suffer the pain of a multitude of terrible losses in return for some future stars.

I chose that over accepting mediocrity.

Not sure about you, but to me the club seems to still have plenty of heart after going through those tough seasons.

For varying, and a multitude of reasons - every game is important to a player.

I can't say the same for supporters. And I can't believe people either can't see that, or don't want to own up to it.

I mean, who cared more about the Hawks game last week than today's match?

I thought so.

For varying, and a multitude of reasons - every game is important to a player.

I can't say the same for supporters. And I can't believe people either can't see that, or don't want to own up to it.

I mean, who cared more about the Hawks game last week than today's match?

I thought so.

The point is not how much you care about the outcome, but the fact that every game matters and we shouldn't take the negatives from today lightly just because our season is over next week.

The point is not how much you care about the outcome, but the fact that every game matters and we shouldn't take the negatives from today lightly just because our season is over next week.

What I get from all these comments is that saying players didn't try; the game didn't matter; because we are now out of finals contention, we may as well tank. Okay, was LJ, trying when he too Mark of the year? Was Aussie not trying when he went in and under ? Was Jack Watts not trying, when he was hit by Ebert (who has a big problem) and later when he had a blood nose? Was Junior not trying? And, even though he failed (in my eyes), was Newton not trying ? Give the guys credit. This is not a Melbourne side of 3-4 years ago, where players did have an inflated opinion of themselves and knew a shocker was "forgivable". This side cares. This side wants to be a champion side. Some will not make it.

That's what today showed to me.

But we are on the right track.

Today was a disappointment.

But,it did nothing to dissuade me from my belief, we are on the right track!

Edited by BangkokDemon

Excuses excuses... nNo offence Hill but I'm just sick of this kind of attitude. We won't automatically become a good team, so just writing off certain games is not good enough.

I am not writing games off in any form. Rather, can see the entire big picture is not just about today. We weren't great today, but it wasn't all about any lack of effort, more a lack of efficiency, so there is no point in taking shots at any one or anything in particular.

There will still be ups and downs along the way to developing the majority of the team that will hopefully take us to a flag.

The side we see run out in Round 21, 2011 could well see names included such as Grimes, Davey, Sylvia, Petterd, Blease, Gysberts, Tapscott, MacDonald in it when compared with the side today.

Scully, Trengove, Watts, Jurrah, Wonaeamirri, Frawley, Garland will all get better and better.

Nothing wrong with my attitude or perspective. Hopefully an improved performance to see off Junior next week. A win to finish off the season would top off a much improved year with a heap of improving and possibilities to come.

Go Dees!

Edited by Demon Hill

I am not writing games off in any form. Rather, can see the entire big picture is not just about today. We weren't great today, but it wasn't all about any lack of effort, more a lack of efficiency, so there is no point in taking shots at any one or anything in particular.

There will still be ups and downs along the way to developing the majority of the team that will hopefully take us to a flag.

The side we see run out in Round 21, 2011 could well see names included such as Grimes, Davey, Sylvia, Petterd, Blease, Gysberts, Tapscott, MacDonald in it when compared with the side today.

Scully, Trengove, Watts, Jurrah, Wonaeamirri, Frawley, Garland will all get better and better.

Nothing wrong with my attitude or perspective. Hopefully an improved performance to see off Junior next week. A win to finish off the season would top off a much improved year with a heap of improving and possibilities to come.

Go Dees!

Well said Demon Hill. I agree 100% with your comments!

Especially : GO DEES!!!

Understand the argument, but disagree with it. Everything you've listed there were things that happened during the game that you've reflected on afterwards and decided that, as a package, made the game a load of nothing. Which is pretty true. But if those had been reversed, and we'd played like we did against Sydney, then you wouldn't be saying this was a nothing game, you'd be saying it's another step in the right direction, another hurdle crossed, and another sign that we'll be a force to reckon with in the future. Ergo, the game would have been important to you.

What I'm trying to say is that it seems to me that, now the game's over, the poor performance is being excused by some on the basis that it won't have much of an impact, if any at all, in the future, which I don't think is the right way to approach a performance that was as bad as yesterday's was. It's got nothing to do with the players and their attitudes.