Before the Bounce Package

Brettmcg

Forked over $200 today to take part in the "Before the Bounce" being offered at 4 home games this year. Wondering if anyone else here has done similar?

I am in as well. Looking forward to these events.

'Before the Bounce' is an exciting new match day experience, designed to give 2010 members a unique insight into match day tactics. Hear privileged information from CEO Cameron Schwab and a Melbourne Football Club assistant coach, as they preview and discuss the upcoming game. You will receive exclusive access to confidential information on tactics and key match ups that will shape the course of the match.

Held in the Jim Stynes Room, 'Before the Bounce' will provide a pre-game analysis of four Melbourne home games during the 2010 season.

Game One

Round 3, Melbourne v Adelaide - Room opens 12.30 pm

Assistant coach in attendance: Josh Mahoney (Forward Line Coach)

Game Two

Round 5, Melbourne v Brisbane - Room opens 6.30 pm

Assistant coach in attendance: Mark Williams (Midfield Coach)

Game Three

Round 8, Melbourne v West Coast - Room opens 1.30 pm

Assistant coach in attendance: Sean Wellman (Back Line Coach)

Game Four

TBC

Assistant coach in attendance: Scott West (Midfield Coach)

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/Corporate/BeforetheBounce/tabid/15607/Default.aspx

Iam interested, and would be willing, but is there any particular reason why there are no Victorian teams included??

I mean, the pre game address for QB sounds a little more interesting than R8 - Melb v West Coast.

Game 4, as I predicted, has since been confirmed as the Sydney match.

I can only assume it is aimed at boosting attendance at matches against poor-drawing interstate teams.

Iam interested, and would be willing, but is there any particular reason why there are no Victorian teams included??

I committed before knowing which games were involved, and I was a bit disappointed none was against a Vic club, but what difference does it really make?

You're there to obtain an insight into the FD's thinking about our players, how they take on the game and the types they are up against, so I think it's ok either way. WC, Freo, Swans and Crows all play slightly different styles. It's just that we may be slightly less familiar with them.

'Before the Bounce' is an exciting new match day experience, designed to give 2010 members a unique insight into match day tactics. Hear privileged information from CEO Cameron Schwab and a Melbourne Football Club assistant coach, as they preview and discuss the upcoming game. You will receive exclusive access to confidential information on tactics and key match ups that will shape the course of the match.

Held in the Jim Stynes Room, 'Before the Bounce' will provide a pre-game analysis of four Melbourne home games during the 2010 season.

Game One

Round 3, Melbourne v Adelaide - Room opens 12.30 pm

Assistant coach in attendance: Josh Mahoney (Forward Line Coach)

Game Two

Round 5, Melbourne v Brisbane - Room opens 6.30 pm

Assistant coach in attendance: Mark Williams (Midfield Coach)

Game Three

Round 8, Melbourne v West Coast - Room opens 1.30 pm

Assistant coach in attendance: Sean Wellman (Back Line Coach)

Game Four

TBC

Assistant coach in attendance: Scott West (Midfield Coach)

Thanks Micky! Sounds good.

I dont know about that. Its a bit of a hefty price tag, for the average mums and dads to get off the couch and out too the game.

I'm not sure it's actually aimed at the average mums and dads, moreso the footy fanatics who want a chance to get inside the inner sanctum.

From memory it is limited to something like 100 people.

I'm also not sure if there are any other conditions to it, I vaguely got the idea it was only offered to some members depending on their membership package.

Could be wrong, but it's just the impression I got.

I mean, the pre game address for QB sounds a little more interesting than R8 - Melb v West Coast.

i would dare say it is an incentive to get some interest in the low attendance games that the club has come with.

The club is probably looking at ways to get extra people through the gate to these type of games, and good on them

I believe the experience is limited to 150 people.

The club intends this to be something that is not out of reach to the average supporter. That said, they don't want just anyone to access it - they want the passionate supporters.

I know the club is very excited about this initiative, and intends to throw as much behind it as they can - so if you do sign up, expect to get your money's worth.

Cam Schwab is always fantastic value in 'inner sanctum' type forums, and I imagine with a developing side, some very interesting discussions will be had.

I would encourage anyone really interested in the tactics of football, and the development of the Melbourne Football Club's football department, to get involved.

Mind you, you have to sign a confidentiality agreement to go along with this package.

Bravado or is it serious?

Depending on the content, I might be disappointed to see it appear on this forum, but then they'd almost have to expect it...

If you're signing a confidentiality agreement that is a legal document, not a token for a bit of fun.

I don't think the club would 'almost have to expect' its own supporters to breach a signed confidentiality agreement when it comes to something as sensitive as matchday tactics.

If someone who was part of this program repeated what they heard on here in spite of that agreement I would hope they would be punished.

If you're signing a confidentiality agreement that is a legal document, not a token for a bit of fun.

I don't think the club would 'almost have to expect' its own supporters to breach a signed confidentiality agreement when it comes to something as sensitive as matchday tactics.

If someone who was part of this program repeated what they heard on here in spite of that agreement I would hope they would be punished.

I wouldn't be impressed, but I still wouldn't be surprised to see someone break it.

I thought possibly it was a ploy to increase the feeling of 'exclusivity' of the package, but I do tend to agree with what you have said.

Just signed up. This club's going to bleed me dry!

With regards to confidentiality. I'm sure there will be plenty we can discuss and some we can't. If you really want to know, then hand over the cash and come along! It really is time to sign up to these things and the Heartland project. They are the kinds of things that this club has lacked in the past and needs its supporters to embrace.

Edited by Roost It

If someone did breach their confidentiality agreement on this forum I would implore the moderators to delete the post with all haste. That kind of thing could wind up ruining the whole experience for everyone else if the coaches felt what was said would be repeated online.

• 2 weeks later...

Just opened my pack yesterday when it came in the mail - does anyone know much about it?

I'm wondering if it is just a pregame peptalk and basic rundown of the tactics employed, or will this be where we are expected to remain for the course of the match?

Not sure if I should be planning to meet mates at the game, etc. or if I'll be in there the whole time.

NB. Confidentiality agreements need to be signed and faxed back in about a week's time.

It's pre-game only.

Tell your mates you'll meet them at the seats just before the game starts.

Yeah, that's what I thought, but after reading what I just got in the mail it gave me the feeling I'd be there for the whole match.

It doesn't say that though.

Cheers ID

Signed up for it. I'm very much looking forward to it.

I expect a full Report after each game KS, as i am sure you will have some insightful questions ready to ask!!

Great idea-who cares who the opposition is, this is a chance to be privvy to match day routines at the MFC-a chance to see the Demon resurge.