• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Jack Watts

2014-Flag

If he is right, I am convinced it is DB himself!!

Absolutely, I mean what else would Dean Bailey be doing on a Thursday afternoon but posting on Demonland?

Clearly the man, the myth, the legend himself has taken up an account and has made it his duty to inform us of team selection news.

All hail Dean "Bails" Bailey.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Balls_Grinter_14

Absolutely, I mean what else would Dean Bailey be doing on a Thursday afternoon but posting on Demonland?

Clearly the man, the myth, the legend himself has taken up an account and has made it his duty to inform us of team selection news.

All hail Dean "Bails" Bailey.

Having a bit of fun Jaded. Shhesh. Lighten up pal! U are tru to your name.

Nope. If it was the real DB he would have dropped an expletive in to the convo somwhere. B)

"Jack Watts has been Fuggin good the last few weeks at Casey and his form warrants a Fuggin selection"

For mine it's

IN: Watts

OUT: Dunn

Then for round 9

IN: Morton, Wonna

OUT: Bennell, Hughes

As for PJ, bottom line is one of he, Martin or Miller need to play every week as the 2nd ruckman that can go forward, otherwised we're stuffed if Jamar were to get injured in the 1st quarter. Hopefully this issue will be no more once Fitzpatrick is ready for his debut game, he'd fit that role perfectly!

For mine it's

IN: Watts

OUT: Dunn

Then for round 9

IN: Morton, Wonna

OUT: Bennell, Hughes

As for PJ, bottom line is one of he, Martin or Miller need to play every week as the 2nd ruckman that can go forward, otherwised we're stuffed if Jamar were to get injured in the 1st quarter. Hopefully this issue will be no more once Fitzpatrick is ready for his debut game, he'd fit that role perfectly!

IMO

Wonna < Bennell at the moment. Wonna still doesnt look 100% and Bennell is improving week on week.

Hughes will depend on how he goes in the next few games, if you listened to DB's interview on SEN after the dogs game he is convinced we have more to see from Both Hughes and Bennell, so it will take an injury to remove them in the short term I think.

Anyone think there is a chance wonna might get a run this week too?

I spoke to him last week and he told me he would be playing on the G against the eagles...maybe he was just talking himself up though

hi THS.

Cant wait for Wonna to get back but it wont be after just one game at Casey and Bennell while up and down continues to do some good things....Jamie will need to improve this week and the next even further if he is not to loose his spot to Wonna....it would be great to see them all play in Darwin.

Carrrlton think they have a dynamic trio......wait til Jurrah, Wonna, Flash, Jamie and Jetta get into the one side!! Only problem with this scenario is that Wonna, Jetta and Jamie may all be going for the one spot!!

Danny Hughes will be good and is worthy to be held for at least another week to see how he fares in hopefully a dry game with lots of ball coming from the midfield.

The pain is still there from the Dogs...hope the players feel it and smack West Coast!!

IMO

Wonna < Bennell at the moment. Wonna still doesnt look 100% and Bennell is improving week on week.

Hughes will depend on how he goes in the next few games, if you listened to DB's interview on SEN after the dogs game he is convinced we have more to see from Both Hughes and Bennell, so it will take an injury to remove them in the short term I think.

Wonna will need a few more weeks at Casey as you implied & Bennell is fast become a pretty handy player, I love the little man in space & leaving players flat footed. :wub:

Hughes showed plenty of promise despite the horrible conditions, he looked like he was throwing himself at the ball Friday. I would expect him to fire this weekend.

The issue the FD have is slotting, Jetta & Morton in, as they are not to far away, then you have the issue of LJ and co...

Jack is a friend of my family, So I wouldn't say I was a random fan. Jack mentioned this to me when I asked when he expected to play. It was in general conversation and not to be taken as iron clad. It could be this week, next week or the week after. One thing for sure is he will be playing soon, As I mentioned earlier he told me the coach said if he puts in a similar performance as last week he will play the Darwin game.

