This heart beats true for the red and blue

jackaub

I Beg your Pardon. You are the one who just said you are all for the Clash white strip 100%

You my Friend are the one who is confused and easily led by AFL directives..Keep your eye on the Red & the Blue....(no mention of white in our song-how interesting) I am rock solid on what i believe-never cloudy.

This is just getting a bit sad now...

You're making the same tired silly arguments.

Let it go...

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just getting a bit sad now...

You're making the same tired silly arguments.

Let it go...

HaHa! Let it go. That's just the attitude the AFL is hoping supporters to have...well said 25 you just showed your hand. I will take this arguement to my grave, as i do not want to support that insipid and weak looking jumper that is white. If i am wrong to think that-well so be it.

I am not the only one who is [censored] off at all this corporatization of certain rules and directivess that are totally unnecessary. FIGHT THE POWER. (great song)

Could it be the AFL is infact wrong?? has this thought been canvassed at all???

I am yet to see a real clash, although i am told of them-I watch games and always i know what team is what-although with all the "new" jumpers i do get confused sometimes, and that does p@#$ss me off.

Have you played any games??

Tell me, in your experience playing in the AFL, with the speed of the game as it is these days, have you ever seen a flash of the same or similar colour out of the corner of your eye and responded to it only to find it was an opposition player and/or umpire??

Or perhaps in all of these games you've watched have you ever seen something of this nature occur???

HaHa! Let it go. That's just the attitude the AFL is hoping supporters to have...well said 25 you just showed your hand. I will take this arguement to my grave, as i do not want to support that insipid and weak looking jumper that is white. If i am wrong to think that-well so be it.

I am not the only one who is [censored] off at all this corporatization of certain rules and directivess that are totally unnecessary. FIGHT THE POWER. (great song)

Oh, and another thing, when we play away games, do you scream and carry on that we're wearing "surrender shorts"?? After all, our theme song doesn't actually refer to just a red & blue jumper, surely it's an absolute outrage that we should have to wear anything white at all.

There is no specific requirement for each of the 16 teams to have a white clash strip. Case in point: Geelong. Their clash strip is predominantly blue, as their home jumper clashes with North Melbourne based on the white in both jumpers.

You are correct re Geelong. My Mistake

However Geelongs home jumper is predominately white

Ours is white because our clash is based upon reds and blues. Regardless of what you think, the AFL thinks we clash with Essendon, Brisbane, Port Adelaide, even Fremantle, so you see us wearing our white jumper in those games as white is a colour we can wear against these teams to avoid a clash.

So the requirement is for each club to design a jumper that they can wear against all the clubs that the AFL determines there to be a clash with. For us, that means white.

You are wrong about only Essendon, Brisbane, Port Adelaide, even Fremantle

St.Kilda, Bulldogs and Adelaide were clash matches this year too (maybe others too)

And yes, I (and many others) don't agree with what the AFL regards as a clash

Does anyone know if the AFL publishes which games are officially clashes anywhere?

You are correct re Geelong. My Mistake

However Geelongs home jumper is predominately white

You are wrong about only Essendon, Brisbane, Port Adelaide, even Fremantle

St.Kilda, Bulldogs and Adelaide were clash matches this year too (maybe others too)

And yes, I (and many others) don't agree with what the AFL regards as a clash

Does anyone know if the AFL publishes which games are officially clashes anywhere?

Yeah - an email from Adrian to Andrew.

Have you played any games??

Tell me, in your experience playing in the AFL, with the speed of the game as it is these days, have you ever seen a flash of the same or similar colour out of the corner of your eye and responded to it only to find it was an opposition player and/or umpire??

Or perhaps in all of these games you've watched have you ever seen something of this nature occur???

No i have never had trouble seeing who my team is, and that is the truth, that is why this whole thing gets up my Cruits. It's B.S.

Last night Carlton as the away side wore their (disgusting albeit) trad jumper against Essendon.

2 Dark jumpers i would say. Did i have any trouble seeing who was who...No none at all.

But i have seen many times where teams with less of a clash are forced to wear different jumpers, so the whole system is flawed.

I am glad they didn't, but why did carlton last night not wear a white strip? Because certain teams get looked after thats why, and the AFL do not want to get on the wrong side of large supporter bases,as it effects the $$ returns.

Last night was a classic example of why we should fight to wear our Trad Jumper to all games.

White Shorts are fine (Tell Sydney that one day please) White Jumpers are a sign of weakness.

No i have never had trouble seeing who my team is, and that is the truth, that is why this whole thing gets up my Cruits. It's B.S.

Last night Carlton as the away side wore their (disgusting albeit) trad jumper against Essendon.

2 Dark jumpers i would say. Did i have any trouble seeing who was who...No none at all.

But i have seen many times where teams with less of a clash are forced to wear different jumpers, so the whole system is flawed.

I am glad they didn't, but why did carlton last night not wear a white strip? Because certain teams get looked after thats why, and the AFL do not want to get on the wrong side of large supporter bases,as it effects the $$ returns.

Last night was a classic example of why we should fight to wear our Trad Jumper to all games.

White Shorts are fine (Tell Sydney that one day please) White Jumpers are a sign of weakness.

Any logic or reasoning why white shorts are different to a white guernsey or does it just not suit your shallow argument??

