Avalon Airport Oval, Werribee at 2:00 PM

Werribee Tigers

Backs Sherlock Pask Hartigan

Half backs Saker Obst Chisholm

Centreline Martiniello Gleeson Henderson

Half forwards S Kennedy Thorp MacMillan

Forwards Laidlaw O'Keefe Speight

Followers Dickson Castello Rockefeller

Interchange (from) Denton Mangan Mather Moloney Notman Priest Scott Schroder Sharp Tarrant Wight Wormold

Casey Scorpions

Backs Taylor McNamara Cheney

Half backs Healey Panozza Tapscott

Centreline Wall Daniel Bell Creed

Half forwards Newton Miller McGough

Forwards Fieldsend Bate Maric

Followers P Johnson MacReadie Nicholls

Interchange (from) Bail Blease Carew * Cleven Hughes Lees McKenzie Moloney Morton Petropoulos Plummer Riseley Waite

* 23rd player

Werribee Tigers vs. Casey Scorpions (Reserve Grade)

Sunday 22nd August

Avalon Airport Oval at 11:00 AM

Werribee Tigers

Backs Garland Risol Scott

Half backs Mangan Magnabosco Moloney

Centreline Wormald Sharp Notman

Half forwards Denton Tarrant Perkins

Forwards Mather Wight A Kennedy

Followers Gardiner Priest Schroder

Interchange (from) Baddeley Daw Haby Halloran Harrison Lesko Lunardi McKerracher Meredith Robbins Scammell Sheean Simpson

Casey Scorpions

Backs Egan Mohr Burke

Half backs Strauss Purdy Tynan

Centreline Leeds Petropoulos Weekes

Half forwards Waite Patti Clay

Forwards Hillberge L McDonald Costigan

Followers Fitzpatrick Lees M Dowse

Interchange Bedggood Cleven N Dowse Lillie Woodhead Wylie

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a huge surprise to me that Fitzpatrick would be dropped to the Casey two's. Can't believe it actually from what I've seen of him.

Strauss is a concern, hard to make an argument against his demotion but gee, it's not great for a # 19 pick. The talent's there so hopefully he works through it.

Strauss in the reserves - injured? Or in poor form?

Lol god I know he has time on his side but when you look at the calibre of players taken in the 2nd round of the 08 draft Beams, Trengove, Suban, Ballantyne, Swift, Hannerbury makes you think we might have stuffed this one up.

Was Strauss perhaps dropped because he is already eligible for finals, and we need to try and squeeze as many players into the side who are yet to qualify?

For example how many more games do Blease and Tapscott have to play before they are eligible? It would be great for them to play finals and get some more match fitness before pre-season starts.

Just a thought.

Was Strauss perhaps dropped because he is already eligible for finals, and we need to try and squeeze as many players into the side who are yet to qualify?

For example how many more games do Blease and Tapscott have to play before they are eligible? It would be great for them to play finals and get some more match fitness before pre-season starts.

Just a thought.

A good point you raise- this maybe also why Fitzpatrick has been named in the 2nds. Strauss is definately struggling but Fitzy has earned his place in the 1st team.

Lol god I know he has time on his side but when you look at the calibre of players taken in the 2nd round of the 08 draft Beams, Trengove, Suban, Ballantyne, Swift, Hannerbury makes you think we might have stuffed this one up.

Can't win em all

2009 1 Tom Scully

2009 2 Jack Trengove

2009 11 Jordan Gysberts

2009 18 Luke Tapscott

2009 34 Jamie Bennell

2009 51 Neville Jetta

2009 PSD Joel MacDonald

2008 1 Jack Watts

2008 17 Sam Blease

2008 19 James Strauss

2008 35 Jamie Bennell

2008 51 Neville Jetta

2008 64 Rohan Bail

2008 PSD Liam Jurrah

2007 4 Cale Morton

2007 14 Jack Grimes

2007 21 Addam Maric

2007 53 Kyle Cheney

2007 66 Tom McNamara

2007 PSD Stefan Martin

very good few years overall

Can't win em all

2009 1 Tom Scully

2009 2 Jack Trengove

2009 11 Jordan Gysberts

2009 18 Luke Tapscott

2009 34 Jamie Bennell

2009 51 Neville Jetta

2009 PSD Joel MacDonald

2008 1 Jack Watts

2008 17 Sam Blease

2008 19 James Strauss

2008 35 Jamie Bennell

2008 51 Neville Jetta

2008 64 Rohan Bail

2008 PSD Liam Jurrah

2007 4 Cale Morton

2007 14 Jack Grimes

2007 21 Addam Maric

2007 53 Kyle Cheney

2007 66 Tom McNamara

2007 PSD Stefan Martin

very good few years overall

Last two picks in 2009 were Max Gawn and Jack Fitzpatrick.

I was at Visy Park last week and personally thought both Fitzpatrick and Strauss played quite well. It was close to the best I've seen from Fitzpatrick and Strauss did enough nice things to keep his place in normal circumstances. I'm not certain as to whether the decision was based on certain aspects of the way the two play or it might possibly have something to do with ensuring that the Casey boys are given a decent run in the lead up to the finals. We should remember that the 12:10 rule might operate in the finals and Casey will want to ensure that it's players are up to speed as far as game time, fitness and ability are concerned. The game itself is pretty much a dead rubber since Casey can only finish third or fourth at the end of the season.

I was at Visy Park last week and personally thought both Fitzpatrick and Strauss played quite well. It was close to the best I've seen from Fitzpatrick and Strauss did enough nice things to keep his place in normal circumstances. I'm not certain as to whether the decision was based on certain aspects of the way the two play or it might possibly have something to do with ensuring that the Casey boys are given a decent run in the lead up to the finals. We should remember that the 12:10 rule might operate in the finals and Casey will want to ensure that it's players are up to speed as far as game time, fitness and ability are concerned. The game itself is pretty much a dead rubber since Casey can only finish third or fourth at the end of the season.

Thanks WJ, I was going to write something similar to try and rein in the conspriracy theorists, but you have covered it perfectly, but at least it gave some of the usual suspects a chance to bash the Footy Dept again

Edited by satyricon

Players off to surgery I reckon. Getting them right for pre-season.

Fitzy mentioned he needed surgery at the end of the year in his Q&A on the website. Like last year I think MFC has pulled players to get them right, I reckon we'll see a few more as well. Stiff for Casey.

Edited by JACKATTACK

Could Fitzy being dropped to the ressies be a sign that we may not see PJ run out for the Demons on Sunday?

Thought that too.

Where are all those Majak Daw fans gone ?

Can they turn up in their droves and spruik away like they did this time last year ?

Interesting. Hmmmm

Fair summary Jack.

Thanks WJ, I was going to write something similar to try and rein in the conspriracy theorists, but you have covered it perfectly, but at least it gave some of the usual suspects a chance to bash the Footy Dept again

I don't follow your logic or are you just grandstanding

It seems perfectly natural to question why Fitzy was dropped to ressies when his performances were on the improve.

Didn't notice any FD bashing

I don't follow your logic or are you just grandstanding

It seems perfectly natural to question why Fitzy was dropped to ressies when his performances were on the improve.

Didn't notice any FD bashing

My 'comment' was aimed at the Strauss comments, 'yet another young player we have got wrong', he is playing in the reserves so immediately he is not going to make it, did we get him wrong etc etc..I was actually trhing to head it off at the pass........otherwise we have another couple of pages of posts that end up being nothing but negativity

Edited by satyricon

My 'comment' was aimed at the Strauss comments, 'yet another young player we have got wrong', he is playing in the reserves so immediately he is not going to make it, did we get him wrong etc etc..I was actually trhing to head it off at the pass........otherwise we have another couple of pages of posts that end up being nothing but negativity

Fair enough . . . apologies

I took it to be about Fitzy. Yes, some people do get a bit savage unfairly and Strauss does seem to be in some peoples sights

Just a thought.

Jaded can you tell me what the rules are re MFC players playing in Finals for Casey?

Hope you can help!

The club had all coaches there last week at Visy park as no doubt you noted.It maybe they are looking at some players to see if they are worth retaining.One maybe Healey whom resumed last week in Casey 1sts. He may have got a run over Strauss fot this reason.Fitzy -the decision baffles me.

I am told by AFL Vic. that the following applies to MFC players playing for Casey in the finals.

(1) Casey can have a max. of 12 MFC listed players

(2) A MFC player must have played a Min. of 7 games for Casey

There are different rules for the likes of Collingwood

and a team that has its AFL team and VFL associate playing finals in both competitions.

So PJ may need to play the last game for Casey to qualify for finals, does anyone know how many he has played for Casey?

He played quite a few but no idea how many!

Edited by old dee

The club had all coaches there last week at Visy park as no doubt you noted.It maybe they are looking at some players to see if they are worth retaining.One maybe Healey whom resumed last week in Casey 1sts. He may have got a run over Strauss fot this reason.Fitzy -the decision baffles me.

Healey is the rookie that everybody wants to delist, but Brad Gotch regards him as a 'bonus' so he needs the run to get eligible, think he has only played six, I eavesdropped a couple of the coaches, they were looking at the Casey players and a couple of the Bullants, they know what they get with the MFC, methinks the draft, PD and Rookie drafts are going to be very interesting this year