When I do get to speak to Jack I usually post it on here because I know people are very excited about him playing, So any info I get I post it EXACTLY how I was told. Don't shoot me down if I'm a week off as I am not on the inner sanctum.

Sorry Steamin', didn't mean at all to shoot you down, I was just hoping for the sake of our viewing pleasure that you are mistaken and Watts is playing this week. Your info does sound very credible. Like I said, my post made little to no sense. My bad.

Wonna will need a few more weeks at Casey as you implied & Bennell is fast become a pretty handy player, I love the little man in space & leaving players flat footed. :wub:

Hughes showed plenty of promise despite the horrible conditions, he looked like he was throwing himself at the ball Friday. I would expect him to fire this weekend.

The issue the FD have is slotting, Jetta & Morton in, as they are not to far away, then you have the issue of LJ and co...

agree

I am sure I may get a knock for this but as much heart as Bartram shows, he has limitations. I'd hope that Jetta would come in for him at some stage and that Bennell is kept in this side if he continues to progress.

IMO - Bartram, Dunn and PJ are three in the gun for making way. I wont add Danny Hughes to this as yet until I see him this week.

Not that it will work out like this but I see Morton as a replacement for Dunn, Wonna or Jetta for Bartram, Watts for PJ. Damn this is all too hard......the talent is amazing people and JUST SO EXCITING!!!

Players not in the seniors that from previous glimpses or potential would seem likely to get a shot - Watts, Wonna, Jurrah, Gysberts, Tapscott, Blease, J MacDonald, Jetta....where do they all fit.

Again IMO, Bartram, Dunn and PJ are out for any of the above - Hughes possibly (potential is a dangerous word I know...who goes out from here.

I am sure injuries etc will take care of a lot of these guessing games but 2 years ago wouldn't have seen a thread with this dilemma!

I am sure I may get a knock for this but as much heart as Bartram shows, he has limitations. I'd hope that Jetta would come in for him at some stage and that Bennell is kept in this side if he continues to progress.

IMO - Bartram, Dunn and PJ are three in the gun for making way. I wont add Danny Hughes to this as yet until I see him this week.

Not that it will work out like this but I see Morton as a replacement for Dunn, Wonna or Jetta for Bartram, Watts for PJ. Damn this is all too hard......the talent is amazing people and JUST SO EXCITING!!!

Players not in the seniors that from previous glimpses or potential would seem likely to get a shot - Watts, Wonna, Jurrah, Gysberts, Tapscott, Blease, J MacDonald, Jetta....where do they all fit.

Again IMO, Bartram, Dunn and PJ are out for any of the above - Hughes possibly (potential is a dangerous word I know...who goes out from here.

I am sure injuries etc will take care of a lot of these guessing games but 2 years ago wouldn't have seen a thread with this dilemma!

If you are going to be so harsh on Hughes I'll wager you havent been down to Casey much and seen how good a grab this kid can take.

Relax and give him a few games.

If you are going to be so harsh on Hughes I'll wager you havent been down to Casey much and seen how good a grab this kid can take.

Relax and give him a few games.

Mordja....how much do you want to put up mate? I'll give you some points in - being that I reside in Pakenham, put that together and work out if I get to many Casey games!!!!!

I know exactly what Danny is capable of and am very happy that he has been given his chance....to hammer home my point I thought Danny was one of our better players in a pre-season game against the very same West Coast (the side was horrible that day really!) In case you were not there, that game was held at CASEY!

My point was to seek out possible exclusions for possible inclusions, it was far from a go at Danny at all. I actually DIDNT include him as an exclusion in my list until I see more of him this week...IN THE SENIOR SIDE....NOT CASEY!

Hell, I go to so many Casey games that Brad Miller starts to look like Wayne Carey!

