Jordy Gysberts

pmg

Back to the topic...... Gysberts form has been nothing short of outstanding at Casey. Gysberts has more than earned a place in the senior side. If he had of come to the club in any of the last 3 years he would have played 7 senior games by now. The problem is that we literally have no similar sort of player that deserves dropping and no midfield injuries. Gysberts (assuming no injury) will get his opportunity and will get a rising star nomination this season (will be our 4th behind McKenzie). If Watts gets his act together he could also get a nomination. Thats a potential 5 nominations. However, you would think that Melbourne would have to make the finals to get this number.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gysberts will be better than Talia or Black.....limited pre-season and starting to cut it up at Casey, Blease will see more senior time at Casey, expect these two to see plenty of game time at the back end of the year, possibly when Skull or JT have a rest.

The most pleasing thing from all this discussion/sarcasm is how are we going to fit in everyone into the side?

Morton had a good return at Casey last week - Dunn should be very nervous as Morton will replace him soon

Watts will be in the side within a month - then the forward line should start to see Wonna, Jurrah and into next year Ricky P return (if he stops following GC 17 on twitter!)

Gysberts will be better than Talia or Black.....limited pre-season and starting to cut it up at Casey, Blease will see more senior time at Casey, expect these two to see plenty of game time at the back end of the year, possibly when Skull or JT have a rest.

Well, the mail was that Gysberts was held back by injury for most of last year too and still performed well enough to be on a lot of people's radars.

Really, when you look at who else we could lose, I'd be happy to lose Petterd over a lot of players.

I'm not even sure if we'll find room for him in the forward line with Jurrah, Watts and Bate.

We need small quick running players around them.

i'm a little concerned about Rick P heading back home...

His twitter post after injury was 'cant wait to be back in the red & blue in 2011'. But it was mentioned he follows GC17 which is not a great sign. I think we have plenty of options to cover him but a lot of work has gone into Rick and would be disappointing to see him go. I've heard they have looked at some of our defence, Chip especially but also Garland and Warnock. Our defense is AWESOME and with our young guns, I would prefer they take Rick over any of them....if a choice had to be made!

His twitter post after injury was 'cant wait to be back in the red & blue in 2011'. But it was mentioned he follows GC17 which is not a great sign. I think we have plenty of options to cover him but a lot of work has gone into Rick and would be disappointing to see him go. I've heard they have looked at some of our defence, Chip especially but also Garland and Warnock. Our defense is AWESOME and with our young guns, I would prefer they take Rick over any of them....if a choice had to be made!

Exactly.

If Chippa left I'd be gutted. We'd really feel a loss like that.

Well, the mail was that Gysberts was held back by injury for most of last year too and still performed well enough to be on a lot of people's radars.

He will be a star Keyser!!! He is an inside and outside player, as someone noted previously if watch the Under 18 Champs last year you will see Gysberts in the pack getting it out to Scully on numerous occasions!

Exactly.

If Chippa left I'd be gutted. We'd really feel a loss like that.

From what I hear Chip is going no where....too far from the Spud farm up in that crazy place!

He is just on the long term injury list so how can he get a game. Stop judging new plaers without knowing the whole story behind it, he is a long term prospect who may well not play in the next 2 years(for Melbounre that is).

That might be 5 or 6 people now that've done this.

Amazing.

On topic, I went to the Casey game on Saturday and found Gys really hard to track. Partially because he always seemed to be amongst a pack of players going after the clearance and partially because I stationed myself in our forward line where most of the action was happening.

When I did spot him in the congestion he was very clean and impressive. I would imagine he is our next debutant, will be tough for him to crack in though.

All I can say is that I'm glad we have him. I guarantee every other team in the league would love to have this sort of talent in the pipeline. Just to give everyone a taste of the potential upside of a tall on-ball type that can get it and give it, just consider this:

Jordan Gysberts Height 189cm Weight 82kg

Bryce Gibbs 188cm 84kg

Brendon Goddard 191cm 92kg

Cameron Bruce 190cm 85kg

Andrew Embley 190cm 90kg

Daniel Jackson 188cm 90kg

Andrew Mackie 192cm 87kg

Jobe Watson 190cm 89kg

Michael Barlow 189cm 92kg

Joel Corey 191cm 89kg

A reckon, given his junior pedigree there is a fair chance he will be as good as one of these players.

He could turn out to be another Daniel Jackson or Cameron Bruce,

OR

He could be a new Jobe Watson or Brendon Goddard.

Either way, not a bad thing to look forward to in the years ahead.

Go Dees!!!!

With Gysberts I expected Carlton to feel heat for the Brock trade in about 3 years time...

Looks like we won't even have to wait that long.

It's not just Gysberts either, there was some fair talent Carlton could have taken with that pick - Gysberts, Jetta, Talia, Griffiths, Tapscott, Bastinac, Colyer... Some of these probably aren't worth pick 11, but is Brock McLean? Not even close.

Look how quickly Carlton moved the ball without him the other night. One of those kids in there learning that plan or on the end of it would be a huge asset.

Some of Brocks biggest fans could see he was quickly going backwards, he's always injured and has an off-field DH reputation.

Add to that Carlton already have players that can do what Brock does, because he's not really great at anything.

I find this trade to be insane.

What were they thinking?

It's not just Gysberts either, there was some fair talent Carlton could have taken with that pick - Gysberts, Jetta, Talia, Griffiths, Tapscott, Bastinac, Colyer... Some of these probably aren't worth pick 11, but is Brock McLean? Not even close.

Look how quickly Carlton moved the ball without him the other night. One of those kids in there learning that plan or on the end of it would be a huge asset.

Some of Brocks biggest fans could see he was quickly going backwards, he's always injured and has an off-field DH reputation.

Add to that Carlton already have players that can do what Brock does, because he's not really great at anything.

What were they thinking?

What were WE thinking as supporters?! The outrage from some people on this forum was palpable.

I was in shock for a day or so, then couldn't wipe the smile off my face.

What were they thinking?

Luckily for them they got pick 12 in the Fevola deal beacuase Kane Lucas looks like a gem also, so they didnt completely lose out.

Luckily for them they got pick 12 in the Fevola deal beacuase Kane Lucas looks like a gem also, so they didnt completely lose out.

haha but they'd love to have Gysberts and Lucas.

The ultimate irony is that Gysberts is shaping up to be the ultimate clearance player - exactly what Brock was recruited to be for them.

His twitter post after injury was 'cant wait to be back in the red & blue in 2011'. But it was mentioned he follows GC17 which is not a great sign.

Why? Harry O'Brien follows Cam Schwab, Nathan Jones and the Kangaroos, but I don't think he'll be coming here or going to Arden Street any time soon!

Storm in a teacup stuff.

Really, when you look at who else we could lose, I'd be happy to lose Petterd over a lot of players.

I'm not even sure if we'll find room for him in the forward line with Jurrah, Watts and Bate.

We need small quick running players around them.

Indeed. I've said the same thing a few times.

Indeed. I've said the same thing a few times.

Very handy depth though - it's rare for a team to get through the season without any key injuries.

Petterd would fill in nicely for any of Jurrah, Watts or Bate if need be.

Not that I'm writing him off, he may one day be better than at least 1 of those 3.

Not yet.

Why? Harry O'Brien follows Cam Schwab, Nathan Jones and the Kangaroos, but I don't think he'll be coming here or going to Arden Street any time soon!

Storm in a teacup stuff.

Some of the players follow Jeff White and he is a ruck coach at GC17!

Call the papers!

Back to the topic...... Gysberts form has been nothing short of outstanding at Casey. Gysberts has more than earned a place in the senior side. If he had of come to the club in any of the last 3 years he would have played 7 senior games by now. The problem is that we literally have no similar sort of player that deserves dropping and no midfield injuries. Gysberts (assuming no injury) will get his opportunity and will get a rising star nomination this season (will be our 4th behind McKenzie). If Watts gets his act together he could also get a nomination. Thats a potential 5 nominations. However, you would think that Melbourne would have to make the finals to get this number.

I think the time is,,,Nigh! GYSBERTS!

The effort or lack of to Sylvias kick where Dunn refused to contest the ball in the air letting the opposition in for a free mark in our 50 has in the past been enough to warrant being dropped, let alone the gesturing after the event.

I wouldn't be surprised if the match committee $%&&%???

Storm in a teacup stuff.

Just a minor observation Dr....can I start the thread "Harry O knocks back Obama meeting to meet with Demons"?!

I'm starting to think this Jack Viney kid isn't cut out for AFL football...

I don't think this got a reply but it should..... Gold.

I'm starting to strugle to diferentiate the [censored] stirrers from the real idiots who are damning blokes in their first year.

Very handy depth though - it's rare for a team to get through the season without any key injuries.

Petterd would fill in nicely for any of Jurrah, Watts or Bate if need be.

Not that I'm writing him off, he may one day be better than at least 1 of those 3.

Not yet.

Hey, I'm certainly not delisting him :)

I'd just rather keep other guys before Petterd.