Any logic or reasoning why white shorts are different to a white guernsey or does it just not suit your shallow argument??

White shorts always signified the away team. A jumper always signified the Team and its colours.

What is your take on the carlton Jumper last friday night??-I an interested

White shorts always signified the away team. A jumper always signified the Team and its colours.

What is your take on the carlton Jumper last friday night??-I an interested

So you just accept the surrender shorts because it's not new?? Were you unable to maintain the rage on this horrible injustice??

I don't see what your point is regarding Carlton's guernsey.

So you just accept the surrender shorts because it's not new?? Were you unable to maintain the rage on this horrible injustice??

I don't see what your point is regarding Carlton's guernsey.

Carltons Guernsey clashes with Essendons as much as our jumper clashes with St.kildas Guernsey-that is my point.

Footscray wore there Trad Guernsey against Adelaide on sunday. Why do we need to wear a clash guernsey against either of these sides if that happened.

The AFL are just inconsistent on all of this-which is why we should Boycott any decisions concerning a clash jumper.

The AFL are just inconsistent on all of this-which is why we should Boycott any decisions concerning a clash jumper.

I totally agree with this. Also, the the AFL are inconsistent with their tribunal rulings as well, so next time one of our blokes gets rubbed out - stuff it, we'll play them anyway. And the umpires! Sheesh, they're inconsistent too. Free kick against us? Nah, they're too inconsistent. Play on.

I totally agree with this. Also, the the AFL are inconsistent with their tribunal rulings as well, so next time one of our blokes gets rubbed out - stuff it, we'll play them anyway. And the umpires! Sheesh, they're inconsistent too. Free kick against us? Nah, they're too inconsistent. Play on.

You forgot the goal umpires. If we think it's a goal, everyone run back to the middle!

Ahh yes most funny. The rules of the game, well there is a totally new universe, But our Trad jumper i believe we need to fight for it.

Adelaide and the westies looked fairly close, but i had no trouble telling them apart.

It's never been a problem until it was deemed to be one.

Oh dear. I can't believe I'm going to get sucked into this again but here I go...

There are clashes. Your eyes may be good but the game is for everyone, not just you and your 20-20 vision.

Brad Miller tackled Matthew Whelan against Carlton. If wearing a clash jumper prevents that from happening, then good!

White is not "the jumper of surrender". Geelong and Real Madrid seem to do ok wearing predominantly white jumpers. Fulham made the Europa finals last year and then DIDN'T wear white - and lost!

Nobody is arguing the AFL is totally consistent.

Finally...

Winning is more important than what we wear doing it.

Oh dear. I can't believe I'm going to get sucked into this again but here I go...

There are clashes. Your eyes may be good but the game is for everyone, not just you and your 20-20 vision.

Brad Miller tackled Matthew Whelan against Carlton. If wearing a clash jumper prevents that from happening, then good!

White is not "the jumper of surrender". Geelong and Real Madrid seem to do ok wearing predominantly white jumpers. Fulham made the Europa finals last year and then DIDN'T wear white - and lost!

Finally...

Good tackle though!

Watching Melbourne and the ferals, I couldn't help but notice how many times our players handballed directly (not intercepts) and kicked directly to their opponents. According to some this must mean their is a strip clash

Then I watched St.Kilda (home strip) and Port(white away strip) and there seemed to be a real clash of . . . wait for it . . . White!

So now I'm confused, non-clash teams clashing, and clash strip team clashing. Enough to do one's head in, eh?

. . . ducking for cover

Edited by daisycutter

Finally...

White is the colour of surrender sideshow, the information is out there if you care to research it.

And if you wish to get rid of our jumper for a good % of the Home & away season because of one tackle against Carlton a few years ago (a game we did win) then i think that is really sad.

Yes the Port Saints game looked interesting too.

The clash was more prominent.

Except when it's displayed on shorts. Which is naturally perfectly fine and is in no way an entirely illogical exception being allowed in a very shallow argument.

Don't stop at the shorts, ID

What about the white numbers on the players backs

Then there is the white boots

Then there is the white in the MCC colours (red, blue, white)

Sheesh! Lets make the shorts navy for home and red for away . . . problem solved

And don't tell me about tradition/AFL rules . . home shorts used to be black

Your argument that white shorts justifies white jumpers just doesn't cut it . . give up on it

Well daisycutter, white is either the "colour of surrender" and creating some kind of psychological disadvantage to its wearers or it isn't. You can't have it both ways.

I've never mentioned anything about white psychology or surrender. I don't necessarily agree (or disagree) with it but it was an interesting discussion nevertheless

But, it was you who brought up shorts in a discussion about predominately white jumpers. I thought it was a red herring or weak rationalisation (as with the Invincible Whites rationalisation) so I offered you some more red herrings

I've never mentioned anything about white psychology or surrender. I don't necessarily agree (or disagree) with it but it was an interesting discussion nevertheless

But, it was you who brought up shorts in a discussion about predominately white jumpers. I thought it was a red herring or weak rationalisation (as with the Invincible Whites rationalisation) so I offered you some more red herrings

Ok so because you feel ID brought up a weak rationalisation you criticised his but just offered more.

And the debate goes lower than a Joe Hockey explanation on interest rates..... :rolleyes: