Round 17 teams

Eth

Happy to see Maric get a game and happy to see clear messages are being sent about the expected level of performance (Bate, Morton, Warnock being dropped).

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He coldn't even crack a regular senior game when we were tanking / developing the last 2 years.

He has been on the list 3 years and hasn't had any serious injury. So if he hasn't been getting regular game time it's down to two things. Lack of ability or lack of mental application. I would say the latter is the case!

Maric played a couple of games late in the season in 2008 which was his first year on the list so you probably wouldn't expect one of the youngest players in the draft who was still finishing his VCE do have a big impact, just like Watts last year.

As for no serious injury, he missed about the last 6-8 weeks of last season with an injury and didn't even get back for Casey otherwise we all know he would have got a couple of games also.

Don't get me wrong Maric hasn't set the world on fore at VFL level but he definatly deserves his a game in another development season for us as his form's been more then solid and is currently in better form then Jetta or Wonna at the moment who are similar type players.

Maybe we should wait till Maric played 10 to 20 games before we tear up his contract a year early and send him on his way???

Maric played a couple of games late in the season in 2008 which was his first year on the list so you probably wouldn't expect one of the youngest players in the draft who was still finishing his VCE do have a big impact, just like Watts last year.

As for no serious injury, he missed about the last 6-8 weeks of last season with an injury and didn't even get back for Casey otherwise we all know he would have got a couple of games also.

Don't get me wrong Maric hasn't set the world on fore at VFL level but he definatly deserves his a game in another development season for us as his form's been more then solid and is currently in better form then Jetta or Wonna at the moment who are similar type players.

Maybe we should wait till Maric played 10 to 20 games before we tear up his contract a year early and send him on his way???

Yeah look i have no problem him getting a game now.

People have been going on about how good he has been at Casey. Correct me if i am wrong but he has not been BOG once. He has been in the best a couple of times but it is not as if he is tearing it apart.

6-8 weeks off at the end of the year wasn't what i was referring to regarding major injury Maurie. I was referring to the Blease type injury. Or Petterd or Jurrah. 6-8 weeks at the end of a season smells like an otherwise medium term injury that the club decides is worthy of early surgery so a bloke gets himself right for the upcoming pre-season.

If he had the last 6 weeks off last year that would have meant the club was getting him cherry right for pre season and getting himself in the best condition to really push for selection in the Melbourne side. Something that he clearly hasn't done until Round 17. I have serious questions about someone who has been at the club that long and is in the position Maric is in.

As i said previously, good luck to him and i hope he plays well for the last part of the year. If not then he needs to have a good look at himself over summer / MFC really need to consider what to do with him.

People have been going on about how good he has been at Casey. Correct me if i am wrong but he has not been BOG once. He has been in the best a couple of times but it is not as if he is tearing it apart.

6-8 weeks off at the end of the year wasn't what i was referring to regarding major injury Maurie. I was referring to the Blease type injury. Or Petterd or Jurrah. 6-8 weeks at the end of a season smells like an otherwise medium term injury that the club decides is worthy of early surgery so a bloke gets himself right for the upcoming pre-season.

Wasn't he BOG last week?

Dislocated shoulder would seem serious enough. IIRC he missed a substantial amount of his first season due to a shoulder injury/op as well. Pretty sure he has only completed the one pre-season for Melbourne, and that was this year. Showed great ability at under 18 level, hope he can finally start to transfer that to the AFL.

Edited by ChaserJ

Yeah i read that Brad Green had a finger injury. Hopefully its not one of those dodgy ones that keep you out. If there is no green then Bate will definitely have to come in.

I found it interesting that our leading goal kicker this year would be paying $31 for first goal in todays game at the TAB. Probably wouldn't affect the odds though if he is going to miss, but I will taking a piece of that if he is playing.

Personally I'm not a fan of the "must be BOG at Casey before getting selected" approach. If that were the criteria we'd still be playing with our round one side, because nobody else would qualify for selection.

Moloney won't play today, I expect Aussie to get a run. Gives us an exciting forward line Aussie, Jurrah, Maric, Watts, Green, Sylvia, Bennell and Dunn the forward line pressure should be amazing and that is why we will win today. Sydney have attacking defenders that set up most of there goals, we will have a very quick dangerous forward line that won't allow the ball to get out.