THE KADATJI MAN

Demonland

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So who goes out?

Dropping one of that bench is tough enough. Cheney isn't doing well enough to knock a second off.

As much as we all want Scully to keep playing and developing, realistically he may go this week with newton. Id rather he stayed in by the way but its just my gut feel.

the clue... look to Richmonds sqaud and likely match ups

we wont want to give up ANY speed though the guts. Sylvia in could, emp..could allow Green to FF in lieu of uice whilst offering many more swap options though the game.. we are stil lvery much in improvisation mode.

My two cents:

Club website says Sylvia finally back - He'll play

Richmond picked a bunch of midgets - Spencer doesn't fit for the opposition selected

This sight has a love affair with Rivers and I just don't see it. Injury prone and overrated. We conceded 5 goals in a game - there is no spot in the side for him.

Whatever side they put out is fine by me. I have faith in the match committee.

I'd be unbelievably happy if they did that. As I've said all week, Scully was our worst-performed player this week and was also poor last week. He's young, so it's no sleight on him at all, but if they drop Scully to the VFL and bring in Sylvia, I'd be stoked. I'd love to have been able to see a backline with all of Rivers, Garland, Warnock, Macdonald and Frawley in it to see how all our talls would work together, but I guess I'll have to wait.

IN: Sylvia

OUT: Scully

BENCH: Macdonald, McKenzie, Bennell, Newton.

Yeah, I'm with you, Chook. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see that as the bench. Would love to see Cheney squeeze back into the line-up, too. But, doubt it'll happen this week. Won't hurt Scully to have a run in the 2's. He just doesn't seem to quite be up with the pace just yet. But, I'm sure it won't take him long.

So who will relieve Jamar in the ruck if Newton is dropped?

When you look at Richmond's list, they don't really have a second ruckman either. Do we go for Dunn?

Vickery is a second ruckman.

Dunn could be wasted there if we feel we need extra run, and Juice could go. But I feel Newton has to stay until we bring in a proper second ruckman (which, down the track, could end up being PJ, which wouldn't please me but why else is he on the list?). Or at least Martin.

Bailey wants to get games into Scully Trengove McKenzie, etc. They'e come up against Hawthorn, Collingwood, and Adelaide, who all have strong midfields, but we're going to drop Scully the first opportunity he has of playing against a weak side ? With a realistic chance to celebrate another win with his mates and the confidence that delivers ? When we're trying to fast track him to 40 games ?

Scully won't be dropped. It doesn't make sense.

Bailey wants to get games into Scully Trengove McKenzie, etc. They'e come up against Hawthorn, Collingwood, and Adelaide, who all have strong midfields, but we're going to drop Scully the first opportunity he has of playing against a weak side ? With a realistic chance to celebrate another win with his mates and the confidence that delivers ? When we're trying to fast track him to 40 games ?

Scully won't be dropped. It doesn't make sense.

That's all fair enough.

But on the other side of the coin, Bailey wants to reward performance and play the best 22 he can each week. If Scully's the 'worst' performer in the team, and someone like Sylvia/Cheney/whoever is playing better football (or would play better football in the side), then shouldn't Bailey reward that player?

Personally, I don't think dropping Scully will do any harm at all. None. But I don't think he's the one who should make way, and I'm sure he'll play better against Richmond.

Yeah, I'm with you, Chook. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see that as the bench. Would love to see Cheney squeeze back into the line-up, too. But, doubt it'll happen this week. Won't hurt Scully to have a run in the 2's. He just doesn't seem to quite be up with the pace just yet. But, I'm sure it won't take him long.

Scully needs a week off and not to run with scorpions. He was really dragging his legs late in 4th quarter and could not run. Better to manage these young boys well and not burn them out. Melbourne manages the young guys really well. Martin will be back next week after another good performance this Sunday.

So no one thinks Cheney has earned a game? They have talked him up in the VFL reports and has been emergency already.

I actually do and would include at the expense of Joel MacDonald, but I doubt the club will.

That's all fair enough.

But on the other side of the coin, Bailey wants to reward performance and play the best 22 he can each week. If Scully's the 'worst' performer in the team, and someone like Sylvia/Cheney/whoever is playing better football (or would play better football in the side), then shouldn't Bailey reward that player?

Personally, I don't think dropping Scully will do any harm at all. None. But I don't think he's the one who should make way, and I'm sure he'll play better against Richmond.

Scully has performed well in his first 3 games and I see no reason to drop him. He certainly doesn't need a "rest" as someone suggested. He's the fittest at the club.

Newton will be dropped. Sylvia plays 60% forward and 40% midfield, and Dunn gives similar benefits to Newton with regards to the forward structure.

Scully has performed well in his first 3 games and I see no reason to drop him. He certainly doesn't need a "rest" as someone suggested. He's the fittest at the club.

Newton will be dropped. Sylvia plays 60% forward and 40% midfield, and Dunn gives similar benefits to Newton with regards to the forward structure.

a little logic

scarey that theres so little here at times ;)

Scully was a keen Richmond fan before we drafted him ... not that this has any relevance whatsoever to his selection / non selection on the weekend.

My gut feeling is that he will play, and that there might be a late withdrawal to free up another spot in the final 22.

Edited by Deeoldfart

I'm all for dropping Newton, but Jamar can't play 100% game time, so who helps out in the ruck? This is why I don't understand the absence of Martin, who by all reports was good for Casey last week.

It is possible they'll drop Joel McDonald due to match-ups, but that would be extremely harsh as he has been very good.

So no one thinks Cheney has earned a game? They have talked him up in the VFL reports and has been emergency already.

Who would be dropped for Cheney??

Simply can not drop Joel Mac after last week, he was very good. I also couldnt see them dropping Scully.

McKenzie and Bennell would be stiff to miss so Newton seems likely to miss with Cheney and spencer for mine.

Agree with that.

People forget that.....

Very hard to disagree with logic.

The club site specifically mentions Cheney as a possible inclusion.

Can't drop Joel is performing well and a experienced hand.

Scully should be in unless they have a plan to rotate the younger players who will need a rest at some stage during the season, not a bad time to do it and blood another young player.

We need someone to back Jamar so thats Newton or Spencer.

Edited by Robbie57