I am sure I may get a knock for this but as much heart as Bartram shows, he has limitations. I'd hope that Jetta would come in for him at some stage

I don't see Jetta being able to play the role Bartram does. Not quick enough, for starters.

Grimes punches the ball away from the Eagles forward line and towards the wing.....

NicNat picks up the ball and McKenzie lays a bone crunching tackle.......

Advantage called, Scully swoops on the loose ball and breaks away.......

Scully handpasses inside the corridor to the run of Trengove........

Trengove lowers the eyes and hits Jack Watts on a blistering lead.......

Watts lines up, relaxes the shoulders and puts through a goal.

DEMONS WIN!

I don't see Jetta being able to play the role Bartram does. Not quick enough, for starters.

Not sure about not being quick enough.....agree though that it would not be a straight swap in that Jetta plays Bartrams role. Bennell was given a go at that role last year and looks better free across half forward.

I think we have some great defenders, Garland & Chip that can play small and tall and could take most of the small forwards on for pace any day of the week, the only team that could come unstuck could be Carlton.....but they can pick on a needs basis when this scenario eventuates.

Mordja....how much do you want to put up mate? I'll give you some points in - being that I reside in Pakenham, put that together and work out if I get to many Casey games!!!!!

I know exactly what Danny is capable of and am very happy that he has been given his chance....to hammer home my point I thought Danny was one of our better players in a pre-season game against the very same West Coast (the side was horrible that day really!) In case you were not there, that game was held at CASEY!

My point was to seek out possible exclusions for possible inclusions, it was far from a go at Danny at all. I actually DIDNT include him as an exclusion in my list until I see more of him this week...IN THE SENIOR SIDE....NOT CASEY!

Hell, I go to so many Casey games that Brad Miller starts to look like Wayne Carey!

mate your 2 week allowance is ridiculous.

i take your point that some people are probably going to get dropped who dont deserve it but DB seems determined to give bennel, PJ and Hughes a crack at the top level. We arent a grand final chance just yet so good luck to all the blokes who arent naturally talented having a crack before some of the young kids come through.

Points for your last line, i liked that.

Edit - for the record, not including bennell as untalented, kid obviously has x factor skills.

Edited by mordja

Guest Balls_Grinter_14

Anyone see room for Rohan Bail? This bloke is stiff

Edited by Balls_Grinter_14

mate your 2 week allowance is ridiculous.

i take your point that some people are probably going to get dropped who dont deserve it but DB seems determined to give bennel, PJ and Hughes a crack at the top level. We arent a grand final chance just yet so good luck to all the blokes who arent naturally talented having a crack before some of the young kids come through.

Points for your last line, i liked that.

Mate....yeah fair cop....maybe I should be a little more specific in my post. I would only be too happy to see Danny get some good game time. It's my main argument that Jack Watts should be played now....to get some continuity with the side and develop together.

I was more generalising on how others may get a game/a shot at the ones. Always easy to go with last in/last out...but again, it was no way meant a slight on the kid because I love how he goes about it and in crap conditions last week, he was super!

A 2 week allowance in any circumstance is hard to judge, but if he were to come out with donuts this week, he would be straight in line as an exclusion for one of the other kids I mentioned.

I for one hope this is not the case and kicks a bag!!

So, I might catch you at Casey one day soon!!

Cheers Mordja!!

Wow. This is a long thread.

Fair smack in the chops for Dunn if true. Barring injury he might find it very hard to ever get back into this side.

Oh boo hoo.

Dunn is crap. He is just not good enough. Taking up a spot that someone else (e.g. Watts) could take.

I'll be happy to see Jack Watts get a run but not at the expense of Dunn. That potato that is masquerading as the footballer Paul Johnson should be the only name they need to put up as an out.

Agree that PJ isn't much chop at all. But we'd be stupid not to go into a match against West Coast without a second ruckman.

He won't play against Port though. They've only got one ruckman (Brogan) of any note. We could drop PJ for extra run.